Closed Thread
Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast
Like Tree379Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Purifier PTS Updates

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    Why can't the channel be mobile? Puri has potential as a mobile healer. Sentinel is a mobile healer only with flare. If the channel is mobile we will have a full blown decent mobile healer.
    Because that might trivialize ST healing? No other single target healer can move while spamming their most efficient ST heals. It also keeps it in line with Void Life. Spreading the cost through the channel would be super amazing (9% 3% 3% would be so goood while maintaining a high initial cost).
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    I disagree with the channel being mobile or my chloro will demand a mobile void life. Just saying.
    Except chloros do a lot more damage than a healing cleric does..and a chloro never seems to run out of mana..unlike a healing cleric.

Just saying.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    • New Ability: Fire Nova - Removes Burnout from up to 3 allies within 35m, healing and refreshing all active Wards. Instant cast. 30s cooldown. This ability is obtained by spending 61 points in the Purifier soul.
    KERVIK, BABY, HONEYCRUMBS, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME THAT THE VFX FOR THIS IS A FLAME TORNADO!

Also, how does the spell decide which targets it hits? Do only 3 allies that have Burnout get hit, or is it 3 allies with Burnout get it removed and everyone in the area gets heals and wards refreshed? What happens if more than three people in the range have Burnout on them?

Here's the breakdown of the current version of the Wards:
    • Ward of Flame - 3s non-moving channel. Heals and applies an absorb stack every second. Less healing/absorb total over the 3 seconds than the other 2 wards.
    • Ward of Fire - 3s cast time. Large heal and moderate absorb.
    • Ward of Scorching - 2s cast time. High mana cost. Largest heal and absorb of the Wards.
    Do all of these stack with Rite of the Forge, Gathering of Ancestors, and Spiritual Conflagration?
    Last edited by Kriptini; 08-01-2013 at 03:52 PM.

• New Ability: Fire Nova - Removes Burnout from up to 3 allies within 35m, healing and refreshing all active Wards. Instant cast. 30s cooldown. This ability is obtained by spending 61 points in the Purifier soul.

The idea of having Burnout stacks on the caster is an interesting one. I'll give it some thought and see what sort of options there are in working with that sort of a mechanic.
    Fire Nova is a good start, but I'd tweak it a bit. Thing is, Wards don't last that long on tanks. By the time you're done casting them, they're already gone if the target's being hit. But maybe I'm missing something obvious. Just the same, I'd have the Wards actually be placed by the spell, rather than be refreshed by it.
    • Fire Nova - Removes Burnout from up to 3 allies within 35m, healing and placing Wards on those allies. Instant cast. 30s cooldown.

I couldn't tell from the wording if the intent was to only refresh wards on the folks affected by Burnout, or all active wards on the raid, but I like the flavor of "marking" the targets with Burnout, and then using a CD to trigger a heal/shield on all of them at once. It's definitely more of the "damage prediction" and less "damage reaction". Removing Burnout because the target's still getting walloped seems like the mark of a Puri that can't plan ahead. (But if the intent is just to react to unexpected damage by removing burnout, might not hurt to make it off-GCD.)

Regarding Burnout on the player: that seems really hard to do without a soul rewrite to manage stacks. If two Symbols are cast, and ten seconds later a third Symbol is cast, all your stacks of Burnout are refreshed: the old and the new. Playstyle would be about putting up shields, followed by not using shields until all the stacks are done. That's quite different from encouraging people to use shields 3 seconds before major damage, unless all future targeted damage will always be at least 20 seconds apart, and come in bursts of three.*

The benefit of keeping Burnout on the player is better one-target healing. And consolidating Burnout would make it easier to track, I suppose. And you could safely have more than one Puri in the raid (as long as they're well coordinated). But as far as passives and things go, if Fire Nova can react to the presence of Burnout, there's no reason other abilities couldn't be changed to detect Burnout in a similar fashion. And for the whole "multiple Puri" thing, Puris can optionally only be affected by their burnout on the target.

Regarding better single-tank healing, if wards are good enough, a Symbol won't be needed every five seconds.* But if the end goal is just getting more shields onto one player, how about this:
    • Rake the Coals - The ally can still receive Symbols while affected by one instance of Burnout. Symbols cast on this player have their own Burnout. Can only affect one ally. 5 second cast. Lasts 1h.
    Sorta a Light of Redemption or Shared Excess, but for the Purifier.

*Obvious hyperbole
    Last edited by Kolfinna; 08-01-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Ooo, make channel wards give a stacking buff, when that buff reaches X (5?) stacks it pops and clears burnout on that target.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

BURNOUT SUGGESTION (IF STACKS ON CASTER)

The only way I could see burnout being on the caster is as follows:

Everytime a purifier cast's a symbol, the purifier recieves a stack of burnout, up to 10 stacks. Cannot be cleansed. Each stack reduces the effectiveness of your symbols by 10%. Every 10 seconds a single stack is removed.

Thus you can let the player's decide how they want to use their symbols, but will have a limit on their power should they decide to spam their symbol. By still having wards have a chance to remove a stack from the cleric, I could see a clever dance between wards and symbols being used.

Also in this way you are not locked out by burnout on any individual player, and you can't macro symbols to cycle through the raid. Since symbols dont stack, you only decreese its power if you spam it on the tank rather than timing them properly and weaving in wards. You can cast lots of symbols if you so choose, or use them sparingly to make them more powerful.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 08-01-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Kolfinna View Post
    Fire Nova is a good start, but I'd tweak it a bit. Thing is, Wards don't last that long on tanks. By the time you're done casting them, they're already gone if the target's being hit.
    That's a good point. For this reason, Premonition is almost impossible to use.

Speaking of which, can we get a hotfix to make Premonition a cast before the Ward is cast instead after? It would make it much more reliable to use and... well, the spell is called Premonition, after all...

Everytime a purifier cast's a symbol, the purifier recieves a stack of burnout, up to 10 stacks. Cannot be cleansed. Each stack reduces the effectiveness of your symbols by 10%. Every 10 seconds a single stack is removed.

Thus you can let the player's decide how they want to use their symbols, but will have a limit on their power should they decide to spam their symbol. By still having wards have a chance to remove a stack from the cleric, I could see a clever dance between wards and symbols being used.

Also in this way you are not locked out by burnout on any individual player, and you can't macro symbols to cycle through the raid. Since symbols dont stack, you only decreese its power if you spam it on the tank rather than timing them properly and weaving in wards. You can cast lots of symbols if you so choose, or use them sparingly to make them more powerful.
    And then make the 61 skill very interesting, have it heal the raid based on the stacks of burnout you have as well as clear all stacks of burnout. Incoming major damage? get some symbols out there, and then clear your stacks for a powerful heal to the raid.
    Xenohart

Also in this way you are not locked out by burnout on any individual player, and you can't macro symbols to cycle through the raid. You can cast lots of symbols if you so choose, or use them sparingly to make them more powerful.
    I think this is okay, but we can take this one step further. My proposal is that if we want to change Burnout to be on the caster, we need to scrap Burnout and instead make an ammo system, like Convictions.

Let's call this ammo "Sparks." Every x seconds (or after every x Wards cast) the Cleric generates a stack of "Spark." He can have a maximum of, let's say, 10 Sparks. In addition to consuming mana, each Symbol cast also costs one stack of Sparks, so if you don't have any Sparks, you can't make any Symbols.

This allows players to decide how to use their Symbols while bypassing the problems that could occur from placing a refreshing debuff on the player.
    Last edited by Kriptini; 08-01-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    I think this is okay, but we can take this one step further. My proposal is that if we want to change Burnout to be on the caster, we need to scrap Burnout and instead make an ammo system, like Convictions.

Let's call this ammo "Sparks." Every x seconds (or after every x Wards cast) the Cleric generates a stack of "Spark." He can have a maximum of, let's say, 10 Sparks. In addition to consuming mana, each Symbol cast also costs one stack of Sparks, so if you don't have any Sparks, you can't make any Symbols.

This allows players to decide how to use their Symbols while bypassing the problems that could occur from placing a refreshing debuff on the player.
    The only reason I dont like the spark idea, is cause now I'm gonna just spam ward of flame > Symbol >ward of flame > symbol, repeat forever, tank takes no damage. I think the burnout method is better because not only does it limit symbols use on the raid, but also on the tank.

Not to mention it requires little rewrite on any existing talents if the burnout on caster is used.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 08-01-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Xenohart

The only reason I dont like the spark idea, is cause now I'm gonna just spam ward of flame > Symbol >ward of flame > symbol, repeat forever, tank takes no damage. I think the burnout method is better because not only does it limit symbols use on the raid, but also on the tank.

Not to mention it requires little rewrite on any existing talents.
    Since 1.11, Purifier has never been about only protecting the tank. Also, the problem with your system is that if you have 1 stack of Burnout, wait 9 seconds, then cast a Symbol, you now have 2 stacks of Burnout and instead of 1 being removed in 1 second, you have to wait another 10 seconds. It also makes raid shielding harder.
    Last edited by Kriptini; 08-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    Since 1.11, Purifier has never been about only protecting the tank.
    Intentions wont change the fact that that would be what happens. Its too powerful of a rotation. The tank would literally never take damage ever.

Also remember the talents that remove stacks of burnout remain unchanged. Casting a ward or channeled ward can still remove stacks of burnout off ya. If you want an easy change, make the highest talent just every three wards cast. then after three channels (9 seconds) you remove a guaranteed burnout stack. then you can cast your symbol again.

Using single target shields to cover up the whole raid should be harder.

Or if u want ward of fire to really have some use, make it guaranteed to remove a burnout stack off ya. that'd make it real useful.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 08-01-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Xenohart

Intentions wont change the fact that that would be what happens. Its too powerful of a rotation. The tank would literally never take damage ever.
    When you have a Sentinel or Chloro healing a tank, it's effectively the same thing because any damage they do take is immediately healed back up. I don't understand why there's a difference.

Also remember the talents that remove stacks of burnout remain unchanged. Casting a ward or channeled ward can still remove stacks of burnout off ya.
    So how is your version of Symbol > Channel ward > Symbol > Channel ward different from my version of Symbol > Channel ward > Symbol > Channel ward?

Telaran

Hey all,

So the bad news is the Purifier's current role is taking a hit. The amount of healing they provide through absorbs is going to be reduced, while the direct healing they provide will be increased. We're also looking at other potential changes to how the soul plays since these changes will already greatly shift the playstyle of the soul. I'll post updates as any of these other changes get finished and head out to PTS.

The current changes heading out to PTS are:
    • Symbol of the Sun and Symbol of the Torch can now only be applied to up to 3 allies at a time.
    • Ward of Flame and Ward of Fire no longer provide an absorb shield.
    • Remove ability Symbol of the Hearth.
    • New ability: Cauterizing Wave - Removes 1 Curse, Disease, or Poison from up to 10 party or raid members. This is obtained after spending 24 points in the Purifier soul.
    • Removed talent Emblem of Ashes.
    • New talent: Feed the Flames - Your Wards restore 3/6 energy, 3/6 power or 2/4% of your max mana to the healed ally. Points can be spent in this after spending 35 points in the Purifier soul.
    So now Cleric basicly gonna get another Sentinel soul ? this make no sense..or..
    Its just gonna be used as suport if you add more buffs to it.

Closed Thread
Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast