+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Patchkid

Thread: Defiler/Purifier

Default Defiler/Purifier

If specced into Rampant growth, every time you cast a damage spell it places Fowl Growth onto your Beacon. If you specced into Purifier's Caregiver's Blessing and Sign of Wrath, which applies an absorb and a damage shield onto the targets of your healing spells, would this place the Purifier's shield procs onto the Beacon since it gets Foul Growth from each damage cast?

In other words;

Does Foul Growth, when procced from Rampant Growth, in turn proc Caregiver's Blessing and Sign of Wrath ?
    Last edited by dezmeron; 07-15-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    "I think the idea of art kills creativity." -Douglas Noel Adams

Generally procs do not proc procs. I am not 100% sure in this case though as the blessings are inconsistent. It is simple enough to copy to PTS and try it.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-15-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Plane Touched

99% sure that stacks generated from rampant growth do not generate directly sign/blessings, but stacks manually triggered by feedback proc Sign of wrath (seems a bug to me) and do not proc the blessing.
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

Champion of Telara

I tested this, and it does not work... Nor does putting Seeping Death from Cabalist on your tank. Neither do procs from Wrathful Exuberance or Eruption. Also, certain "dps" abilities do not proc Foul Growth -- i.e. Curse of Solitude (Curse of Discord does work), pretty sure any GTAE (Fire Wall and pretty sure CoO) doesn't either.

Also casting Bond of Pain, and it's subsequent damage procs do not proc Foul Growth...

So, you must cast a direct damage ability at your target for Foul Growth to proc on links. If the spell requires a target to activate, it should proc Foul Growth (Curse of Solitude being the odd spell out, and not sure about Well of Souls).

** Now, for the reverse - also tested. Proc'd Foul Growth stacks will not activate any buffs (Blessings, Signs). Casting direct heals (Feeback, Loathsome Restoration, Hideous Reconstruction, and Ghastly Restoration) will proc these - as will activating Foul Growth stacks directly (i.e. every Foul Growth that is activated via casting Loathstome at your target can proc Blessings and Signs).
    Last edited by Patchkid; 07-15-2013 at 11:46 AM.

From my testing, granted I don't currently have my notes handy;

Nothing procs Caregiver's Blessing except direct heals and everything procced Sign of Wrath with the exclusion of Rampant Growth procs. That being said, Rampant Growth will proc Sign of Wrath if you let the Fowl Growth expire.

Some more testing. Husk of indifference didn't proc Caregiver's but did proc Sign.

On a side note. I figured since Siphon Vitality is a DoT that heals I would try Vex when specced into Contempt. As you would have guessed, it didn't proc anything.

In conclusion, Caregiver's Blessing and Sign of Wrath are not worth it unless you want them for direct heals.

Quote Originally Posted by dezmeron View Post
    everything procced Sign of Wrath with the exclusion of Rampant Growth procs.
    Won't let me edit.

By everything, I mean Husk of Indifference and Siphon Vitality. Although I can't be sure if it was one or the other since I also had Cardial Conversion.

+ Reply to Thread