+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shaman DPS on PTS

Ascendant

If you're getting shaman to parse higher than inq, I'm more inclined to believe you're messing something up with inq.

pvp Shaman is better than inquis once you are geared. since you have to rely on justicar to play shaman when you are low ranked. you are still efective.. since i leveled up that way, but its 12 kills-1 death games insted of 22 kills 4 death games.

and remember "DOOD BISHOP YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT its a WELL KNOWN FACTZ that freverent strike is for teh noobs" god bishop I hate you , you know nothing.. your a scrub, I hate that guy!

How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

dbe
    General of Telara

My results on the PTS, with the bag gear (for whatever that means to you), on the 62 raid dummy. I did all tests at 4 minutes.

61 Inq / 15 Def: 21.331k
    61 Sham / 5 Inq / 10 Dru: 20.882k
    61 Dru / 7 Sham / 8 Inq: 20.156k

In both Druid and Shaman tests, I was OOM at the 4 minute mark. For Druid, I also tried 13 Shaman / 2 Inq, and 15 Defiler, and in both cases the damage was at least 5% lower. Even with 13 Shaman, the damage of Lightning Hammer was not worth it (tried with/without, roughly same result). I did use Vex but did not prioritize it (there were times when it was 2-5 seconds after it expired before it was reapplied). For the Inquisitor and Shaman builds, I couldn't find another off-coul combo that was better.

Just for comparison, I also loaded up my mage and tested those builds too. The new best Pyro spec has changed a little and was the highest damage of the "pure" ranged specs.

61 Pyro / 10 Lock / 5 Harb: 21.798k

I should add though that Mages have some improvements in several souls, and there are a couple builds I was not familiar enough to test, such as Harb/Storm.

Again, these numbers aren't meant to be absolute, just my own experience comparing the Cleric souls to each other. Go Inq! (it's your turn, I guess)
    Last edited by dbe; 07-14-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    pvp Shaman is better than inquis once you are geared. since you have to rely on justicar to play shaman when you are low ranked. you are still efective.. since i leveled up that way, but its 12 kills-1 death games insted of 22 kills 4 death games.

and remember "DOOD BISHOP YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT its a WELL KNOWN FACTZ that freverent strike is for teh noobs" god bishop I hate you , you know nothing.. your a scrub, I hate that guy!

What ****ing spec are you using? Do you have the 15% bonus to fervent strike in the druid tree? The optimal shaman spec is 61 shaman, 5 inquisitor, 10 druid. Maybe your fervent strike does more damage than crushing blow, but thats only because you have placed your soul points wrong and you are losing overall damage because of it. 10% increased damage to all instant abilities > 15% more on a rear fervent strike. Plus you are using a 1 button spam macro in your videos, which proves you are a terrible shaman LOL. And your keyboard turning is a disgrace, you seriously should delete all those videos.
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 07-14-2013 at 09:36 PM.

The problem is my friend, you need at least one dedicated healer to follow you around to be effective. There is no damage mitigation at all. If Shaman's could get something to the effect of Judicial Privledge (even at the cost of something else, ie dps) then that would be a different story.

No disrepect to your videos, but in the ones I have seen, you aren't trying to do any of the objectives. If you did, you would be focus fired and burned down so quick, it would show more then anything the problem with the Shaman.

pvp Shaman is better than inquis once you are geared.
    No. Bad Bishop.
    Last edited by Byona; 07-14-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    No. Bad Bishop.
    Pawn takes Bishop and demotes to Squire

Just did some quick testing with both my warrior and my cleric in tier 2 bag gear in the dumby foundry. To compare Shaman with Rfitblade. I'll get ACT parses up later on today but here are the basic results -

Shaman ST 21k, Range only 11k, 5 Target AoE 64k.

Riftlbade ST 22k, Range only 17k, 5 Target AoE 60k.

Suggest both souls need a small buff to their ST, whilst shaman needs alot of love around disconnects.

My ST with Paragon was 24.2k but it really is a one trick pony.

My ST with Inquisitor 22.5k

Shaman 61/10 druid/5inq, Inquisitor 61/15defiler with rage blight.
    Riftblade 61/15tempest/0paragon, Paragon 61/10Rb/5tempest.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Ascendant

Since inquisitor parses has been covered heres the AoE with 61Inq/15def/0 cabalist (when the tiny salvation heal isnt needed).

Inquisitor AoE

NO CoO ever if using 0 cab sub. Using CoO 5 target is ~28k on 5 targets.
    Lining up Fanaticism with Soul Drain, Bound Fate spam when Soul Drain on CD.

8 Target: 41.5k
    5 Target: 32.2k

Both over 4 minutes.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 07-15-2013 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Since inquisitor parses has been covered heres the AoE with 61Inq/15def/0 cabalist (when the tiny salvation heal isnt needed).

Inquisitor AoE

NO CoO ever if using 0 cab sub. Using CoO 5 target is ~28k on 5 targets.
    Lining up Fanaticism with Soul Drain, Bound Fate spam when Soul Drain on CD.

8 Target: 41.5k
    5 Target: 32.2k

Both over 4 minutes.
    I'd quite like to see a Scourge spreading skill, since manually DoT'ing each target is still a better option than CoO. Or even just Vex!
    Last edited by Sikph; 07-15-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sikph View Post
    I'd quite like to see a Scourge spreading skill, since manually DoT'ing each target is still a better option than CoO. Or even just Vex!
    Most trash pack dont last long enough for scourge or vex to tick down after manuel dotting each one. Soul Drain + Bound Fate spam is rather bursty especially using Fanatism for 12 ticks of auto crit soul drain and the follow 3 Bound Fate is also being buffed by Zealotry. You will out AoE burst even a shaman in a short time frame.

But yea CoO is uber terrible.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    What ****ing spec are you using? Do you have the 15% bonus to fervent strike in the druid tree? The optimal shaman spec is 61 shaman, 5 inquisitor, 10 druid. Maybe your fervent strike does more damage than crushing blow, but thats only because you have placed your soul points wrong and you are losing overall damage because of it. 10% increased damage to all instant abilities > 15% more on a rear fervent strike. Plus you are using a 1 button spam macro in your videos, which proves you are a terrible shaman LOL. And your keyboard turning is a disgrace, you seriously should delete all those videos.
    It might be worth it for you to read through the talent trees and understand how PvP stats work. It's widely known that at lower levels of gear that damage > wisdom. PvP has heavily reduced amounts of Wisdom and Spell Power on gear and adds Vengence. Vengence is not applied to any of our talents which makes +wisdom talents worth less than +damage at current PvP gear levels. THAT is why Fervent Strike hits harder than Crushing Blow in PvP.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RogueUnseen View Post
    It might be worth it for you to read through the talent trees and understand how PvP stats work. It's widely known that at lower levels of gear that damage > wisdom. PvP has heavily reduced amounts of Wisdom and Spell Power on gear and adds Vengence. Vengence is not applied to any of our talents which makes +wisdom talents worth less than +damage at current PvP gear levels. THAT is why Fervent Strike hits harder than Crushing Blow in PvP.
    Fervent will only hit harder if you put points into it's positional bonus. This would mean wasting 3 points in druid for a small bonus to an already weak ability that is reduced in pvp even further. 15% to rear fervent is not worth it when those points can be used to much more benefit elsewhere imo

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    The problem is my friend, you need at least one dedicated healer to follow you around to be effective. There is no damage mitigation at all. If Shaman's could get something to the effect of Judicial Privledge (even at the cost of something else, ie dps) then that would be a different story.

No disrepect to your videos, but in the ones I have seen, you aren't trying to do any of the objectives. If you did, you would be focus fired and burned down so quick, it would show more then anything the problem with the Shaman.
    wait... did you just say BISHOPX IS NOT A TARGET IN PVP!??!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
    did you have a straight face when you typed it?
    http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/703/haff.jpg

I could play a different toon... be tank spec and people STILL MARK ME in pvp.
    this is from today, decided to post it after reading your post.

I dont have dedicated healers..... EVER.....if I do I wont post the video because I want the videos to be authentic and show what can be done NORMALLY.

as for the freverent strike argument... come on people. theres no skills or abilities I want (other than points in justicar)... that I want to go with over a skill that will crit THAT hard in pvp.

when you use rage of the north you know you are going to crit. to me wit my playstyle, rear attacks are all I do. remember this phrase and write it down..

if you hit someone and they turn and hit you back, you may be attacking the wrong target.
    -BishopX
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Just did some quick testing with both my warrior and my cleric in tier 2 bag gear in the dumby foundry. To compare Shaman with Rfitblade. I'll get ACT parses up later on today but here are the basic results -

Shaman ST 21k, Range only 11k, 5 Target AoE 64k.

Riftlbade ST 22k, Range only 17k, 5 Target AoE 60k.

Suggest both souls need a small buff to their ST, whilst shaman needs alot of love around disconnects.

My ST with Paragon was 24.2k but it really is a one trick pony.

My ST with Inquisitor 22.5k

Shaman 61/10 druid/5inq, Inquisitor 61/15defiler with rage blight.
    Riftblade 61/15tempest/0paragon, Paragon 61/10Rb/5tempest.
    can we just agree that rift blade does WAY TOO MUCH damage from range with shock pulse? we shouldnt judge ourselves based on a class that needs to get whacked with the nerfbat. be happy we have 2 ranged abilities that do so so damage........
    but... then again now that I think about it, my riftstalker has no problems with disconnects since it has a ranged finisher and 2 builders and my mage harb has no problems with disconnects because it can use phantom blades and use ALL OF THEIR ABILITIES from range.
    So, I think you are winning me over to your argument. lightning bolt damage may need to come up

TLDR
    change shocking conclusion to be +50% lightning damage and 100% damage for jolt
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast