+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 410
Like Tree47Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shaman DPS on PTS

  1. #331
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    If the client shows that the GCD is still active, it will not attempt to queue up another ability if the first ability on the macro is blocked for any reason. It makes no difference whether I'm using short or full ability queues.
    I understand your skepticism, I was similarly unconvinced when people posted about it back then. But then I tried it with A Quick Death in Warlord and it indeed queues up abilities (as in, glowing white border) fine beyond the conditional ability now for me.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-23-2013 at 12:33 PM.

  2. #332
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I understand your skepticism, I was similarly unconvinced when people posted about it back then. But then I tried it with A Quick Death in Warlord and it indeed queues up abilities fine beyond the conditional ability now for me.
    A Quick Death does allow other abilities to be queued (I just tested it). Glacial Strike breaks the macro queuing, as does Marrow Harvest. It's worth noting that I imported all my ui/game settings from my cleric to my warrior last night, so it doesn't appear to be anything controlled by client settings.

    If the FW blocker does not interfere with macros being queued up properly I would have no issue with it being used. However, it seems obvious that the "fix" has been selectively applied and this is something which needs to be addressed. (frankly I think the way oGCD abilities are queud up should be changed too, but that's a discussion which belongs in a different thread.)
    Last edited by Xarog; 07-23-2013 at 12:43 PM.

  3. #333
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    A Quick Death does allow other abilities to be queued (I just tested it). Glacial Strike breaks the macro queuing, as does Marrow Harvest. It's worth noting that I imported all my ui/game settings from my cleric to my warrior last night, so it doesn't appear to be anything controlled by client settings.

    If the FW blocker does not interfere with macros being queued up properly I would have no issue with it being used. However, it seems obvious that the "fix" has been selectively applied and this is something which needs to be addressed. (frankly I think the way oGCD abilities are queud up should be changed too, but that's a discussion which belongs in a different thread.)
    odd I haven't noticed any issues with either ability as long as there's no cast time abilities involved. I'll try to remember to recheck them later

  4. #334
    Ascendant BishopX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    did I ever get confirmation if the changes will be lowered in pvp like glacial strike is... or not?
    Id love a 120% jolt in pvp.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

  5. #335
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Hmm, just tested out the changes on the PTS, it seems my DPS dropped even without messing up the frozen wrath maintenance... it's just a pain to keep the rotation going smoothly now...


    I'd rather have my DPS lowered on target swapping than lowered all the time from making a tiny mistake with FW on a 10 minute boss fight

  6. #336
    Rift Chaser Sikph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    Hmm, just tested out the changes on the PTS, it seems my DPS dropped even without messing up the frozen wrath maintenance... it's just a pain to keep the rotation going smoothly now...


    I'd rather have my DPS lowered on target swapping than lowered all the time from making a tiny mistake with FW on a 10 minute boss fight

    Yeah, I now unfortunately agree. I didn't think it'd bother me that much, but after hopping on PTS to try the new raid bosses, I just couldn't be bothered with Shaman. It was too much annoyance. It was fun and challenging before, but yet another thing to manage tipped it to the annoying side.

    I'd probably still get used to it if I had to, but for now it's a really frustrating change and I would really like to see Byona's suggestion put through. Non-placeable on a target that already has it running.

    Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

  7. #337
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    I still would rather see the lock out on EoL vs FW. Frankly, I don't see any DPS gain refreshing it early. EoL is a major pain with it's mechanic, but at least the 10 stacks means you have to cast it 50% less often.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 07-23-2013 at 03:23 PM.

  8. #338
    Plane Touched Sikarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikph View Post
    I'd probably still get used to it if I had to, but for now it's a really frustrating change and I would really like to see Byona's suggestion put through. Non-placeable on a target that already has it running.
    I'd be interested to see some results from people eliminating Vex from the rotation. I'm not totally sure it's worthwhile any more and, if not, having that extra key for FW isn't an issue; you're just trading one key out for another.
    Def/Cab "Swiss Army Knife" build and guide here.

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #339
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Hey all,

    For the time being I'll go ahead and set Frozen Wrath so it cannot be cast on a target you already have it on. This is more of an experiment to see how it works out for you all than something that is set in stone. If you guys like it better like it is on live, or without this extra restriction I can revert things back.

  10. #340
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

    For the time being I'll go ahead and set Frozen Wrath so it cannot be cast on a target you already have it on. This is more of an experiment to see how it works out for you all than something that is set in stone. If you guys like it better like it is on live, or without this extra restriction I can revert things back.
    So far I seem to be the only one objecting and my objection is only conditional on the fact that blocked abilities seem to interrupt ability queuing. If that particular bug can be found and fixed, I don't think anyone would have a problem with an ability block being placed.

    From your end would it be possible to compare the Glacial Strike/Marrow Harvest/Frozen Wind block to the "A Quick Death" ability from the warrior's warlord tree to see if the skills are handled by the client differently?

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #341
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    So far I seem to be the only one objecting and my objection is only conditional on the fact that blocked abilities seem to interrupt ability queuing. If that particular bug can be found and fixed, I don't think anyone would have a problem with an ability block being placed.

    From your end would it be possible to compare the Glacial Strike/Marrow Harvest/Frozen Wind block to the "A Quick Death" ability from the warrior's warlord tree to see if the skills are handled by the client differently?
    Glacial Strike and A Quick Death are basically set up the same, since they both require the target to be below 30%. Marrow Harvest and this change to Frozen Wrath are set up the same as each other, but it sounds like they still have the lag issue for you. Are you seeing the issue with Glacial Strike, but not with A Quick Death?

  12. #342
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Glacial Strike and A Quick Death are basically set up the same, since they both require the target to be below 30%. Marrow Harvest and this change to Frozen Wrath are set up the same as each other, but it sounds like they still have the lag issue for you. Are you seeing the issue with Glacial Strike, but not with A Quick Death?
    I see the issue with all three cleric abilities that I mentioned, but not with A Quick Death. And as I said, I imported all of the game settings from my cleric to my warrior within the last 24 hours as well.

    Glacial Strike and A Quick Death should function identically all things considered, and yet they don't (I realise that the mechanic block on FW/Marrow Harvest would have to be slightly different for obvious reasons).

  13. #343
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    I'm fine with making FW work like marrow harvest because that keeps the complexity the same as it was before the changes. But there should NOT be any other changes to make it easier. The difficulty of managing EoL is what separates a great shaman from a decent-good shaman. The DPS gain from using EoL is honestly not that huge, and only relevant to people who absolutely need to have the highest dps possible for progression.

    The only thing left to fix in shaman is the disconnect. After the FW change (when it can be spammed on a target), Spamming FW for the first tick + vengeance proc is higher dps than spamming ekkehard's.
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 07-23-2013 at 04:16 PM.

  14. #344
    Telaran Esper27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    EoL has a stack size of 10 on the PTS so that does help, but it doesn't reduce excessive number of hotkeys.
    I'm seeing EOL as 10 in my 61 druid spec, but only as 5 in shaman. I'm not seeing anything in the tree doubling it, but... I'm sure fixing tooltips is at the bottom of the list, since stuff is still in flux.

  15. #345
    RIFT Guide Writer Noshei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esper27 View Post
    I'm seeing EOL as 10 in my 61 druid spec, but only as 5 in shaman. I'm not seeing anything in the tree doubling it, but... I'm sure fixing tooltips is at the bottom of the list, since stuff is still in flux.
    It is certainty in the tooltip, take another look. I think it is near the top of the druid tree (25+ points), but I may be wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts