Closed Thread

Thread: How To Gear Up At Level 60

Default How To Gear Up At Level 60

As a returning level 50, it seems unbelievable to me, but after only a few days I've already removed my "uber" orange HK and ID gear, in favor of the greens and blues you get from doing the level 51-60 quests. I worked so hard to get it all... and now it is just useless.

Which brings me to the point of this thread...

Greens and blues are fine for the normal PvE quests, but you normally like to have a little more to be a good candidate for a raiding guild/team. Being away from the game for so long, I really don't know where to get myself "raid-ready" any more.

I've seen the BiS spreadsheet, but that really doesn't tell you what order most people follow to get themselves geared out. What piece do most Clerics go after first, second, etc?

QUESTION: If you had greens and blues from questing, what path would you follow to improve your gear to purples (or better), and in what order (easy to tough)?
    Last edited by Kaelani; 07-01-2013 at 05:43 AM.

After much digging, it almost seems as if crafted gear will get you there, without running any dungeons at all!

So...
    If you have an abundance of platinum, I'm sure that you could find a crafter to make you some fine epic gear.

If you have an abundance of time, you could buy the new "Increase of Trait Skill" from the Item Shop. This allows you (on a single character) to learn every crafting trade. You could then level up your character in Weaponsmithing and Armorcrafting, and make it all yourself. You could even level up Artificer to make the Augments.

This still doesn't answer the base question of which dungeons and what order (if you actually LIKE doing the content for your gear), but it is a start.

Shadowlander

The 5-man dungeons can be done in any order. I recommend queueing for the random normal dungeon every day while leveling to 60 so when you hit 60 you have an idea of what is going on in them and can start experts once you have the gear.

Several of the dungeons drop level 60 only items even if you run it at 58+ so you can have a stock pile for when you finally reach 60.

After experts it is on to raiding, which I assume there is an order for those, but I don't know what it is.

5-man dungeons and Infinity Stone World Vendor is where you start at though doing random normals, then random experts.

Experts require 300 hit for dps/heals/support and 300 toughness for tank so that is a must for getting into them. Raiding require 400 for each currently.

Every crafted item is Bind on Equip, so you don't have to craft it yourself, just find it on the AH or have someone make one for you by providing the mats, again you can farm those yourself or buy them from the AH.

I used chronicles and the upper 50s/60 level dungeons to gear up for experts. Once I could do experts I use dungeon gear for my DPS set and world gear for my Tank set.
    Even free cost too much now

Once I reached level 60, I did a few things to get my hit over 400.

1. I crafted what I needed, since I'm a Grandmaster Outfitter
    2. I gave some mats to a guildie to make me weapons
    3. I bought some purple jewelry from the AH
    4. Do the lvl 60 A Hero Rises chronicle. You get some nice stuff from the final chest, as well as the cores you need to upgrade some items. Got a purple sword out of the deal. ;)

Well, and yes, I guess run dungeons, although, so far, I've just done one SL dungeon. I'm not big on those =p

Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

Rift Disciple

You need to get crafted head, belt, rings and 2h hammer. Depending on your shard, you're looking at about 500-800 plat. Then do normal dungeons to gear up for experts or just hop in to experts right away if you have the hit. In experts you'll earn slayers marks which will get you pre-raid gear once upgraded. As you acquire more pieces, get the proper sp or wisdom runes and you'll be running raids in no time.

For essences, torvan and lycini rep are your friends, when u get tired if doing dungeons or did your daily, start the torvan quest line and join great hunt pugs
    Last edited by Chatlagh; 07-01-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Closed Thread