Closed Thread

Thread: Cleric Build

Default Cleric Build

I want to look for opinions before I start my Cleric. I rather do it right the first time, instead of messing something up. What would be the best 3 souls for...

Tank
    Heal (Heals Over Time & AoE Heals)
    AoE DPS (Leveling/Farming)

The ability to solo dungeons, instances, bosses, or whatever there is to solo.

The beauty of Rift is that you can't really mess up. There are 'best' specs, but the differences are pretty small.

Tank spec is simple, the preset build "Seraphic Guard" is the main one we use. There are other specs for utility but this one will give you the most tank stats.

If you want to primarily AoE heal then you want a Warden build, with as many points as possible in that. Early on you'll be able to solo heal dungeons with this, but it gets harder later on without good gear. For solo-healing dungeons you'd need a Sentinel build.

DPS you have a bit more choice. People debate about this regularly. The better the DPS spec is at dealing damage, the more likely you'll die in the fight... so find a balance between damage and survivability. Druid and Defiler are easy specs to deal some average damage ST and AoE, with lots of survivability. Inquisitor will do more ST damage, but is a bit harder to survive. Shaman is the best ST damage, but you'll take a beating. Cabalist has the best AoE, but isn't very suited to leveling without being paired with Defiler. Shaman AoE is very good also. With all of these souls, if you have one tree as Justicar you'll get bonus heals from Salvation as you attack, which can be handy. The more points you put in Justicar, the more HP/Armor/Resist you get as well.

There are guides for all these specs in the guides section of this forum, and the preset builds aren't too bad. But you're best off figuring it out.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Sikph; 06-06-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Helps ALOT, thanks.

Closed Thread