+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 636
Like Tree146Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Inquisitor DPS

  1. #16
    Ascendant lol r u mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Inquisitor needs a nerf

    1. Purge is way too effective for the short cooldown that it has, Necromancer and Dom can only purge one buff at a time, and Dom's is on a longer cooldown

    2. inq dots hit way harder than Warlock, in fact, Warlock is just about useless in pvp, where as Inq is extremely good because the dots actually do damage, and heal

    3. BOJ is instant cast and hits harder than a single fireball, which has a cast time

    4. Vex is instant cast, heals for more than Life leech, and does more damage while not having a cast time

    5. Inq has increased run speed for kiting, something only Stormcaller has, which is a useless soul

    6. Rebuke can be used, reset, then used again. Fulminate requires a full bar of charge and does not stun, so It's pointless to reset it with HW. Inq clearly OP in this regard

    I agree that Inq needs QOL changes, but any buff to It's overall damage would make it way better than other ranged dps souls, forcing all mages to reroll and play Clerics.

    Hi byona

    http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

  2. #17
    Ascendant No_Exit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    5/10 on the troll attempt Screamo. Good effort but none of your points were quite solid enough to fool people.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 04-30-2013 at 08:22 PM.

  3. #18
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Since when is a purge the be all and end all of a pvp spec. If a purge was all you needed to be good in pvp every mage would play archon. Obviously they don't, and obviously it isn't.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  4. #19
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Since when is a purge the be all and end all of a pvp spec. If a purge was all you needed to be good in pvp every mage would play archon. Obviously they don't, and obviously it isn't.
    Shh, hes trying to make a point on how pyros are weaker than inquis.

    Give him a moment.

  5. #20
    Plane Touched Sikarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I totally agree that in order for Inq to stay competitive going into T2 something has to change and I think the 1sec GCD on life spells is an elegant solution.

    Something else I think we could look at, and it's more of a QoL change than anything, is making Unified Theory also affect Soul Drain.

  6. #21
    MiO
    MiO is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Inquisitor needs a nerf

    Tell me again how you're a pvphero.

  7. #22
    Ascendant Byona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolfinna View Post
    But we can't change horses mid-stream. Inquisitor, and the cleric calling as a whole, was balanced around having a 1.5 second GCD. To apply as dramatic a change, even in as limited a scope as you suggest, would mean an awful lot of rebalancing behind the scenes.
    I disagree on this, the only reason i am asking for this now is because we actually need the buff, therefore implementing this 1s GCD will bring us closer to where the other Range souls are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolfinna View Post
    The first thing to worry about is the 50% DPS increase in all instant abilities in other souls. Eruption of Life and Combined Effort are the obvious ones; also, Marrow Harvest suddenly becomes much better; a 58 Inq/18 Cab noticeably increases Inq's 2-8 target damage; and maybe Massive Blow or Lightning Hammer would find their way into a spec.
    "Spark: Reduces the global cooldown of your fire spells to 1 second.

    Something like that could be done for Inquisitor: Reduces the global cooldown of your Life and Death spells to 1 second."

    Implementing the above, means Combined Effort and Massive Blow will not work because they are Physical, and Lightning Hammer will not work because it is Air. As for Eruption of Life i believe it is not a spell so it will also not work, if i am wrong about EoL, it will still be a bad ability in a bad soul that does not give enough +dmg talents for inquisitor, therefore not worth specing into.

    As for the Cabalist hybrid, that would be the only one that will work with this idea due to Life and Death, and that is something many Clerics would love to have, have you seen how many Clerics prefer Inquisitor juggling DoTs spec despite it being inferior to 15 Defiler? Will it make AoE too much? what AoE? just Curse of Solitude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolfinna View Post
    you are basically getting five extra BoRs a minute, which is something like another thousand DPS.
    Which is exactly what i was hoping to get out of this. Tempest is almost 1 thousand above Inquisitor, and Pyro is way above that, probably 2 to 3 thousand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolfinna View Post
    If they were to implement the GCD idea, the best way would be to call out which abilities it affects to keep crazy hybrids from popping up. "Reduces the GCD caused by Vex, Scourge, and Sanction Heretic by 0.5 seconds," for example.
    I would be up for that too, but i was also hoping for Cabalist dots to work with this too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolfinna View Post
    As to Burning Purpose: I hate the fact that this (or any) buff affects some builds so well, and others so poorly. I think the best way to change that is to well, change it. "Reduces the casttime, auttoattack delay, and GCD by 7% on all party or raid members". That seems a lot easier and more consistent than asking "Which classes do how much autoattack damage?" and "How many souls use spells with a casting time longer than or equal to their GCD?" Just my two cents.
    That idea would not work because you suddenly buffed every melee soul by reducing their GCD below 1 seconds. Also Pyro instants become less than 1 second.
    See you all in Wildstar!

  8. #23
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Inquisitor needs a nerf

    1. Purge is way too effective for the short cooldown that it has, Necromancer and Dom can only purge one buff at a time, and Dom's is on a longer cooldown

    2. inq dots hit way harder than Warlock, in fact, Warlock is just about useless in pvp, where as Inq is extremely good because the dots actually do damage, and heal

    3. BOJ is instant cast and hits harder than a single fireball, which has a cast time

    4. Vex is instant cast, heals for more than Life leech, and does more damage while not having a cast time

    5. Inq has increased run speed for kiting, something only Stormcaller has, which is a useless soul

    6. Rebuke can be used, reset, then used again. Fulminate requires a full bar of charge and does not stun, so It's pointless to reset it with HW. Inq clearly OP in this regard

    I agree that Inq needs QOL changes, but any buff to It's overall damage would make it way better than other ranged dps souls, forcing all mages to reroll and play Clerics.

    Hi byona
    Nysyr's doesn't stun. Pyro is OP. Welcome to storm legion
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 05-01-2013 at 06:31 AM.

  9. #24
    MNM
    MNM is offline
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Rebuke can be used, reset, then used again. Fulminate requires a full bar of charge and does not stun, so It's pointless to reset it with HW. Inq clearly OP in this regard
    So to make sure screamo doesn't embarrass himself completely, bring back nysyr's stun.

  10. #25
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Yes, something needs to change, I was primarily a warden in pvp. A RB or 61 Harb stun-locking me can stun lock me from full health to dead, but besides that I was happy with my survivability pre-pyro buff.

    Since the pyro buff warden is unplayable. I'll go from full health to dead in under 5 seconds from a good pyro. When a ranged spec has that much burst it's impossible to play anything squishy without being a free kill. Not only that but TTK seems way down, pvp is more bursty since the patch. One class change shouldn't completely alter how pvp is played in a game like Rift, and if it does it's obviously overpowered.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  11. #26
    Ascendant Pork Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    3: Bump up the damage of CoO significantly to allow Inq to once again have usefull AoE DPS outside of SD.
    Plz plz plz plz plz!

    Manually dotting everything with Vex and Scourge should not be a more effective AoE than an AoE spell.

  12. #27
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Yes, something needs to change, I was primarily a warden in pvp. A RB or 61 Harb stun-locking me can stun lock me from full health to dead, but besides that I was happy with my survivability pre-pyro buff.

    Since the pyro buff warden is unplayable. I'll go from full health to dead in under 5 seconds from a good pyro. When a ranged spec has that much burst it's impossible to play anything squishy without being a free kill. Not only that but TTK seems way down, pvp is more bursty since the patch. One class change shouldn't completely alter how pvp is played in a game like Rift, and if it does it's obviously overpowered.
    Seriously, stop trying to do anything other than AoE healing in warden

  13. #28
    Plane Touched Sikarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    3: Bump up the damage of CoO significantly to allow Inq to once again have usefull AoE DPS outside of SD.
    How about switching the damage type of CoO to Life damage so it will proc Life and Death Concord (once every GCD) and extending it's duration (and damage to compensate) to 10 secs. Combined with my earlier suggestion of allowing Unified Theory to affect Soul Drain this would give us an alternative to just putting Scourge and Vex on everything.

  14. #29
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikarius View Post
    How about switching the damage type of CoO to Life damage so it will proc Life and Death Concord (once every GCD) and extending it's duration (and damage to compensate) to 10 secs. Combined with my earlier suggestion of allowing Unified Theory to affect Soul Drain this would give us an alternative to just putting Scourge and Vex on everything.
    Let's not screw around with the core DPS mechanics just to give Inquisitor more AoE it doesn't need.

  15. #30
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    One of the things I think is missed is that Inquisitor is not the only problem. Some of the sub souls need to bring value to the inquisitor DPS via their abilities - not just their damage bolstering talents.

    I.E.:

    Dark Water needs a MAJOR DAMAGE INCREASE. It's not only bad for Inquisitor, but bad in about every other spec. The DoT damage portion needs to be much more significant.

    Siphon Vitality needs a 20-30% increase in DoT damage. It's too weak even for the supposed soul (support/dps hybrid) it's designed for. Same with Curse of Discord.

    Marrow Harvest needs to be less dependent on the deeper Defiler talents.

    Lightning Hammer has similar issues to Marrow Harvest.

    What I'm trying to say is that including sub-soul abilities shouldn't be a DPS loss or a "wasted" GCD (not a gain). Tempest includes Flamespear in it's rotation, for example, and (not knowing much about mages) isn't Pillaging Stone part of many different Mage rotations to keep some stack rolling that improves their DPS?

    Sub-souls should bring value to the spec, and add DPS with use of the abilities in that soul. I only ever use Bound Fate for AoE filler when I have to move and there are multiple targets to attack... Value should be added to some or all of these abilities increasing the complexity and DPS of Inquisitor as a spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts