+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Another patch, and no buffs to Warden for PvP /yawn

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Soothing stream is useless in PvE too, it's not because of the PvP reduction.

Warden is an AoE healing soul.
    Why have a single target HoT in the soul then?

Yea, SS could use a boost. It doesn't heal enough given you have to maintain 4 stacks, and heals even less with less then 4. Instead of 4x soothing stream healing just over a healing spray it should heal for double.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    There is a difference between being unaware and having to many other tasks on him to address it. His full time job is not to read and respond to the forums and address every issue - though he does an absolutely amazing job of making additional time to do so. I on the other hand can go ask him to re-adjust his priority for the day and modify something.

I hate talking about things that are not close to being ready, but Kervik and Aillion are pretty busy working on brand new souls and other class related features for the future right now.

Daglar
    Creative Director: RIFT
    Daglar

We know and respect the fact that you don't like discussing things that aren't "done" or at least "very far along" but, as your customer base, this is precisely the kind of information that excites us and keeps us optimistic and engaged with the future of Rift. If I may, I'd encourage you to do more of this. Share ideas. Divulge information. Even if something is still a long ways off, fill us in on what's in the works even if the information is vague or abstract.

Without even telling us anything about these new souls, you've given us invaluable information regarding the future of the game we love. Given the amount of doomsaying that goes on within these boards, more of this kind of transparency would be outstanding.

Here's an easy one to start with:

1) During a recent livestream, it was mentioned by a developer that 2.4 and 2.5 are well under way. If that is so, could you share any information, no matter how vague, about, say, 2.4? For example, you could simply say that "2.4 has something coming for PvP" or "A new 20m raid is in the works for 2.4". By making statements such as this, it may seem that you are issuing some sort of commitment but you really are not. We will understand if something that was originally planned for 2.4 gets pushed to 2.5 or a 2.4 hotfix instead. That is often the nature of MMOs and given how many large-scale projects Trion is currently juggling, it's bound to happen. We'll be fine .
    Last edited by Synovia; 03-25-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww View Post
    Any burst heavy pvp situation?
    Sure, clerics can be competent in such situations. Wave of renewal is nice in CQ. I'd still struggle to find an example where a chloro couldn't handle the burst at least as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyquin View Post
    new souls are all cool and good but maybe fix the existing ones that you have first? too many are worthless.. new soul will just be a new FOTM spec and will make some other soul useless.
    Quite right. I have been trying to get them to look at the Druid Soul for the longest time, no action at all.

S/L was released with all FOTM souls with the exception of Defiler, and the next one will be no exeception.

We do not need anymore souls. Fix the ones we have.

Soulwalker

Default awesome sauce

I figured you guys weren't done yet. There is just to much potential within Rift to not continue, and of course the greatest strength of an MMO is it is never fully realized. I just hope not all of the greatest will be placed behind an official expansion.

If I may throw down on this. It would blow my mind if you guys added pistols, wand use (I know just saying again), and fist weapons. It would be great to see a more psyionic type souls. I would love to see how far magitech weapons can go: Laser swords, guns, and staves. Even an new world to explore. Telara has to have neighbors...

I really like the hunting mission introduced in SL and I think that really frees up room interactive quests. More involved quest chains and event triggered quests.

I personally think the mechs were cool, but a bit gimicky and that warrants allot more thought and development. Additional animations and character customizations would also be awesome, but again that is kinda fluffy...

Don't stress guys. Just keep poking them with a stick or apply for a job

Shadowlander

There is a difference between being unaware and having to many other tasks on him to address it. His full time job is not to read and respond to the forums and address every issue - though he does an absolutely amazing job of making additional time to do so. I on the other hand can go ask him to re-adjust his priority for the day and modify something.

I hate talking about things that are not close to being ready, but Kervik and Aillion are pretty busy working on brand new souls and other class related features for the future right now.

Daglar
    I appreciate the goal of new souls and other class related features... but I feel that existing souls and features could use significantly more time in further refinement & polishing.

Storm Legion was hampered from the start from the "Overpromise & Underdeliver" with issues that are still plaguing it.

I suppose it is a catch-22, where if you fall behind in providing additional features, it impairs your ability to retain (and attract) players, but I am concerned that further expanding the scope of development efforts will only further increase the number of 'low priority issues' that cumulatively appears as haphazard game design.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Sure, clerics can be competent in such situations. Wave of renewal is nice in CQ. I'd still struggle to find an example where a chloro couldn't handle the burst at least as well.

Are we talking single target here or aoe?

Chloro has no aoe burst healing?

Most cleric healing specs offer multiple instant single target burst "saves," chloro has one or two?

Chloro has a solid niche in pvp, but it is far far away from making clerics completely obsolete.

Rift Disciple

[...]

Daglar
    2.3 is out and nothing done on cleric.
    -But you'll get a new soul !
    2.4 is out and nothing done on cleric.

In the mean time :
    Rogue adjusted (mostly buffed) numerous times.
    Warrior adjusted (+ 1 soul almost overhauled while they said on 1.x that they will no more make overhauls on souls <_<)
    -Mage addressed on his "fun-ness" and few DPS on the Pyro ?
    -They also get a new soul !

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

Quick up date for you on some changes heading to PTS for the Warden.
    • Reduced the cooldown of Orbs of the Stream and Orbs of the Tide to 30 seconds.
    • Reduced the mana cost of Healing Effusion.
    • Under Pressure now increases damage done with Call of the Depths and Geyser by 20/40/60%.
    • Reduced the cooldown of Ripple to 30 seconds.
    • Reduced the cast time of Overflowing Renewal to 2 seconds.
    • The buff from Dangers of the Deep now also increases the duration of heal over time spells by 1 second per stack.
    • Bosunís Blessing now also increases damage by 10%.

Normal caveats apply that these aren't 100% final and may change before they hit live, but I wanted to put them out on PTS for you all to get a look at them.
    From the PTS today.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Brume View Post
    2.3 is out and nothing done on cleric.
    2.4 is out and nothing done on cleric.

In the mean time :
    Rogue adjusted (mostly buffed) numerous times.
    Warrior adjusted (+ 1 soul almost overhauled while they said on 1.x that they will no more make overhauls on souls <_<)
    -Mage addressed on his "fun-ness" and few DPS on the Pyro ?
    -They also get a new soul !
    Mages are in the ****house along with Clerics.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    From the PTS today.
    Soo ... when is this going live? Those changes seem to be really nice. :D
    Last edited by Fia; 03-27-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Soo ... when is this going live? Those changes seem to be really nice.
    Well, considering that they pushed all the other class changes from the PTS to live this week, I'd assume that these will hit live next week. Provided enough testing and feedback is provided for the devs to muck about with. I have a feeling that it's dps will still not be where they wanted it to be, that's still assuming they want Warden to be 50% of Inq's dps as stated a while back.

If they can achieve that goal, I believe that their vision of the -icar replacement will be realized. It will be up to them to follow through on it tho, and they've been known to ignore vast amounts of feedback and bug reports from testing...so we'll just have to wait and see.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Telaran

Daglar
    Even if these new souls are not to be expected within the next weeks, I'm looking forward to that!
    Anyway... the one new soul in SL was no reason for Trion to give us another role slot... will the second new soul now finally be reason enough for a few more???
    THAT would be nice!

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #120
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyS View Post
    Even if these new souls are not to be expected within the next weeks, I'm looking forward to that!
    Anyway... the one new soul in SL was no reason for Trion to give us another role slot... will the second new soul now finally be reason enough for a few more???
    THAT would be nice!

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast