+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP defiler sent build BURST!!!!

Default PvP defiler sent build BURST!!!!

Just thought i would here my single target healing build i use in PvP

6 Inquisiter 41 defiler 29 sentinel

Build: http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=265

With this build i have been pumping out some crazy single target healing and have great survive ability

BUFFS:

Grief Blight: When talented, Grief blight gives you 20% extra healing when it tacks to 5 stacks (with links on targets, you are nearly always taking damage)

Links: In this spec you have the 20% 10% and 5% links, i tend to put them on other healers or on support, i normally put the highest link on the least geard healer/support.

Armor of Treachery: This buff is great to have on, it increases your Armor and endurance by 3% giving you a little bit more survive ability, and also the other 5 points in inq give you a nice 10% extra spell power.

Healers Blessing: This buff is fantastic, especially with the set bonus crystal, it allows a little bit of healing everytime you cast foul growth, or any other ST healing ability.

Marked By The Light: Allows for a little bit of extra AoE healing whilst casting your ST healing abilities

How to Play:

First you buff up, then you apply the links to other players, the buffs in this spec are very important to your healing output, so make sure if they get purged to re-apply as soon as possible.

Foul Growth, this is your main healing ability, it has a 1.5 second cast time, and applies a delayed healing effect to the target, after 10 seconds it detonates (you can detonate this earlier by using Loathsome Restoration, or Feedback) When detonated it will heal for A LOT.

Whilst casting Fowl growth, if your target is taking a lot of damage you can throw a healers blessing their way or Instantly apply 3 stacks of fowl growth with Explosive growth ( be warned its a HEAVY mana drain if you do) You could also use Touch of light and cast an instant healing invocation. Also you can use Healers Covenant (1min CD) reducing the damage they take by 40%

Throw Siphon vitality, bond of pain and marrow harvest out at the enemy every now and again, because damaging abilities have a chance to apply a stack of Foul growth on one of the targets of your links.

Always remember to keep Hideous Reconstruction up, this is arguably one of the best hots in the game.

If your group is taking a lot of damage i find it very effective to put Explosive growth on the targets taking the most damage and detonate with a feedback.

If you are running out of mana, Empowerd affliction instantly restores 7% of your mana, but be warned, it also reduces your health% by 5% everytime used up to a maximum of 5 stacks (20%)

If you are not being targeted and being allowed to free cast, i find using healing invocation, followed up with a healing breath to be very effective. Healing breath is also talented to do 60% of it's healing to 2 other targets, which is great for some extra AoE. you could also freecast Loathsome restoration for burst healing

If you need to get away quick or closer to your raid Urgency (45 second CD) increases your movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds.

Perks:
    Aoe cleanse, Healers blessing, touch of light, marked by the light, healers covenant, armor of treachery, empowered affliction, urgency and heroic resolve

I'm in full freelancer purples, fully runed with the CQ trinket, so i don't know how this spec will fare with lower geared or higher geared players.

I feel like im missing something else out just tell me if i am, i hope this works for you Have fun!
    Last edited by shortycool; 03-18-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Fairly old build but yeah 40 defiler/sent can pump out some nice ST heals and you have a decent cleanse and a couple CDs. Used it during the double healing bug and could heal for an obscene amount. I still consider that the most versatile defiler build and will go back to it if they ever nerf the defiler 61 point.

If you you are all about the instantaneous heal, you can split that senti and pump some in puri ST passives. But that's even less versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Fairly old build but yeah 40 defiler/sent can pump out some nice ST heals and you have a decent cleanse and a couple CDs. Used it during the double healing bug and could heal for an obscene amount. I still consider that the most versatile defiler build and will go back to it if they ever nerf the defiler 61 point.

If you you are all about the instantaneous heal, you can split that senti and pump some in puri ST passives. But that's even less versatile.
    i have so much fun in this spec dawg! yeah pre-nerf was soooo OP

Telaran

I ran a similar 40def when I was leveling / first got 60.

After trying 61sent and 61def I havent looked back.

The 40def builds all lack "bring someone from 5% hp back to life" buttons, where both 61s offer multiple options that do that.

Plane Touched

@ OP : is it not better to take the 10% SP from sentinel tree? You would get 5% more healing due to gift.
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

I've been messing around with some defiler hybrids myself. I'm using this atm for experts when I need an aoe cleanse.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#U...w/qgHa5iyF30/p

I'm not sure whether I'll stick with it, but warden goes well with defiler too. Still needs some work.

I put shared excess on the tank and I maintain healing spray, soothing stream and hideous reconstruction. It's a little weak on the aoe healing, but loathsome restoration triggering foul growth on the tank is a pretty good aoe heal. My main spam is geyser to keep the shield and proc foul growth.
    Last edited by Mayi; 03-23-2013 at 06:52 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Fixed the link - in pvp you put shared excess on yourself. I'm not sure how I feel about it in pvp though.
    Last edited by Mayi; 03-23-2013 at 07:05 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I've been messing around with some defiler hybrids myself. I'm using this atm for experts when I need an aoe cleanse.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#U...w/qgHa5iyF30/p

I'm not sure whether I'll stick with it, but warden goes well with defiler too. Still needs some work.

I put shared excess on the tank and I maintain healing spray, soothing stream and hideous reconstruction. It's a little weak on the aoe healing, but loathsome restoration triggering foul growth on the tank is a pretty good aoe heal. My main spam is geyser to keep the shield and proc foul growth.
    I used to use a similar build for expert healing before the healing bug fix. It was hilarious, shared excess ended up being the main skill used from Warden because an Explosive Growth on the SE target was a better AoE heal than anything in the Warden tree.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww View Post
    I ran a similar 40def when I was leveling / first got 60.

After trying 61sent and 61def I havent looked back.

The 40def builds all lack "bring someone from 5% hp back to life" buttons, where both 61s offer multiple options that do that.
    that.

You can do nice life saving plus better damage in 61 defiler.
    You can do tremendous healing in sent but with no dps.

With a spec like that, you do nothing of both world in the end. You would gain more live saving/staying and dps by being a full defiler.

I run 6k ST dps (can drop alot though depending on the healing required , this is the max i did) in pve and 10k + aoe in pve expert dungeon WHILE healing it.
    Last edited by darkchicken; 03-26-2013 at 07:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread