+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Cleric Healing souls fun to play?

Soulwalker

Default Sorry all

Realized my post should have been in a seperate thread sorry to all and the OP for taking up space.

Quote Originally Posted by mfrench90 View Post
    Realized my post should have been in a seperate thread sorry to all and the OP for taking up space.
    Heh, fits well enough, stick a link to your thread in here if you want.

Fia

Well, imo:

- Defiler: boring to play in PvP and PvE
    - Sentinel: does what it should, strong ST-heals, lots of CDs
    - Warden: totally useless (and no fun) healing mechanics
    - Purifier: too weak and also useless healing mechanics

Obviously Trion hasn't really tested Cleric souls ... Defiler had a (too) strong burst heal at the cost of (way too) much mana, now it heals less than a sentinel and still costs way too much mana, but has great mobility. Sentinel works, imo, as intended, very strong ST-heals, mobility is not so great though. Warden has a messed up healing mechanic as well as useless skills: No one really stacks up Soothing Stream anymore in PvP, in PvE it's mostly useless, too, it's better to just spam cast Healing Cataract and pop CDs when necessary. Purifier also has useless skills, the ST-heal is bulls***, the shielding mechancs are not thought out well enough, it's a nice try, but that's about it. Hopefully the upcoming patches will bring a change, but I fear not ... :V
    Last edited by Fia; 03-21-2013 at 04:11 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Well, imo:

- Defiler: boring to play in PvP and PvE
    - Sentinel: does what it should, strong ST-heals, lots of CDs
    - Warden: totally useless (and no fun) healing mechanics
    - Purifier: too weak and also useless healing mechanics

Obviously Trion hasn't really tested Cleric souls ... Defiler had a (too) strong burst heal at the cost of (way too) much mana, now it heals less than a sentinel and still costs way too much mana, but has great mobility. Sentinel works, imo, as intended, very strong ST-heals, mobility is not so great though. Warden has a messed up healing mechanic as well as useless skills: No one really stacks up Soothing Stream anymore in PvP, in PvE it's mostly useless, too, it's better to just spam cast Healing Cataract and pop CDs when necessary. Purifier also has useless skills, the ST-heal is bulls***, the shielding mechancs are not thought out well enough, it's a nice try, but that's about it. Hopefully the upcoming patches will bring a change, but I fear not ... :V
    if you find defiler boring you probably aren't playing it right. you should literally be doing something every gcd
    Last edited by fD123; 03-21-2013 at 05:52 AM.
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    if you find defiler boring you probably aren't playing it right. you should literally be doing something every gcd
    Doesnt make it any less boring.

Although i find it more exciting than senti currently, its charm is wearing off.

I put a puri spec back into my rotation (took out warden, it really pained me to do that) and have shield spammed with the best of them.

Even now, i can only see it being useful now that aoe is boosted a bit, and only if there are a plethora of aoe healers around + a decent ST healer. Which, currently is the norm.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    If it's a spec I know how to play, it's Heal-Defiler (and Sentinel). The ones I don't know that much about are Warden and Puri, as I rarely play them (in fact, I'm so fed up and dissapointed in Warden and Puri, I even took those specs out of my roles completely and replaced them with dps roles ... but that's just me)
    Last edited by Fia; 03-21-2013 at 07:30 AM.

People find Defiler boring??

Hint: It is not just a healing soul.

If you find Warden boring then you are not progressing on Crucia or solo-healing General Typhiria :P
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 03-21-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    That's why I wrote HEAL-Defiler. As a dmg-Defiler it's not much different, though, well imo that is. Personally I don't raid much, but what does that have to do with anything? I think the healing mechanics of Warden are not well thought out by Trion, the way the HoTs and other heals are supposed to be applied don't make much sense to me. Basically I could just stand there and wait for Burst-DMG to happen, pop my CDs, and then drink coffee again until the next Burst-DMG phase happens. Inbetween that, there's basically not much to do ...
    Last edited by Fia; 03-21-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    That's why I wrote HEAL-Defiler. As a dmg-Defiler it's not much different, though, well imo that is. Personally I don't raid much, but what does that have to do with anything? I think the healing mechanics of Warden are not well thought out by Trion, the way the HoTs and other heals are supposed to be applied don't make much sense to me.
    That was my point -- playing Defiler as a healer only is missing out on much of the potential of the soul Playing it as primarily DPS will not lower your healing at all if done right.

As for Warden it really is not about the HoTs anymore. Healing Flood is just a buff to increase your healing, and Soothing Stream is a side effect of using Monsoon or something to do when you are bored. But I usually Geyser when I am bored instead.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 03-21-2013 at 08:32 AM.

If you find Warden boring then you are not progressing on Crucia or solo-healing General Typhiria :P
    Pretty small playerbase that fits that criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    Pretty small playerbase that fits that criteria.
    Indeed, but my point was that when it's actually useful to its potential, it's extremely fun.

Fia

That was my point -- playing Defiler as a healer only is missing out on much of the potential of the soul :) Playing it as primarily DPS will not lower your healing at all if done right.
    I agree with that. :) But it's still boring, well imo that is. ^-^

As for Warden it really is not about the HoTs anymore. Healing Flood is just a buff to increase your healing, and Soothing Stream is a side effect of using Monsoon or something to do when you are bored. But I usually Geyser when I am bored instead.
    As for Warden, I agree with you, too, and this way of playing Warden is exactly what makes it so boring.
    Last edited by Fia; 03-21-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I don't find any of them to be particularly fun to play at all now in the post-SL age I had much more fun melee combat healing on my own Senticar variant, not because of 1-button Derp of Loyalty spamming but because I was much more engaged in the fight, I was right up there with the tank and whoever else was meleeing, I too had to dodge mechanics and so on. Kept me entertained instead of standing at the back playing whack-a-mole with HoTs.

These days I prefer to heal on my Mage instead (Clor/Harb ) and DPS on my Cleric. Oh the irony.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Hint: the topic was pvp and pve, not just pve (which you annoyingly always zero in on)

And even then the occasional dps isn't exactly exciting.
    Last edited by Eughe; 03-21-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Hint: the topic was pvp and pve, not just pve (which you annoyingly always zero in on)

And even then the occasional dps isn't exactly exciting.
    Since I don't PvP it would be odd for me to comment too much on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast