Closed Thread

Thread: Defiler Leveling Guide?

Ascendant

Default Defiler Leveling Guide?

Is there one? Or is this a spec that is best used only once one reaches 60?

A guide for leveling Defiler 1-60? No, I haven't seen one.

That is probably mostly because Leveling as Defiler as your main soul revolves around using Beacon of Despair, which you do not get till level 16 or so. And for it to be SUPER effective at leveling, it would need 2/2 in Rampant Growth, which I do not think you get till about 27.

At earlier levels, I would suggest using as your sub souls Cabalist, which gives you access to AoE very early on, and Justicar for the 0 pt Salvation self heals.

Once you have your beacon and Rampant Growth, it would basically come down to

1] Drop beacon

2] Pull groups of enemies to it with SIphon Vitality

2a] If you don't have the talents set that put up Husk of Indifference with healing spells, put it up manually

3]AoE down the group with Tyranny of Death and Bound fate (for early levels if you have Cab sub soul)

4]If your Beacon gets low on HP, proc your Foul Growths on it with either Loathsome Restoration or Feedback (FG builds on the Beacon for every attack made due to Rampant Growth 2/2), which should bring it back up to near full health. Repeat 3+4 as necessary, then return to 1.

At 27 your build will look similar to http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#UgJG982/E8u/r

At that point your big priorities would be picking up Shackles of Fate 2/2 (Cab), Dark Impulses 5/5 (Defiler) and Grim Euphoria 3/3.

Early Macros:

ST

#show Marrow Harvest
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Dark Water
    cast Somatic Desecration

AoE

#show Tyranny of Death
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tyranny of Death
    cast Bound Fate

Make sure to use things like Siphon Vitality, Curse of Discord and Bond of Pain for single target as well, and Curse of Solitude for AoE when you get high enough to pick them up.

When you get high enough in Defiler, you can drop Cab for AOE if you want in favor of things like Unholy Nexus and Pain Transmission from Defiler. You can use Inquisitor too with it for Soul Drain, but I find spamming the Cabalist attacks for AoE helps build Foul Growth procs faster on the Beacon, which can be important depending on how much you pulled.

Prior to level 27 (or even 16), I would recommend something like Druid for leveling with a pet that can heal/tank for you, or combining something with high single-target burst (like Shaman) with self healing from 0 pt Justicar.
    Last edited by LemmingOfEvil; 03-17-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    Experience debt is merely a gauge to show how much Awesome I'm generating.

See pictures...

Defiler Leveling Guide?-untitled.jpg

Defiler Leveling Guide?-picard-facepalm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    I think the OP was asking for something that covers the complete 1-60 journey. Yes, there are guides out there, but the ones I have seen are just those used post 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Defiler leveling - Everything Must Die.
    I am not claiming to be the best cleric or saying this is the best solo spec. I have tried a lot of specs from 50+ but this one blew me away
    Experience debt is merely a gauge to show how much Awesome I'm generating.

Ascendant

Thanks, yes, I was looking into a brand spanking new toon.

Best wishes.

Closed Thread