+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric Suggestion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    this will be the ultimate started spec for warfronts... fantastic! newbies can now spam hots while bunny hopping around and when A.D.D sets in they can bunny hop around spamming dots and water jet.... only now the soul will actually be intended this way. i like this because it will actually lend more towards the playstyle most of them already use!!
    Cause you really get out there and show the other healers how it's done! right?...RIGHT?
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    • The buff from Dangers of the Deep now also increases the duration of heal over time spells by 1 second per stack.
    This seems good on paper, not sure how it will pan out in practice. Extending Soothing Stream for example doesn't buy us a lot since it's front loaded and the tick amount decays quite significantly with every tick.

It also doesn't address the issue of having to cast a Soothing Stream every 15 seconds to maintain our Crystal bonus. Is it possible to change our AOE healing souls Crystal to proc from an AOE heal such as Healing Flood?

The damage boosts are very welcome, however I'm not sure they go far enough. Can yoiu look at extending the duration of Oversaturation? Perhaps doubling it might make it easier to maintain.

Hey all,

Quick up date for you on some changes heading to PTS for the Warden.
    • Reduced the cooldown of Orbs of the Stream and Orbs of the Tide to 30 seconds.
    • Reduced the mana cost of Healing Effusion.
    • Under Pressure now increases damage done with Call of the Depths and Geyser by 20/40/60%.
    • Reduced the cooldown of Ripple to 30 seconds.
    • Reduced the cast time of Overflowing Renewal to 2 seconds.
    • The buff from Dangers of the Deep now also increases the duration of heal over time spells by 1 second per stack.
    • Bosunís Blessing now also increases damage by 10%.

Normal caveats apply that these aren't 100% final and may change before they hit live, but I wanted to put them out on PTS for you all to get a look at them.

*Sploosh*

/10chrs

Hey all,

Quick update for you. In one of the next updates to PTS Soul Drain is being changed to a targeted AOE. This will probably hit live at some point, but we'll see how things go on PTS first.
    Oh god the travel time. The travel time.

Soul Drain takes reaaaaalllllyyyy long to travel. :<

It's around half the speed of bolt of depravity. i.e., get an insta-BoD ready, use soul drain at 35m, then use the insta-BoD. BoD will get to the target a lot earlier than Soul Drain.
    Any way you could make it same speed?
    Last edited by Jonus; 03-26-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks for the warden love kervik, its certainly very welcome, however as Bowler Hat already said, it would be fantastic if we didn't have to cast SS all the time to keep up crystal bonus, please allow us to apply it with HF.

Also, it would be a big quality of life improvement if Dangers of the Deep duration matched up with our DoT's, please up it to 15s.

If you could see your way to these two things I'm sure alot of wardens would be very happy!
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Meh too late to edit, its late and i'm old, DotD is already 15s!! dunno where i got that from.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Meh too late to edit, its late and i'm old, DotD is already 15s!! dunno where i got that from.
    It isn't on live...

Re: how will the durations extend, normally when over-time effects are extended it just increases the damage accordingly. So the healing for the first 15s will be the same as live and the next 5 seconds will continue in the same pattern.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    It isn't on live...

Re: how will the durations extend, normally when over-time effects are extended it just increases the damage accordingly. So the healing for the first 15s will be the same as live and the next 5 seconds will continue in the same pattern.
    How it currently works on PTS:

Every stack increases SS, HS and HF time by one second. A maximum of five seconds can be tacked onto the current 15 seconds of each of the three healing abilities. This is done by spamming those damaging abilities to proc Dangers of the Deep.

Healing output is like it always was. Soothing stream still has the healing reduction over time, however it felt a tad wonky. HS and HF works as described.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    How it currently works on PTS:

Every stack increases SS, HS and HF time by one second. A maximum of five seconds can be tacked onto the current 15 seconds of each of the three healing abilities. This is done by spamming those damaging abilities to proc Dangers of the Deep.

Healing output is like it always was. Soothing stream still has the healing reduction over time, however it felt a tad wonky. HS and HF works as described.
    Does the healing amount increase with a longer duration? If you're healing the same amount over 5 more seconds it's a HPS loss.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Can we get the healing decay on Soothing Stream ticks removed? I don't understand why it exists when the ticks are so mediocre to start with.
    Spence <Legit>

Rift Master

Is there any way Geyser could be set as an AE heal to proc Bosun's Blessing? For some reason I was thinking it was set as a dps ability that procs a heal.. Therefore it cannot proc from a proc. However, casting Geyser procs Mending Breeze(Proc on wand on Single Target heals) which implies that it is classifying Geyser as a single target heal?

But it still gives stacks of dangers of the deep. So it is both a damage ability AND a single target heal?
    Last edited by Nooblet; 03-27-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Todays patch notes

CLERIC

CABALIST
    * Unbounded Oblivion - new ability. Ground targeted version of Unleash Oblivion available at 61 points.

INQUISITOR
    * Soul Drain: Now a targeted AoE ability.

WARDEN
    * Dangers of the Deep: Buff effect now lasts 15 seconds, up from 10.
    Last edited by Justins; 03-27-2013 at 06:53 AM.

[*]Under Pressure now increases damage done with Call of the Depths and Geyser by 20/40/60%
    Shouldn't Waterjet be added to this list? otherwise Geyser > Waterjet, and it will be a redundant weaker ability that does no healing and less dmg. Or just change Waterjet to something else might be better
    Last edited by Byona; 03-27-2013 at 09:15 AM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    Shouldn't Waterjet be added to this list? otherwise Geyser > Waterjet, and it will be a redundant weaker ability that does no healing and less dmg. Or just change Waterjet to something else might be better
    IMO Waterjet should be changed to be like Void Life, a channeled ability that does damage and heals. Either that or change Geyser to that and get rid of Waterjet.

But then again, Waterjet is the 0 point ability...hrm.

I dunno, I just really wanna see Warden get something similar to Void Life.

The Warden upgrades are very welcome. However, I still think the biggest problem with Warden at 60 is that the 4-piece dungeon crystal bonus isn't worth taking. I run Warden a lot, and Soothing Stream is pretty useless these days, and I almost never cast it; basing the 4-piece bonus on that ability seems silly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast