+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Few Questions About Clerics

Default Few Questions About Clerics

Hello I just have some questions i would like to get answered, hopefully i can get these answered soon as possible.

1#. How do clerics do in wfs all levels 10-60? (DPS WISE)
    2# How do we do in pve for dpsing?
    3# What is currently the best aoe grinding build and ST? (I just recently found a guide and was following it then i died :at the tutorial zone lol and i got made and deleted my level 5 cleric yes i know im stupid, but i then realizes the guide is from 2011 and it was neroed thread.

4# This is not really a question but more of opinions, i keep hearing how bad cleric dps is and etc, but yet i see them own it up in pvp also i like to ranged and meele, preferably melee, so is it really true that clerics are not so grate dps?

I'm mostly looking to have fun in pvp and own people and have my own heals, my main is 54 rogue and im getting bored of it not much chocies in soulds hence why i want to roll a cleric, but i heard warrior can reck it up in wf, also looking for fast grind.

I like classes that have good aoe dps or meele and can take on more then one mob, and live and have heals, i don't mind ST but its kinda boring at low levels.

seriously no replies yet? then its trues

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiftNoobie View Post
    You could start by posting your question in the correct forum... this is the Guides section.

Next you could improve your attitude, nobody posting here is paid to help you.

Rift Master

In PvP: they do ok. Mainly due to NR, which some say is OP. But it's a 1 min CD. Other than that, they have pretty low burst so very easy to heal through. Melee dps.... I wouldn't suggest it in PvP atm.

DPS in pve: definitely not the top, but not bad enough that most guilds are dropping them from raid. Next patch should help shaman quite a bit with ST(already does great ae).

Grind spec is grind spec pretty much, I don't know many who use a st and an ae grind spec. You can go the druid/ justi route. Or a defiler build. Look around in the guides section for specifics.

There is definitely better alternatives to clerics for dps, and chloro is better heals in almost every way. That said, they are still useful and provide some unique abilities that are very helpful to the raid.
    Last edited by Nooblet; 01-22-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Rift Master

Also: that was mainly referring to ST dps. Their AE dps is in a pretty good place.

Plane Touched

First: Waiting only 90 min for a reply before complaining of the lack of replies is a bit like complaining that the sun doesn't rise fast enough. Most people do not sit here with their eyes glued to the forums, just waiting for posts to which they can reply. They're too busy doing that with FB and Twitter.

Second: I believe your questions about dps have been addressed by others. If you're looking for a ST leveling build, try a Inquisitor/Defiler build if you prefer casting/ranged dps, and Shaman if you prefer melee dps.
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

1#. How do clerics do in wfs all levels 10-60? (DPS WISE)
    2# How do we do in pve for dpsing?
    3# What is currently the best aoe grinding build and ST? (I just recently found a guide and was following it then i died :at the tutorial zone lol and i got made and deleted my level 5 cleric yes i know im stupid, but i then realizes the guide is from 2011 and it was neroed thread.

4# This is not really a question but more of opinions, i keep hearing how bad cleric dps is and etc, but yet i see them own it up in pvp also i like to ranged and meele, preferably melee, so is it really true that clerics are not so grate dps?
    1# cleric healers are very desirable in PvP. and our burst dps is very high but we aren't the "best" pvp class. lets just say we hold our own

2# our dps is quite good in PvE, especially melee dps (shaman)

3# clerics have many options for leveling builds but the best so far seem to be druid with tank pet and defiler. both these souls have pets that tank for them and can pull large packs of mobs quickly with very little downtime.

also #3 you can change your build any time so if you create a cleric you don't have to delete it if the build isn't good.

#4 don't expect to top the charts but cleric dps is not bottom anymore. If you are skilled and have the correct builds and gear then clerics are definately a force to be reckoned with. You could almost say they are... doing grate!

Plane Walker

In the first few PvP brackets you're going to be struggling. Our burst potential is far less available early on than other classes. The best you'll probably be able to do for burst is a BoD timed to hit when a marrow harvest goes off, and hitting sanction heretic at the same time. And you won't be able to heal very well also due to critical things being deeper.

In the 50+ brackets you'll be fine since that's when you have the major burst abilities such as Nysyr's Rebuke and Deep Freeze(from 41).
    Last edited by Shoggoth1890; 01-22-2013 at 01:39 PM.

First of all I like to apologize for my rudeness about no one posting. Secondly thank you for all the replies and helpful info, ATM I am running Inq/Jus/Sha and it seems to be grate so far and can't wait to get my frist aoe. I'm also going to be trying out the preset build Serapic Guard and see how that goes for me tanking wise, I might also try out one of the preset healing souls and see how that works out for dungeons I never really like to be a healer and was afraid that I may not be good at it. Anyways back on topic I've been looking thought the guide section and almost all the guides are for 50-60 and I could not find one for low levels such as a leveling guide ETC, I watch a video on youtube back in 2011 or 2012 not 100% sure but it was about the shamancar if I spelled it right, basically you could pull a big number of mobs for example 8x and as you damage them you get small heals and when you near dead you use cretin abilities and you basically kill half of the mob if not all and you back at full health, I am wondering if this build still works out and if so maybe someone could give me a link or tell me how i should spec into them or give me another build like that.

ATM I am still using my main build Inq/Jus/Sha, but i would like to have a good druid build with aoes so i might try out Inq/Druid and not sure what would be a good 3rd sub-soul.

P.S Sorry for the big wall of text here and also thanks in advance for any new replies and helpful info.

+ Reply to Thread