+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chimera's Gift

Default Chimera's Gift

Hello! First off, Im a Defiler fanboy, inferior to warden/sent blah blah blah.. Okay onto the subject.

Chimera's Gift, it feels very strange to me. And very out of place. Its a 5min self-buff with a 2min CD, when the Cleric gets a killing blow (Never, because Im busy healing or using the heal debuff to irritate other Clerics)

Needless to say, in the heat of battle m not going to put up CG and try to killsteal for a heal I can do 2-3x the amount of with two GCDs, however, I feel this would be nice to put on another player, say that sneaky Rogue? Or that Badmother Warrior? Or at the least have it be an hour-long self-buff? Just my Two plat.
    Phirus: P80 Cleric @Faeblight
    Retired possibly.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rahlos View Post
    Hello! First off, Im a Defiler fanboy, inferior to warden/sent blah blah blah.. Okay onto the subject.

Chimera's Gift, it feels very strange to me. And very out of place. Its a 5min self-buff with a 2min CD, when the Cleric gets a killing blow (Never, because Im busy healing or using the heal debuff to irritate other Clerics)

Needless to say, in the heat of battle m not going to put up CG and try to killsteal for a heal I can do 2-3x the amount of with two GCDs, however, I feel this would be nice to put on another player, say that sneaky Rogue? Or that Badmother Warrior? Or at the least have it be an hour-long self-buff? Just my Two plat.
    it's wording is unclear. whenever a killing blow is dealt to the cleric, it will heal you for 25% of your HP.
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Rift Disciple

When you take lethal damage it triggers and prevents you from dieing. Unless the overkill damage is greater than 25% of your health. (It still triggers but you die anyhow)

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grocket View Post
    When you take lethal damage it triggers and prevents you from dieing. Unless the overkill damage is greater than 25% of your health. (It still triggers but you die anyhow)
    This is not the case.
    I often had it during wipes on crucia when we failed on a bomb that GC will save me even though it's a lot more then 25% of my health as overkill (however I still die from link damage from others afterwards ).

But I think the main reason for the ability is a bit of a safety net from dying from links. So you have a link on a dps and that dies in a giant AoE that he should have avoided. The link damage could kill you but won't because of GC (aslong as you don't forget to keep it up like me).
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Plane Walker

You may have received the KB from a skill with multiple damage aspects (such as rapid fire shot) or two heavy skills at once (such as a ER/NB combo). The overkill is supposed to disappear into the void as long as it's all one entry in the log.
    Last edited by Shoggoth1890; 01-21-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Oooohhhh... Okay Im dumb.. sorry about that. I guess I'll be using it now. Haha

But I think the main reason for the ability is a bit of a safety net from dying from links. So you have a link on a dps and that dies in a giant AoE that he should have avoided. The link damage could kill you but won't because of GC (aslong as you don't forget to keep it up like me).
    I never find links to do much more then 50 damage, absorbed by my Shields. But I could see it doing that.
    Last edited by Rahlos; 01-21-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    Phirus: P80 Cleric @Faeblight
    Retired possibly.

Plane Walker

Oooohhhh... Okay Im dumb.. sorry about that. I guess I'll be using it now. Haha

I never find links to do much more then 50 damage, absorbed by my Shields. But I could see it doing that.
    Yeah, the amount of damage the defiler takes from links has been reduced pretty drastically.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    This is not the case.
    I often had it during wipes on crucia when we failed on a bomb that GC will save me even though it's a lot more then 25% of my health as overkill (however I still die from link damage from others afterwards ).
    I did not realize it functioned like vigilance!

Plane Walker

I did not realize it functioned like vigilance!
    Even better than vigilance. To me, a vigilance proc that happens before a killing blow is a waste since vigilance heals for so little. I'd rather the 20% and lower possibility just be removed and make it an "on KB only" skill like chimera.

It's better than Vigilance, but worse than Latent Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    It's better than Vigilance, but worse than Latent Blaze.
    Except that you can die with Latent Blaze on you but you can't die with Chimera's Gift (or Vigilance) on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyvilii View Post
    Except that you can die with Latent Blaze on you but you can't die with Chimera's Gift (or Vigilance) on you.
    Wait... is that true? Does Chimera's Gift let you derp to a LoS or something and still keep you alive?

General of Telara

It doesnt make you immune to death if the damage is greater than what it heals. So dont look surprise if you are taking a massive beating and counting on it.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xyvilii View Post
    you can, happened if the damage is too strong, like it dont trigger.

CG definitely prevents you from dying. Before they removed falling damage, I used it as a way to get around the map quickly. You could plummet for miles and walk away.

Then the people following you to the zone event boss who thought it was obviously safe to jump would rain down around you, making satisfying little splatting noises...
    Last edited by DoomSprout; 01-23-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

+ Reply to Thread