+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making other souls viable for 5mans?

Plane Touched

Default Making other souls viable for 5mans?

So after hitting 60, I'm finding that Purifier/Warden are pretty much unviable in Experts, let alone normal 5man dungeons.

Purifier has the nice cooldowns and shielding and such, and Warden has the epic AoE heals, but they both lack the single target healing needed to keep a tank up. Purifier's ST heals are too slow, and Warden's don't heal for enough. (and are also somewhat slow)

The one thing I loved about Rift pre-expansion, was the fact that there were so many different healing builds I could use in dungeons, and they all worked just fine. Whether it be 51-point builds in Puri or Warden, or a mix of those with Sentinel, or the really fun -Icar builds, I just felt like I had lots of different ways to play, when it came to healing.

But now it seems that Sentinel is the only choice, unless the tank is overgeared. (over 45k hp)

Now, I haven't really tried out very many healing builds; but the Purifier/Warden builds I tried were pretty much just "Enough points in Sent to get Enraptured Breath and then the rest in the main tree" builds. They did *work*, but only if the tank was overgeared enough that he didn't take much damage.

I did try a Defiler/Warden build and that seems to work fine for Experts so far. Except for that ******* spider in Unhallowed Boneforge, but I'm convinced that that fight is balanced around having 2 healers.

Try 54puri 22sent and youll see puri dont lack in single heals. you can find it in guide section. In SL we have difernced heal souls. Warden for ae puri for preheal (shieldbot) and sentinel for reaction heal. SL experts are designed for heal + support, but comunity “cheated“ all encounters to solo heal. Doesnt matter if it cleric or mage
    Last edited by Barbucha; 01-21-2013 at 02:00 AM.

61 Puri can solo heal Experts. It's just not easy mode like 61 Sentinel.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Erethzium View Post
    I did try a Defiler/Warden build and that seems to work fine for Experts so far. Except for that ******* spider in Unhallowed Boneforge, but I'm convinced that that fight is balanced around having 2 healers.
    Actually, i've healed Boneforge a few times and Feast of the Fallen keeps your team alive just fine there. Just ask your team to AOE the small spiders down if they aren't already doing it.

With decent gear, you can play almost any spec and pull your weight. The fights are execution based so as long as you and your groups can handle the right mechanics, you'll be fine.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Shield of Telara

I have started playing around with a 40 defiler/36warden to test it for some raid content and was very surprised at how good it is in Experts.

It is not as strong a tank healer (obviously) as 61 sent is but it is much, much stronger at the raid healing. It is a good utility spec for encounters where the damage on the raid is heavy but a 61 warden is not good enough for the damage on the tank.

we have pretty good variety available and viable in the heal realm for Clerics (if only our DPS was as good).
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Barbucha View Post
    Try 54puri 22sent and youll see puri dont lack in single heals. you can find it in guide section.
    I tried 51Puri/rest Sent build, and again, it only worked if the tank was overgeared and not taking much damage, to be able to keep up with Ward of Fire's slow cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethax View Post
    Actually, i've healed Boneforge a few times and Feast of the Fallen keeps your team alive just fine there. Just ask your team to AOE the small spiders down if they aren't already doing it.
    My Defiler spec is 40Def/36Ward, it doesn't have Feast of the Fallen. That and, I'm not really wanting to spec into it just for one fight, when I could just switch to Sent like I should. Even then, if I get webbed it's pretty much a wipe because I can't heal while webbed of course. Perhaps Warden...

Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    With decent gear, you can play almost any spec and pull your weight. The fights are execution based so as long as you and your groups can handle the right mechanics, you'll be fine.
    That's kinda what I'm saying though: The other specs aren't viable until either you or the tank overgear the content.

So after hitting 60, I'm finding that Purifier/Warden are pretty much unviable in Experts, let alone normal 5man dungeons.

Purifier has the nice cooldowns and shielding and such, and Warden has the epic AoE heals, but they both lack the single target healing needed to keep a tank up. Purifier's ST heals are too slow, and Warden's don't heal for enough. (and are also somewhat slow)

The one thing I loved about Rift pre-expansion, was the fact that there were so many different healing builds I could use in dungeons, and they all worked just fine. Whether it be 51-point builds in Puri or Warden, or a mix of those with Sentinel, or the really fun -Icar builds, I just felt like I had lots of different ways to play, when it came to healing.

But now it seems that Sentinel is the only choice, unless the tank is overgeared. (over 45k hp)

Now, I haven't really tried out very many healing builds; but the Purifier/Warden builds I tried were pretty much just "Enough points in Sent to get Enraptured Breath and then the rest in the main tree" builds. They did *work*, but only if the tank was overgeared enough that he didn't take much damage.

You can heal every dungeon with any healing soul by yourself. It's not optimal, but it is doable.

This isn't any different than Pre-SL. There where a lot of specs that preformed far better in raids then they did in dungeons and others that preformed better in dungeons than they did in raids.

Frankly we're far better off healing wise than we ever have been.

Are there things that could be addressed healing wise? Yes. But this game isn't balanced around dungeons or Instant adventures (LOL), it's balanced around Raiding; because that's whats supposed to be what tests each souls maximum potential for what it was designed for. IE Warden raid healing, Sentinel/Defiler Tank healing, Puri support(?). You have 6 soul slots for a reason.
    4/4 Frozen Tempest, 5/5 Endless Eclipse

That's kinda what I'm saying though: The other specs aren't viable until either you or the tank overgear the content.
    You can do 61 Purifier with only Normal Dungeon gear. That's what I did pre-dungeon nerfs. (When I first started doing Experts, I hadn't tried Sentinel yet. I was a Purifier main in pre-1.11 so I continued to do that in SL until I tried Sent. It's definitely possible, just harder.)

+ Reply to Thread