+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Healing Questions

Ascendant

Default Cleric Healing Questions

After SL release, i switched from mainly healing to nearly always tanking/dps just due to how badly i felt puri was gimped. That was due to just a lack of understanding on my part on how the soul is supposed to operate and while i feel there is a lot of rubbish in the puri tree, i can get by in 5 man experts using the 54/22 puri/sent. I sit at around 4k Spellpower in this build and my biggest issue is with keeping the party topped off with only HF at my disposal while HB on cooldown. Is there somthing i am missing as far as aoe healing in this spec or do i just grin a bare it. i feel like a lot of fights are ended with some party members sitting at 50% or lower and it really irks me that i don't have them topped off the entire time. With Latent Blaze, Healer's Covenant, and Spirit Conflag the tank is not really an issue but if these are on cooldown im just spamming healing flare on the tank while the party suffers. Do you all have this same issue? Obviously a non-fail group that can avoid the bad will help more than anything but i still feel limited. Any advice on that is greatly appreciated.

Also as far as Critpower and Spellpower are concerned, right now i am stacked with around 470 CP. From what i have read this is the way i should be going as far dps is concerned. My sigil alone is at ~150 CP with only 1 lesser with SP.

Should i have a designated healing sigil with spellpower stacked or is CP still more beneficial to me?

I have 2 neck pieces with nearly equivalent base stats but one with CP and the other with SP. Should i prioritize all healing gear for SP?

1) group have to be smart enough to avoid group dmg.
    my spam macro
    Cast @group01 symbol of the sun
    Cast @group02...05 the same as above, you can use it for 01-10 for 10man raid, keeps raid shielded and still warding tank. For 20man this isnt ideal, you need about 7gcd to shield whole raid, so you have choose priority.
    Cast ward of fire
    This will much helps you to keep group shielded. To top players use HB/HF nothing is perfect and puri just missing ae heal.

2) sp/cp issue. i was running 5k sp 0cp to 4,2k sp 600cp as i tunning my dps gear and i dont realy see / feel any issue to not handle any encounter in experts. Also using puri stone (4/4 set bonus).

Imho for puri is waste of time to build sp sigil. Simple idea if sentinel crits (direct heal) its mostly overheal, if puri crits (shield) it just pop bigger buffer (higher efective hps). Atm i running puri with aprox 4.4k sp 400cp. And imo for sentinel is sp what are we looking for.

Trinkets in expets are crap, i tested 2 of them and it grants about 40-80hps, tested in totdq. Better is still CQ trinket or upgraded CQ trinket.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Barbucha View Post
    1)

Trinkets in expets are crap, i tested 2 of them and it grants about 40-80hps, tested in totdq. Better is still CQ trinket or upgraded CQ trinket.
    Isn't the upgraded Conquest trinket with an "PVP only" proc? That won't help in experts or raids or am I wrong?
    Maybe the old Eth-trinket would be better then because it procs very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado1 View Post
    Isn't the upgraded Conquest trinket with an "PVP only" proc? That won't help in experts or raids or am I wrong?
    Maybe the old Eth-trinket would be better then because it procs very often.
    2 things. It is upgraded stats. And while it says it is PvP only, it isn't. Or at least, wasn't a couple weeks back. Might be ninja fixed.
    Yes, I raid in pink, what of it?
    FT: 4/4 :: EE:4/5
    Not copying strats since 2011

I think they must have changed this recently cos if you alt click it to look at the upgraded version it no longer says anything about pvp only....am only half way to that final upgrade so can't tell yet if it says it on the actual trinket once finished though.
    Last edited by kiralia; 01-21-2013 at 06:16 AM.

pvp requirement was removed recently. Trinket works in pve very nicely.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

+ Reply to Thread