+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing setup for Kain

Telaran

Default Healing setup for Kain

Need some advice for heal setup on Kain - damage on tanks seems high

We using:

2 chloro tank heal
    1 puri (shielding zombies so they dont have to eat)
    1 warden

Our dps is an issue so we tried with and without defiler.

Any advice would be appreciated:

Also what are people using as defiler specs in raids when they want the defiler to do decent dps also?

thx

Rift Disciple

61/11/4

You could keep your links and make a 58 defiler build, but I cant imagine 4 points into any soul being worth losing the best healing CD in the game.

I think we use a defiler, warden, and chloro to heal.. maybe 2 chloro's, I cant remember.

Oh, If blood's arent dying quick enough, a targetexact (blood-whatever-they're-called) macro may help your people with switching.
    Last edited by Grocket; 01-20-2013 at 02:21 PM.

We are using 2 wardens, 1 chloro ST, 1 chlorobringer, 1 purifier and 1 dps defiler.

Best DPS defiler spec with 30% link is : http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#E8g/UkllaAyEBh0/n8s (can trade two from corporal punishment for pursuit of truth)
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

I believe we use 2 tank healing chloros, 1 warden, 1 defiler, 1 puri. Positioning is important so you're not taking excessive aoe damage with the pulsing poo.

Shadowlander

You don't have to use a Puri or Defiler to take down Kain. We use 2 Chloros (1 on each tank), 1 Sent, 1 Warden, and 1 Bard that uses a hybird Bard/Tact spec to heal this fight. All of the healers, including the bard, had over 10k hps for this fight when we took him down last night.

Does everyone love overhealing fights these days?

I dunno - we use 1 defiler 1 puri and 1 lgv chloro and our tanks are fairly undergeared.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    Does everyone love overhealing fights these days?

I dunno - we use 1 defiler 1 puri and 1 lgv chloro and our tanks are fairly undergeared.
    I guess it depends on your approach. We go with enough DPS to get the job done. In progression we tend to have more healing than we end up with by the time it is on farm to allow us to see mechanics. Once you start to hit enrage timers to tune back on the healing. Once you have the kill you don't tend to mess with raid composition until much later.

So heavy healing likely very common if everyone takes the similar approach of overhealing while learning until forced by enrage timers to add dps.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Soulwalker

We killed it with 2 Chloros (Both synth'd a tank during phase one, then one switches to aoe in kain phase... I think), sentinel, and warden.

Edit: What Aubieone said.
    Last edited by Minnerx; 01-21-2013 at 01:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread