+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaman synergy crystal and AOE

Rift Chaser

Default Shaman synergy crystal and AOE

Hi, should I be trying to keep lightning hammer up for the crystal bonus when AOEing as a shaman or is it a dps loss? What does the crystal bonus mean? 25 more damage for 15 seconds? Seems kind of eh...

Love shaman and can't wait for the upcoming changes. Can you push them out to live this coming week Kervik?

Plane Walker

No you should not use Lightning hammer in AoE. The crystal applies a debuff on 1 target, but even in single target it's pretty useless :P

Also the Shaman changed will be included in the next big update 2.2. Not sure when that is though.
    Last edited by Whaitiing; 01-19-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Rift Chaser

Thanks for the tip on LH. I was not sure if it buffed me or debuffed the target.

I believe Kervik said that they were not planning to wait for 2.2 to roll out the class changes.

Rift Chaser

Actually I was wrong. It was Daglar that said it but I don't know if he means the class changes already pushed to PTS or just the double damage/healing ones.

Originally Posted by Daglar
    These are very early notes. The primary reason that this was published to PTS was to beat on the fixes for the "double dipping problem" that was affecting a number of callings.The changes to those callings if everything checks out are not going to wait until 2.2 to be put live.DaglarLead Game Designer: Rift
    Last edited by Yirk; 01-19-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Actually I was wrong. It was Daglar that said it but I don't know if he means the class changes already pushed to PTS or just the double damage/healing ones.
    I read it as the double dipping (and subsequent readjustment of damage/healing values).

Rift Chaser

You are probably right. Quite a few of the damage changes to other callings are in response to double dipping though so we may see some but not all sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Yirk; 01-19-2013 at 11:47 AM.

The Shaman's Frozen Wrath currently benefits from the double-dipping bug on AoE. So when the bug is fixed, we can say goodbye to our beautiful AoE. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    The Shaman's Frozen Wrath currently benefits from the double-dipping bug on AoE. So when the bug is fixed, we can say goodbye to our beautiful AoE. =(
    Shaman AoE on the PTS (where this bug is now fixed) is still above a lot of the other single target dps souls, it's just not ridiculous and broken. Shaman doing more AoE dps than our AoE dps soul is pretty silly.
    Oriyo@Laethys
    No Quarter #1 NA

+ Reply to Thread