+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I ready to start tanking experts?

Default Am I ready to start tanking experts?

I dont want to talk in and get 3 shot by a trash mob. Here is my stats all self buffed:

HP: 34,930
    Armor: 54,108
    Toughness: 350
    Hit: 357
    Block 1788
    Parry 1282
    Dodge: 735
    All resists 1722+

I'm not sure if I am scared to enter experts as tank or what. I have been tanking in MMOs for over 4 years, but theres something about Rift tanking that makes me uneasy. Am I good with those stats? What should I aim to improve. Most tanks have 40k+ hp when i do experts as DPS. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    There is 3 kinds of people in the world: Those who can count and those who can't.

Sounds good to me. I forget what the tough min is for experts though. You need to get that. Otherwise I have successfully healed plenty of tanks with similar stats in experts. First room in EC is kinda sucky though, be sure to blow your CDs and maybe wait for them to come off CD before each pull if needed.

minimum toughness is 300, im fine with that, but i feel like my hp is too low. Most tanks I see have 40k+ and idk how to get that high.
    There is 3 kinds of people in the world: Those who can count and those who can't.

Plane Walker

Your HP does seem kind of low for that amount of armor. Are you using the standard 61 Justicar/6 Shaman/6 Inquisitor? And are you using an updated tank sigil? And is your gear runed?

Well tried my first expert. Wiped 3x on the first boss in tower of the shattered. Got told to get more hp. Really depressing. I've never had a issue with tanking in any game like I do with Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer View Post
    Well tried my first expert. Wiped 3x on the first boss in tower of the shattered. Got told to get more hp. Really depressing. I've never had a issue with tanking in any game like I do with Rift.
    Are you sure you're using Mein of Leadership?

#1 your hp is fine to tank with just be warned your damage taken will be Spikey.
    #2 other stat are fine

To get more HP you need to farm torvan and lycini rep, 4/6 of your sigil are vendor bought the 6th being a great hunt rift drop the other drops from death raid rift.

Get your seal crafted with stellar rugged augment and helm, belt, rings too should put you at around 47k self buffed give or take... If you need more then use pots scrolls and renewing seeds too but your stats are fine just derpy healers who don't know how to use more than 1 button.

Assuming you're using the inq build for tanking and not the puri for more mitigation then buffs should always be reapplied... I'm not sure but Mein of Leadership seems to bug out for me on occasion and doesn't correctly reapply...
    Guild Master/ founder of <Coral> @ Icewatch
    Founder of Paradoxical
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 4/5 EE
    Guild Site
    guild no longer active!

Are you using tank essences on your source machine/sigil? If you're not, that's going to cost you a lot of HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Are you using tank essences on your source machine/sigil? If you're not, that's going to cost you a lot of HP.
    I bought tanking essences from a npc vendor in TB. lvl 60 versions with block.

I dont want to talk in and get 3 shot by a trash mob. Here is my stats all self buffed:

HP: 34,930
    Armor: 54,108
    Toughness: 350
    Hit: 357
    Block 1788
    Parry 1282
    Dodge: 735
    All resists 1722+

I'm not sure if I am scared to enter experts as tank or what. I have been tanking in MMOs for over 4 years, but theres something about Rift tanking that makes me uneasy. Am I good with those stats? What should I aim to improve. Most tanks have 40k+ hp when i do experts as DPS. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    You are more than ready to start tanking. I started as soon as I could hit 300 toughness and I only had 32k health. You should be more than fine.

If you don't feel comfortable, bring a healer friend who feel comfortable with and a support. Overhealing it with a support and a healer should get you through most anything.
    --------------------------

Rift Disciple

Default lern to <3 it...

Auroral Resolute rune x3 = almost 100 stam increase

+ Reply to Thread