+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Scourge

Thread: Experts...healing difficulty?

Plane Touched

Default Experts...healing difficulty?

So I'm close to hitting 60 and was wondering how hard Experts are, when it comes to healing? Right now healing is rather...very easy, with a Sent/Puri build. And I remember back in patch...1.4 or 1.5, I don't know, August of 2011, I hit level 50 and jumped right into Experts and they were somewhat easy to heal. Not super easy, but not exactly hard either.

How hard are level 60 experts? Right now I'm focusing on running Empyrean Core and Tower, to get as much level 60 gear as possible from them. I'm already at ~2900 Spell Power from the gear I'm wearing now.

Hardest thing about healing experts is people not doing mechanics properly. Aside from some trash pulls, if everymechanic was done properly, you could feasibly heal experts in hybrid specs. That being said, you need a versatile spec that can handle spike damage, has high HPS, and quick reactive healing for people who like to stand in the fire. The most effective spec to heal experts is 61 sent/15 puri. Some people prefer 55 Puri/21 Sent, but the healing is more fickle in my experience. Don't be afraid to ask for some support on your first runs through experts, but you could probably solo heal experts with 2900 SP, provided you were familiar with the spec and the tank wasn't undergeared. They are very easy to solo above 3200 SP.
    Last edited by Scourge; 01-18-2013 at 12:55 AM.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Plane Touched

Yeah, 61 Sent is really easy for me to play, and even works if the tank is a noob and wearing half DPS gear with 32k HP. Solo healing has never been an issue so far with Sentinel.

With the level 60 gear pieces I've gotten so far, I can easily push over 3000 SP once I hit 60.

Soulwalker

I use 61 sent/puri/inq. I suggest joining a couple of storm legion experts as dmg or support to learn/observe the mechanics of the SL boss fights, which is probably the hardest part. Know the mechanics & you'll be golden. Good luck.
    Last edited by SantoNino; 01-18-2013 at 11:25 AM.

I went 61 Sent / 15 Warden because I like the AoE heals involved. It took me a few runs to get comfortable. Now I only panic on the third boss of Storm Queen... unless I have a Bard.
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Telaran

61 sent 15 puri is the better spec, between Marked by the Light and Healing Breath it should be able to cover all your group healing needs for experts.

If your current items are blue or worse you might need support but as soon as you have epic items you shouldnt have a problem healing any of the dungeons on your own. The crafted epics are cheap to craft, its the augments that costs. If your funding is low i suggest craft them with inferior augments and re-craft them later when you can afford the more expensive augments.

#show Healing Breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Healing Breath
    cast @mouseover Healing Flare

Use this macro for spot healing the group let Marked by the Light do the rest for you.

How does 55 sent/24 puri compare to 61 sent/15 puri? I haven't healed an expert yet (too scared!), but I was thinking Sign of Daring and Symbol of the Hearth might edge out Faith Rewarded and Light of Redemption.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelya99 View Post
    How does 55 sent/24 puri compare to 61 sent/15 puri? I haven't healed an expert yet (too scared!), but I was thinking Sign of Daring and Symbol of the Hearth might edge out Faith Rewarded and Light of Redemption.
    Well for starters, 55sent/24puri woudl be spending too many points lol that being said, symbol of the hearth is generally a pretty pointless skill. the shileding is too weak to ammount to much of anything, and faith renewed and light of redemption are both extremely nice skills to have. If you did want to go a little deeper into puri, i would either stop at latent blaze (flashover+latentblaze is just amazing) or go alot deeper more along the lines of 54puri/xxx

I use sent/4 puri/11 warden.

i like tidal surge alot. i also like layering healing flood with sent's aoe heal. I use this build for pvp as well. I prefer healing flood over the aoe sentinel ward because its 3 freaking seconds and that drives me nuts.

one of the other poster uses inq.. why? never seen inq in a healing spec before, so i was curious,

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jennytwotone View Post

i like tidal surge alot. i also like layering healing flood with sent's aoe heal. I use this build for pvp as well. I prefer healing flood over the aoe sentinel ward because its 3 freaking seconds and that drives me nuts.

one of the other poster uses inq.. why? never seen inq in a healing spec before, so i was curious,
    The SP bonus in Inq (its only 2-3 points normally) is nice. It outweighs the loss by not spending those 2-3 points in a healing tree.

Quote Originally Posted by PopeOrGod View Post
    Well for starters, 55sent/24puri woudl be spending too many points lol...
    That's what I get for posting while I'm at work (and for being a derp at math)! With that said, I think I'll have to give 61 sent/15 puri a shot, thanks for the input!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by jennytwotone View Post

I put 5 points into Inquisitor for the 5% spell power increase only. My 61sent/10 puri/5inq has 3300-3500 spell power.

Plane Touched

Using 61sent/15Puri is working out fine so far. Though I'm finding a lot of tanks to be taking tons of damage. I might try out that "Burst Linker" build, if only for Defiler's damage reduction to the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Erethzium View Post
    Using 61sent/15Puri is working out fine so far. Though I'm finding a lot of tanks to be taking tons of damage. I might try out that "Burst Linker" build, if only for Defiler's damage reduction to the tank.
    Don't rely on that Defiler spec because it's fixed in 2.2. I would stick with the 61 Sent / 15 Puri spec.

I'm a new 60; haven't healed experts yet because I'm still having trouble healing normals without support....61 sent and I have been splitting my other points between puri and Warden (Puri for the wis. buff, Warden for a bit more AOE healing). I'd love some guesses as to what I'm doing wrong. I've got two epics (the neckpiece from the Qaijiri quests and epic pants from the 60 solo chronicle), several blues, and a couple greens...admittedly my greens are probably lvl 57 crap and some of my blues might be 58-ish...I'm not sure if my gear sucks, my healing tactics suck, or my groups suck. Having trouble getting spells off before people die, marked by the light isn't working because I can't get people within 20 meters of me to save their lives (literally) even on fights when they don't need to spread out, and healing breath isn't up enough for the damage my groups are taking (which is why I threw points in Warden, so the instant aoe from Sent might be a little more than nothing). And on a side-note rant, I hate players who think "I'm dying" means "run as far away from the healer as possible".

So sorry for the long post but my question is this: It seems like, from what I've read on these forums and from attitudes of support I've had in groups in-game, I shouldn't be having problems, but I am. I'm going to try 15 puri when I get a chance to play next, but what spells should I be using and when? I thought I knew what I was doing but it seems like I should be better.

Thanks for any help,
    Ylia

+ Reply to Thread