+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I play Druid. Please don't Guild-kick me!

Soulwalker

Default I play Druid. Please don't Guild-kick me!

I have played druid since rift came to America. I love the class. I love the improvements Trion has made in the last year or so to Druids. However, there are a few problems left that I need Trion to address.

#1 The 0 point fairy.
    The zero point healing fairy is a HUGE problem. The problem stems from the fact that it is level capped at 27. Why is it level capped? I have no idea, but itís a problem. Warden 0 point ability is a 5500 heal over time, purifier is a 5500 shield, sentinel is a 5000 hp instant heal with a 10 second cool down. All of these average out to somewhere around 500 hps. The 0 point druid fairy does 47 hps. So it is a useless waste in any soul combination, but that's the good news. I used the zero point fairy raiding last night. Itís cute and fun for role-playing. After I wiped the raid twice, however, it was no longer cute. Turns out a lvl 27 pet has a huge ago radius and the boss mob ran over and killed her for fun then ate the rest of us too for spite. I was embarrassed, of course, but I am also pissed at Trion. They have made the zero point ability of the druid tree more than useless, it is a liability. The fix is easy. Allow the puny fairy to level up to 60 and give it enough healing to do, oh, about 500 hps, in line with every other tree's 0 point ability. Thank you.

#2 DPS is better than in the past but not stellar. I'm mostly expert dungeon purple geared and doing about 6500 dps. Not bad, but not super either. The bad part, though, is that the dps doesnít seem to improve with use of all the spells and talents that come with going 61 points in the tree. The upper tier druid abilities aren't any more impressive than the lower tier ones. If possible, Trion, please make the upper level druid abilities and talents do more damage.

#3 [Subtlety] does not improve pet healing, only pet damage. Please fix the pet abilities so they benefit all the pets.

#4 [Spirit of Upheaval] and [Spirit of Asphodel] do not improve pet healing, only damage. Please fix the pet abilities so they benefit all the pets.

#5 The greater healing pet does not do enough healing either of single targets or groups. Mine averages about 1000 - 1500 hps in expert dungeons. With her out My dps averages 2500. (down from 6500). Huge loss in dps for a tiny gain in heals. I do not understand why Trion has always been so resistant to letting the healing pets heal well. Please increase the pet's healing, perhaps through the buff fixes noted in #3 and #4.

Again, Trion, I love the druid and appreciate the changes you made to the class. Please tweak it a little more. Rift is great. Thanks.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Healor View Post
    #1 The 0 point fairy.
    is only to be used until you get to level 28 and get the greater healing fairy.

#2 DPS is better than in the past but not stellar.
    61druid isn't that far behind inq/shaman, 6500 is really low for being expert geared.
    not touching on everything, but comments in red.

Plane Walker

Sounds like the issue is more with you than with the Druid. If you're only doing 6500 DPS in purple expert gear then you're doing something horribly wrong, even as a Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    Sounds like the issue is more with you than with the Druid. If you're only doing 6500 DPS in purple expert gear then you're doing something horribly wrong, even as a Druid.
    He's using the fairy so its plausible.

I do agree with the greater fairy thing. CE, subtlety and the two damage pet buffs (and I think a few more passives) does not affect the fairy heals at all. When it should in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    He's using the fairy so its plausible.
    Using the fairy and complaining about DPS is like complaining that defiler DPS isn't as good as inquisitor

Trion developers have already stated that not every soul is meant to be best at all content. Druid is not intended to keep up with inquisitor dps in raids because it has much more survivability in open world content...

Soulwalker

I made an error complaining about dps. It was really never my issue, just a side thought. Please ignore it if the rest of you are happy with your druids dps. Please focus on the healing issues and pet issues. Thank you.

The OP does have a good point about it being a cruddy 0 point ability. It should scale to level, but not be as powerful as a greater faerie of the same level.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    The OP does have a good point about it being a cruddy 0 point ability. It should scale to level, but not be as powerful as a greater faerie of the same level.
    then they would have to do that for all pet specs. which would make them mandatory in dps builds. there's a reason it's the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    then they would have to do that for all pet specs. which would make them mandatory in dps builds. there's a reason it's the way it is
    I don't see a problem with that. Managing a pet adds another layer of skill to the game. A lot of games now have pets by default for all classes.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by fD123 View Post
    then they would have to do that for all pet specs. which would make them mandatory in dps builds. Thereís a reason it's the way it is
    Applying similar stature between 0 point-abilities and 0 point-pets would simply make builds with 0 point-pets POSSIBLE, but by no means mandatory.

Plane Walker

It wouldn't make them mandatory if they were done right. They should be same level as you regardless of how deep you spec, and be just as much of a boon as any other 0pt ability. We can probably all agree that at least they should not be a liability.

Let's also not forget to mention hybrid specs. It would make sense that the more you spec into a pet class the better the pet becomes. While the pets indeed do become better due to gifts, the forced pet gate suddenly nullifies the gift once you pass a certain level unless you spec deep enough for the greaters.

Plane Walker

Keep in mind gifts and talents are what make pets strong. Just because someone has a greater faerie doesn't mean it's as strong as a full druid's greater faerie. I've seen too many people make this mistake in reasoning.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Healor View Post
    I have played druid since rift came to America. I love the class. I love the improvements Trion has made in the last year or so to Druids. However, there are a few problems left that I need Trion to address.

#1 The 0 point fairy.
    The zero point healing fairy is a HUGE problem. The problem stems from the fact that it is level capped at 27. Why is it level capped? I have no idea, but it’s a problem. Warden 0 point ability is a 5500 heal over time, purifier is a 5500 shield, sentinel is a 5000 hp instant heal with a 10 second cool down. All of these average out to somewhere around 500 hps. The 0 point druid fairy does 47 hps. So it is a useless waste in any soul combination, but that's the good news. I used the zero point fairy raiding last night. It’s cute and fun for role-playing. After I wiped the raid twice, however, it was no longer cute. Turns out a lvl 27 pet has a huge ago radius and the boss mob ran over and killed her for fun then ate the rest of us too for spite. I was embarrassed, of course, but I am also pissed at Trion. They have made the zero point ability of the druid tree more than useless, it is a liability. The fix is easy. Allow the puny fairy to level up to 60 and give it enough healing to do, oh, about 500 hps, in line with every other tree's 0 point ability. Thank you.
    It isn't a healing soul, so the pet (which doesn't take any user effort) shouldn't heal as much as a healing soul ability the user has to think about and decide when to use.
    Last edited by Reticularize; 01-17-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    \

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    OP has no point in regards to that. Look at my above post and it will make sense (hopefully).
    Last edited by Reticularize; 01-17-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    \

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast