+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So let's talk Blessings

Default So let's talk Blessings

I've been wavering between my choices as a healer as of late, and I cannot seem to decide which of the clerics blessing I prefer.

Cargiver's Blessing is nice, because it usually last through my GCD (if not more) which allows me to set up another instant-cast.

While Healer's Blessing gives my heals extra power.

Both appeal, but I can't have both, so I have to chose one. At the moment, I'm going with the Caregiver's, but I can't help feeling the other one will come into its own sooner or later.

My spec only takes me up to the two blessing, while the rest goes in Warden, so it's quite hard to decide.

What do you guys prefer, and why?

Is there any Blessing that's clearly better in the PvE end-game?

I am not that great at healing as I primarily DPS, but if your shield isn't going down before its re applied why would you change it. Also do either of those stack with Bozens Blessing are can 2 of the blessings be active at the same time. I don't think they can, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Abealri View Post
    I am not that great at healing as I primarily DPS, but if your shield isn't going down before its re applied why would you change it. Also do either of those stack with Bozens Blessing are can 2 of the blessings be active at the same time. I don't think they can, but I could be wrong.
    They do not but I'm assuming he's not going 61 warden for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    They do not but I'm assuming he's not going 61 warden for some reason.
    I thought the only warden worth having was a 61, am I mistaking?

I thought the only warden worth having was a 61, am I mistaking?
    For raiding yes, for easier content the top level cooldowns aren't necessarily needed

So is Ahovs warden guide the way to go on Warden?
    Abadfish@Deepwood <Philanthropy> 4/4TDQ 3/4 FT 2/5 EE Cleric DPS 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 Justicar
    Blame me it is always my fault, I don't know how but I am sure it is just the same.
    Check out my Twitch TV page, I will be streaming when ever I am logged in. www.twitch.tv/abealri

So is Ahovs warden guide the way to go on Warden?
    It's pretty good, covers all the basics, warden is mostly about keeping up Danger's of the Deep and Invigoration to buff your healing when you get the free GCDs, and using cooldowns appropriately, to both prepare for damage and react to it.

Plane Walker

I go with healers due to the fact that the target will lose the shield due to a timer if not getting hit whereas the amount healed will stay there if not getting hit. Makes it more useful for spot healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    I go with healers due to the fact that the target will lose the shield due to a timer if not getting hit whereas the amount healed will stay there if not getting hit. Makes it more useful for spot healing.
    On the other hand if your heal fully heals the target, healer's blessing will be wasted, but Caregiver's will always give a benefit. Both have their uses, but they aren't generally very useful for Warden because they only work on ST heals.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-17-2013 at 03:08 PM.

I nearly always prefer a shield to a heal. Your heal is often going to go to waste, whereas your shield will always prevent incoming damage.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    On the other hand if your heal fully heals the target, healer's blessing will be wasted, but Caregiver's will always give a benefit. Both have their uses, but they aren't generally very useful for Warden because they only work on ST heals.
    Always a benefit as long as the previous one was consumed and the person receiving it is going to get it consumed before it expires. Both have their ideal situations of course. The lower time to heal someone who ran through poo was what was important to me, since the more GCDs spent on a non-tank the riskier you're playing. And if they're still standing in poo such that the shield gets consumed, neither blessing is really going to save that situation.

I use caregiver's. Iirc, it shields more than Healer's heals (at least w/o the set bonus) and it isn't wasted as often. I don't often use many ST heals on non-tanks, esp in raids, and tanks are getting hit often enough that caregiver's is rarely wasted.

Also, as a warden, caregiver's can be pre-applied before a big AOE to add a little more shielding to some people (perhaps that one person with slightly lower HP than the rest of the raid), while healer's can not be pre-applied.
    Last edited by Dyeus; 01-17-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    I use caregiver's. Iirc, it shields more than Healer's heals (at least w/o the set bonus) and it isn't wasted as often. I don't often use many ST heals on non-tanks, esp in raids, and tanks are getting hit often enough that caregiver's is rarely wasted.

Also, as a warden, caregiver's can be pre-applied before a big AOE to add a little more shielding to some people (perhaps that one person with slightly lower HP than the rest of the raid), while healer's can not be pre-applied.
    It depends on the spec being used. You'll also notice that caregiver's actually shields for a bit less than stated in the tooltip and healer's can heal for a bit more than the tooltip states (not referring to the bugged healing but the legit form).

As for healer's getting wasted there seems to be a bit of a misconception. You may be able to have the entirety of caregiver's consumed reliably each time, but all that does is shift the waste to the heal that procced it in the first place. Let's say you spam heals for 10k and your caregiver's shields for 1k while your healer's heals for 1k. Enemy can do 9k damage during the time it takes you to cast your heal spam. With healer's up your proc won't even be seen for healing contribution, and you'll have 2k overhealing. With caregiver's up your proc will contribute each time, but since there is now less to heal due to the absorb you'll still do 2k overhealing.

The primary difference between the two in the case of ST spam only is if the benefit is frontloaded or backloaded, they both have the same level of waste. Caregiver's has a slight advantage in this case, assuming your spec grants even shield/heal values. The frontloaded is preferable since it can help manage bursts of incoming damage better despite there being a disadvantage at the actual recovery.
    Last edited by Shoggoth1890; 01-17-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    It depends on the spec being used. You'll also notice that caregiver's actually shields for a bit less than stated in the tooltip and healer's can heal for a bit more than the tooltip states (not referring to the bugged healing but the legit form).

As for healer's getting wasted there seems to be a bit of a misconception. You may be able to have the entirety of caregiver's consumed reliably each time, but all that does is shift the waste to the heal that procced it in the first place. Let's say you spam heals for 10k and your caregiver's shields for 1k while your healer's heals for 1k. Enemy can do 9k damage during the time it takes you to cast your heal spam. With healer's up your proc won't even be seen for healing contribution, and you'll have 2k overhealing. With caregiver's up your proc will contribute each time, but since there is now less to heal due to the absorb you'll still do 2k overhealing.

The primary difference between the two in the case of ST spam only is if the benefit is frontloaded or backloaded, they both have the same level of waste. Caregiver's has a slight advantage in this case, assuming your spec grants even shield/heal values. The frontloaded is preferable since it can help manage bursts of incoming damage better despite there being a disadvantage at the actual recovery.
    Huh, very well said, friend. Gave me something to think about!

Also do either of those stack with Bozens Blessing are can 2 of the blessings be active at the same time. I don't think they can, but I could be wrong.
    Bosun's Blessing doesn't stack with any other blessings.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast