+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Shaman] Glory of the Chosen as a passive?

Default [Shaman] Glory of the Chosen as a passive?

Is there a possibility we could get GotC as a passive, a la Salvation? Rift has gone buff-nuts in Storm Legion, to the point where I'm recasting 4 to 8 (sometimes more) buffs upon spec change or death.

It's probably too much to ask for its healy goodness to trigger per-target hit, like Salvation and Recovery Posture, but it can't hurt. :P
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    Is there a possibility we could get GotC as a passive, a la Salvation? Rift has gone buff-nuts in Storm Legion, to the point where I'm recasting 4 to 8 (sometimes more) buffs upon spec change or death.

It's probably too much to ask for its healy goodness to trigger per-target hit, like Salvation and Recovery Posture, but it can't hurt. :P
    You clearly never played an *icar before everything got turned into a passive.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by bombasy View Post
    Druid builds are about equal now to what icars used to be.

Why does this ability even exist? It's almost useless in spike-damage happy Storm Legion.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    Why does this ability even exist? It's almost useless in spike-damage happy Storm Legion.
    It's better than nothing at least. Imagine if it were designed similar to the warrior or assassin equivalents and it was actually a vengeance we had to choose from.
    Last edited by Shoggoth1890; 01-16-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    It's better than nothing at least. Imagine if it were designed similar to the warrior equivalents and it was actually a vengeance we had to choose from.
    I guess... but really, we Clerics shoukdn't be settling for "better than nothing." I'd much rather have a better gap closer or decent self-absorb instead. Or at least make Glory of the Chosen heal us based on how much damage we do instead of a flat amount.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    I guess... but really, we Clerics shoukdn't be settling for "better than nothing." I'd much rather have a better gap closer or decent self-absorb instead. Or at least make Glory of the Chosen heal us based on how much damage we do instead of a flat amount.
    For our DPS soul we don't deserve any more or less healing than other classes DPS souls just because we're clerics. Should we want more healing in our builds we at least have plenty of options for it. And they're trying to get away from pure conversion heals so I doubt we'd be seeing anything like that.

Unfortunately many souls have skills that range from marginally useful to just plain trash.

Quote Originally Posted by bombasy View Post
    The buff comment wasn't about Clerics, so much as it was about SL in general.

I think the first build on the first day of Rift was an -icar, and I usually maintained some mutation of it throughout vanilla. That was ages ago. Putting up those Justicar buffs was a ***** just to make the build functional, but on the whole I was able to run fewer buffs than now. I have a bar dedicated to builds & self buffs, and it wasn't until Storm Legion that it ran out of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    For our DPS soul we don't deserve any more or less healing than other classes DPS souls just because we're clerics. Should we want more healing in our builds we at least have plenty of options for it. And they're trying to get away from pure conversion heals so I doubt we'd be seeing anything like that.

Unfortunately many souls have skills that range from marginally useful to just plain trash.
    I certainly wouldn't ask for Shaman to have RB/VK & RS/NB levels of self-sufficiency, baked right into one tree. That'd be pretty ludicrous. Glory of the Chosen is just one of those skills that teeters on "meh" and "marginal".

Alternatively, it could just do something else. That was actually useful.
    Last edited by Gamma Ray; 01-16-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Bingo, bingo!

If GoTC is the Shaman Salvation, a Justi/Sham spec would be ... UBER.

But, in addition of change it to passive, I would like something like "each overheal from GoTC add a shield for 200% of overheal" or "each overheal from GoTC deals 150% of overheal to your target" to keep initial spirit.

Otherwise, remove it and buff sham
    World Progress Ranking Website
    (Don't forget to MouseOver Dates or Points to see details !)

Experts W#1 | Crucia W#1 | Regulos W#2
    www.aethys.eu

Plane Walker

I agree but that's what the second part of my comment was addressing. They've placed pretty useless stuff in most souls and that's not likely to change (although I'm sure some will in the future while still leaving others).

Have you ever seen Reaper's Bearing? Even when Titan's Strike was a massive ST damage attack for champs it was useless as you'd lose 2GCDs just to switch to reapers to benefit from it then switch back to another bearing you could benefit from. Now the only use it has is it will cause disruptive strike to splash a bit of damage when you have dominating bearing(61pt).

In its current form it acts as a buffer, decreasing time till death. Over a 30s fight it can produce 7k healing for me in my current state, meaning that my effective health pool would be about 7k higher for any 30s fight in which I'm taking consistent damage.

Reaper's Bearing... Yeah, I still shake my head about that.

I guess what bugs me about GotC is that it's a 20 point Root that's weaker than a 0 point Root.

Ah well, it's not a big deal. You're right, there's quite a few odd and pointless abilities scattered through the trees and roots. Filler's inevitable, I suppose.

+ Reply to Thread