+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defiler/justicar pvp build

Soulwalker

Default Defiler/justicar pvp build

Was wondering if this would work at all with the 40 points in defiler for explosive growth and points in justicar to tank dmg healing should be fine even with the 500 spell power loss with a shield equipped any ideas?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....EkkzMMVMb.-11

Default My thoughts.

This an interesting idea. One that I had not put much thought towards. My first impression of that particular version is that it lacks cohesion. I would decide from the get go what the intended use of the build is. Currently it is very difficult to hybridize cleric specs to great effect, and this will be a constant issue to overcome.

Try this on for size. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0bdRRhMczI.-11

Its worth a look at anyrate.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 01-17-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

you won't survive much longer with a 36 points in justicar than you would if you just went full dps. right now rift pvp is whoever can burst dps/burst heal the most wins. there is no survivability

Default A second option for the third tree.

Take warden for waterjet and another hot. Without a gap closer you will be surprised how often you use waterjet.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

I tried a similar build, it's not anywhere near as powerful as it looks on paper. The heals are just too weak compared to your health bar.

I think that you need both meins to be effective with this build dancing between honor and leadership would be a necessity to gain full benefit from both souls.

Maybe even focusing completely on links maxing your hp pool and being a self healing absorb bot? I can see maybe weakness when caught alone but in a group it would add utility. Gotta try it to find out lol.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybadlady View Post
    Maybe even focusing completely on links maxing your hp pool and being a self healing absorb bot? I can see maybe weakness when caught alone but in a group it would add utility. Gotta try it to find out lol.
    you should just spec 61 defiler if this is your goal. higher % links, more dps, and your survivability will be better as you can actually heal

MoH is just so pathetic now, I don't particularly think it's worth it. Justicar just blends very poorly with other souls now.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

I had to cut my earlier post short due to work aggro, sorry.

Full Justicar and full Defiler both outperform a hybrid build. With the burst that DPS builds can put out right now, you either need as much mitigation as you can get, or as much healing as you can get.

If MoH affected the heals from Defiler, it might be a little better, but it doesn't. MoL reduces your heals from Defiler, so both meins are nearly useless for hybrid specs. Trion really, really didn't want to see any more -icar specs.
    Last edited by Pork Star; 01-17-2013 at 12:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread