+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Purifier Suggestions

Default Purifier Suggestions

I really like Puri healing due to the mobility, but it is lacking a bit in ST direct heals. Puri is really all about preventive maintenance as opposed to sentinel waiting for the health to drop then recovering.

I agree with everyone regarding symbol of the hearth, it is garbage and desperatly needs something done with it. I think just removing burnout would make this ability way more useful or any of the other suggestions people made in this thread.

Premonition is actually pretty useful when used as pre-pull tool but other then that it is a waste. the amount that the wards shield for makes it unpractical to use during a fight simply because by the time the global CD is off the ward shield is already down and you have to recast your ward to try again.

Premonition should actually be a preemptive cast and reapply the next shielding spell cast after it has been destroyed for the next 5 seconds or up to 3 times. Allow it to work with both ST shields as well as AE shields. Then have Flare Up add to the duration of premonition by 1/2/3 seconds as well as SoS and SoT.

Get rid of Sign of Anticipation put something more useful maybe a cast time reduction for wards or maybe every symbol cast has a chance to make your next ward cast instant. The wards are garbage like they are now and need something done badly, I think this is why most people are having a hard time using puri.

When I am healing experts with puri very rarely do I even bother with WoF, but instead use a
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Breath
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Flare
    to proc clear the coals so I can refresh SoS, I cast this even when the tank does not need healing just to be able to get another shield up
    also a
    cast Flashover
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Latent Blaze
    will produce a descent sized heal on the tank when his health drops and should be kept on the tank at all times.
    Also a Fo/TtL/HI macro is handy for topping up the tank as well.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Plane Walker

Actually you should use premonition just after the ward cast is complete. Not even ward of scorching is faster than the GCD, so you won't have to wait any after the ward is cast. I did some testing awhile ago but can't remember the results in regards to whether the reapplied wards retain any ramp up abilities that the original had, such as tidal surge or flashover, but I do know you should always use ward of scorching as the premonition ward.

I agree sign of anticipation needs to be replaced. It was the last skill I specced for and cant think of any situation it would be better than the damage reduction sign. Perhaps if different healers could have different signs on one target it would be useful but any sign just replaces the last one that procced. They're unlikely to replace it with cast time reduction though since that was their visionary theme for the new sent. Another possibility is to replace one of the damage perk talents (or add a secondary effect to it like they did in the case of chloros) to allow the puri to have two active signs. Perhaps also change anticipation to increase the amount blocks/deflects absorb. Wouldn't mind anticipation being there if they did that.

On another note something has really been bugging me... if I cast a symbol on someone a split second before an enemy hits, I sometime notice the shield instantly disappearing... and it doesn't always reappear even if you're specced for it to. I can accept that the hit in question may have been a particularly hard one sometimes, but the person is still full health meaning the hit had to be for the EXACT amount of the shield. Sometimes it even occurs with mobs that couldn't possibly be hitting the person hard enough to break through, such as a 30 puri vs. a boar outside Meridian.

I was using the faster cast one can't recall what it its called at the moment. generally though in some cases it takes a couple tries to get premonition to stick and you can forget about if there's multiple mobs beating on him.

We still come back to the issue with Symbol of the Hearth it only applies to 5 party members, applies burn out and is considerably weaker then SoS. I can't even remember the last time I have evn bothered using it.

The wards are to slow to cast, heal and shield for to little to be of use. your better off by far using HB/HF. This shouldn't be the way it is

Don't get me wrong I am not saying you can't heal with puri, but it is not nearly as efficient as it should be.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

I love puri I use it pretty much 90% of the time I heal it excels at experts the 54/22 spec can solo heal all experts and is great in 10 man....

It does need help in pvp the wards cast time is too long it be great if say casting a ward reapplied the symbol currently along with the shield it puts up itself on the target that would help out a lot in single target healing...

In pvp it lacks the extra stun break and pacify that the sent tree has even thou what's in it's place flame wall is a fun ability in that it mentally messes with players in pvp and I've pushed whole teams back by recasting it over and over moving the group back little by little but the damage is horrible and good pvpers know you can walk right thru it or even stand in it since it won't hurt. A dps boost to it would make it much better as a control for pvp or adding a snare to it would help a lot in giving puri more pvp utility.

A lot of abilities in sent would help puri a lot especially healers haste....while more also would help healers haste is a ability if u use with a puri/sent build it makes u too gimp in that ur shields are too weak with so few points and your sent heals miss out on all the good talents that make it a great heal build...

It also suffers in a group when more then one puri is in it....shields all scale on sp so you always need the highest sp player using shields...also the aoe symbol is so so bad and I have yet to even use it or put onto my bars and a inexperienced player will spam it making another puri who doesn't use it not able to use his single target shields and I agree you cannot remove burnout but it be great if they had two types of burnout one for each symbol rather then sharing the same one...even a talent replacing the 58 or 61 point ability or say the top spell in the tree that allows you to use two signs at once again would help a lot....

While a awesome tree it does need work especially in pvp where it suffers a lot due to long cast times and lack of mobility, CC and utility in general...it also needs a way to allow more then one puri to be in a group it truly makes no sense to run more then one in any size content....
    Last edited by Scarybadlady; 01-16-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Soulwalker

Well the problem with puri is aoe shields are a waste of a cool down and i also fine wrong is that the most of the healing seems to be from healing flare or breathe. i think that between symbol and ward should be enough to keep a tank up besides on burst that should require the occational cd or healing flair. right now most of the time wards are to slow and dont do enought to make them worth while. long cast time on main tank heals doesnt work well. Sent can keep up with more dps from a boss fights the puri so if puri is ment to be a mt healer something needs to be done to put them on the same playing field . not saying puri is bad. i like it more then sent but it just cant keep up with sent.T

I don't know how Purifiers fair in PvE but in PvP they don't seem to fair well as with the other healing classes. Although hands down they have the best damage mitigation, after the Puri shield nerf, they are just simply just more of a support class. PvP dishes out a lot of damage and although the damage mitigation helps, a heal is still needed eventually. As you know Puri has a very slow cast time to heals which is their downfall. I did however, find that they are extremely useful if the Puri just concentrates on damage mitigation (if there are a few main healers in the team).

Puris in PvP unfortunately cannot be main healers because their cast time are just too slow, and they do not have AoE heals, but as hands down, as support healers their damage mitigation and single target cleanse can add value to the team.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 01-16-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Puri is defiantly lacking in the PvP area. There is no point in even using one it seems like a sent or chloro on a warden is the best way to go. Puri shields are just to insignificant in PvP. Granite I do believe the nerf may have been warranted, but I think a lot of the PvP hate stems from the fact that absorbs do not show up in the WF heal chart making it hard to distinguish a puri as a true healer so people were not marking them and focusing them like they should thus all the QQ.

The fact of the matter is Puri wards, Symbol of the Hearth (AE Symbol), Sign of Anticipation and the 61 point ability Premonition really need some attention if Puris are ever to be taking seriously as a full on healer. If it was only a matter of 1 or 2 abilities, I don't think this discussion would even be taking place, but as it sits now we have 5 abilities that no one even uses or use on very rare occasions.
    • Sign of Anticipation is a 26 point branch ability, but when you do the math you are going to get better mileage from Sign of Daring which is only a 20 point root ability, since not only does armor have a higher value, but it benefits everyone regardless if they are a tank or not.
    • Wards are both to slow and shield/heal for to little you will get more return from using Healing Breath/Healing Flare and also have much higher mobility even if the tank is still topped off aand you are shooting for a Clear the Coals proc.
    • Symbol of the Hearth shields to few people for to little and applies burn out keeping players from placing a stronger symbol. A better option is just to use 2 casts of SoS or pop Gathering of the Ancestors. At least with GotA you do not have to worry about burn out.
    • Premonition would be fine if you didn't have to wait for the ward shield to be up cast it. Many times your ward will be down before you even get a chance to hit the button. Not to mention this comes back around to my first point regarding how weak ward shielding is in the first place.

These are what I see as the biggest discrepancies facing the Purifier at this time and holding the soul back from being on equal footing with the other healing souls.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    I was using the faster cast one can't recall what it its called at the moment. generally though in some cases it takes a couple tries to get premonition to stick and you can forget about if there's multiple mobs beating on him.

We still come back to the issue with Symbol of the Hearth it only applies to 5 party members, applies burn out and is considerably weaker then SoS. I can't even remember the last time I have evn bothered using it.

The wards are to slow to cast, heal and shield for to little to be of use. your better off by far using HB/HF. This shouldn't be the way it is

Don't get me wrong I am not saying you can't heal with puri, but it is not nearly as efficient as it should be.
    And to think how easy it could be to fix this problem simply by lowering the cast time of the spell, because quite frankly with the powerful tank CD's Puri has it makes no sence to me that he isnt the tank healer he could be.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    Puri is defiantly lacking in the PvP area. There is no point in even using one it seems like a sent or chloro on a warden is the best way to go. Puri shields are just to insignificant in PvP. Granite I do believe the nerf may have been warranted, but I think a lot of the PvP hate stems from the fact that absorbs do not show up in the WF heal chart making it hard to distinguish a puri as a true healer so people were not marking them and focusing them like they should thus all the QQ.
    I do not consider the absorb nerf warranted. Puri at 1.11 was balanced for the heavy HP increase we'd be seeing in SL. Nerf pre-51 absorbs sure, but now that people have the much higher health puri doesn't hold up for PvP.

The other issue wasn't so much that absorbs didn't show for healing, but that absorbed damage didn't register on meters. Not only did it hurt epeens, it fostered the erroneous belief that it was impossible to break through shields with the DPS that was available because they were basing it off of the meter damage.

People also only payed attention to how fast health decreased rather than how fast health OR shields decreased. Many at that time didn't even realize what the glowy blue bar around the health even was.

Again for premonition though: queue it to cast toward the end of ward of scorching. It will go off right after the ward and you'd have to be extremely unlucky for a shield breaking hit to land in between the two in the server's combat calculations. If you try to TTL the ward then you'll have to wait. Personally I think premonition should be oGCD. Wouldn't be as much of a premonition then, but why balance it around name?

When I first saw sign of anticipation in beta I thought it was going to be a +to the amount of absorption a person can do on block/deflect which would make it somewhat useful before you get sign of faith.

I'm still of the opinion that one should be able to throw up multiple signs like a true G.

And I can agree that the puri nerf is not applicable at this point in the game. For now, the general heal nerf it had prior would be sufficient for today's meta.

Puris main heal is useless in pvp. I don't think of many situations I would cast if over flare which heals for quite a bit and is mobile.

I do not know what healing role Trion had intended for Puri, but realistically currently we only have one viable tank healing soul and that is sentinel. It seems that a minor change to puri wards and AE shielding is really all that would need to be changed to put puri back into the pack, Some changes to SoA would be greatly appreciated but nowhere near as critical as the other problems that plagued Puri.

In the realm of PvP I have to concur that the amount of damage being thrown around and the shields shielding for so little this soul seems to be a bit impractical.

So it seems in a nutshell what we are left with here is a soul that has only one purpose in this game and that is to be the chloro/sentinel back up healing *****, which is very unfortunate. It really is a shame to see such a useful soul, once upon a time being reduced to this state.

I had an idea a while back that the shields should heal an x amount when someone is hit or when it's broken. Remove the casted heal, make flare and the 51 its main/only direct heal skills and have all their other shields work in that manner.

I think with chloro, defiler and senti being in existence, puris play style is obsolete (which is why it's not just a shielder as opposed to a healer).

Iunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I had an idea a while back that the shields should heal an x amount when someone is hit or when it's broken. Remove the casted heal, make flare and the 51 its main/only direct heal skills and have all their other shields work in that manner.
    I dunno about all shields, but perhaps a talent you can point into that gives the gathering of flames style heal when consumed to certain shields would be an interesting mechanic for Purifier.

And personally, Purifier's role is to be the reason people don't die that should have, it doesn't need to be an incredible tank healer in addition. It significantly lowers the difficulty of every raid fight, if not required.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-17-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Plane Walker

Yeah, I'm pretty much fine with its PvE situation, it's the PvP situation that needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I dunno about all shields, but perhaps a talent you can point into that gives the gathering of flames style heal when consumed to certain shields would be an interesting mechanic for Purifier.
    We could even name it Sign of Anticipation and get rid of the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    And personally, Purifier's role is to be the reason people don't die that should have, it doesn't need to be an incredible tank healer in addition. It significantly lowers the difficulty of every raid fight, if not required.
    Grinnz buddy, I don't mean to bust your nuts but isn't this the job of all healers? I don't think the tools we have are enough to even do this job adequately. With the exception of Symbol of the Sun spam we really don't have much else in the way of tools to accomplish this goal. A purifier's job is to keep players alive, regardless if there the tank or some derp that wont get out of a ground effect. This is also the duty of a warden or chloro. At least the 2 previously mentioned souls have the ability to do their job effectively. Right now purifier is just there, they exist just to make the other healers look good and serve no other function then as a second string healer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast