+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Eughe

Thread: [SUGGESTION] Cabalist- Sign of Asias

Default [SUGGESTION] Cabalist- Sign of Asias

I was hoping Kervik and my fellow cleric community could chime in and the idea of making Sign of Asias a permenat gobal cooldown reduction. I know some clerics want this, but what does everyone think? You could add a reduction to damage of 5% or so if you feel the dmg increase of having it up fulltime is to much but I really like the feel of Cabalist when its up and kinda feels like a kick to the you know when it wears off waiting for it to come back up.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

of course it would be fun but IMO its not needed and doesn't fit the flavor of the soul

shaman is a melee class with a fast paced rotation and no cast times so it makes sense to be on a 1s GCD.

cabalist is 30m range with lots of DoTs and a specifically timed rotation. If sign of asias is made permanent then

A) we'd be OP
    B) cabalist would loose a burst CD
    C) you might as well just say "lets fix clerics by giving us a 1s GCD on all souls" aka its a boring cop out when you start to apply it to souls that don't need it just to boost their DPS.
    D) we, as a class, shouldn't be too dependant on twitch reactions. 1 soul is enough IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    of course it would be fun but IMO its not needed and doesn't fit the flavor of the soul

shaman is a melee class with a fast paced rotation and no cast times so it makes sense to be on a 1s GCD.

cabalist is 30m range with lots of DoTs and a specifically timed rotation. If sign of asias is made permanent then

A) we'd be OP
    B) cabalist would loose a burst CD
    C) you might as well just say "lets fix clerics by giving us a 1s GCD on all souls" aka its a boring cop out when you start to apply it to souls that don't need it just to boost their DPS.
    D) we, as a class, shouldn't be too dependant on twitch reactions. 1 soul is enough IMO
    A. As I said they could place a reduction if necessary to prevent us from being op, though im not convinced it would make us op.
    B. Fair enough.
    C. Thats a bit harsh, I am not asking for a gcd reduction to a class that doesn't already have one, its just limited atm.
    D. If they did change it having two souls with it wouldn't make our entire class dependent on twitch reactions.

We can agree to disagree on if it fits the flavor of the soul or not, I think it feels nice when its up, but that's a matter of opinion. I may be to spoiled by the Shaman GCD, it just makes me feel sluggish when Sign wears off, and im back to 1.5 gcd.

Let's fix clerics by having a 1s GCD on all souls

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    We can agree to disagree on if it fits the flavor of the soul or not, I think it feels nice when its up, but that's a matter of opinion. I may be to spoiled by the Shaman GCD, it just makes me feel sluggish when Sign wears off, and im back to 1.5 gcd.
    IMO this is rather the point. AoE DPS is all about burst, there is pretty much no reason you ever need sustained DPS on 8 enemies, this is why Dominator is king and Stormcaller is rather useless ATM. So having Sign up to burst down a trash pack every minute feels pretty much perfect to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    IMO this is rather the point. AoE DPS is all about burst, there is pretty much no reason you ever need sustained DPS on 8 enemies, this is why Dominator is king and Stormcaller is rather useless ATM. So having Sign up to burst down a trash pack every minute feels pretty much perfect to me.
    Good point, I hadnt thought of it like that, I pvp mostly so you will have to forgive my noobness to pve stuff. Not saying I dont use burst in pvp but I do try to sustain as much damage as possible, but we all know pvp and pve are different. I am more then willing to admit if im wrong, its why I made the topic to see what other clerics thought

From a pvp standpoint, Asias should be perma. Cab doesn't have a set rotation, its all about twitch reaction, which is only great achievable during asias, any other time, animation of CCs
    as well as fast past movement make its a hinderance without some for clairvoyancey.

And cab is all insta cast, dots are not its only feature, it's setting up situations in which one can inflict the most damage at a given time, the gcd is a hinderance to that.

Not saying we can't make it work. But I wouldn't hate a perma or even longer asias. But I'd settle for a lower cd on our CC or at the very least activation on impact, or persistence upon placement (or both)

Rift Disciple

I just dont see this really helping the soul out. Id rather obliterate lower gcd on dots/delayed death abilities by .5 and the 51 point something new

Cabalist, needs help.

Rift Disciple

edit timer

how do we make cab useful in pve while keeping it fun for our pvp centered cleric friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Grocket View Post
    edit timer

how do we make cab useful in pve while keeping it fun for our pvp centered cleric friends?
    I think the answer to that question lies in dungeon/raid design. At the moment there are no fights where anything like a cab is really needed. Cab I would say is by and far the best AoE DPS in game beyond 5 targets and beyond 8 targets, the diminishing returns aren't too bad. In order to make cab useful, there needs to be a point in a fight (like Matron) where a ridiculous amount of spike AoE damage is needed on a large number of targets. That's where you'll see the cab shine. Onslaughts are a great place for cab, PvP is OKAY for cab (die instantly from mass charged shield), Raids/dungeons are "meh" at the moment.

ON TOPIC: I like Sign of Asias where it is. Mana is already a ***** without throwing a 1 second GCD in there. It would make cab TOO powerful, or too weak (We know how Trion nerfs things...)
    Last edited by Deviancy; 01-17-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    |Cleric||<Everlasting Vendetta>||Greybriar|

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread