+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inqu vs archon/ Defiler vs Archon

Shadowlander

Default Inqu vs archon/ Defiler vs Archon

last night while raiding instead of healing. I went dps, the archon kept asking who was overwriting his 7% magical debuff. For the life of me I don't remember the name. But The bard was not overwriting him and the actual truth was that my clinging spirits was overwriting his 7% reduction. My question to all you clerics is why is 5% overwriting a 7%. That's 2% dps loss on all our mages/clerics.

And I also noticed that the 5% increase damage from non-phys damage from defiler when you cast Marrow Harvest, also stacks with bard/archon. Is it worth trying to find a hybrid just to keep that 5% damage up?

Are you sure someone wasn't (god forbid) casting Spiritual Deficiency as part of their rotation? (inquisitor)

Clinging Spirits should not be overwriting the archon debuff, they are in different categories. Spiritual Deficiency may overwrite the archon debuff in Inquisitor though which increases non-physical damage by 7% for one minute.

The Archon Debuff, the Bard debuff and the Inquisitor's Spiritual Deficiency debuff are all in the same category and so they may overwrite one another at 7%. The Saboteur debuff, the Defiler debuff and the Inquisitor's Clinging Spirits debuff are in a different category at 5% and may overwrite each other. There may be some other debuff that I don't remember that goes into one of those two categories that beastmaster or some other soul has. The 5% and the 7% should be stacking with one another, are you sure it was Clinging Spirits overwriting the Archon debuff or was it some other ability? Unless it was changed recently without me knowing this is how it should be working.

Shadowlander

I have extensively tested it with a bard on a guild dimension dummy. Seperatly each. Clinging spirits does in fact overwrite the archon/bard 7% debuff.

Pardon the bad English. This cell phone is shot.

You are mistaken. I have tested with both Coda of Distress and Crumbling Resistance, no form of the Clinging Spirits debuff interacts with it, the two groups stack with each other. The Clinging Spirits group is 5%, the Crumbling Resistance group is 7%.

Spiritual Deficiency is in the Crumbling Resistance group, so it will overwrite Coda/Crumbling.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-13-2013 at 05:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread