+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Request: Please Change Gathering of Flames to Not Apply Burnout

Default Request: Please Change Gathering of Flames to Not Apply Burnout

Cleric is my alt so I'm not even sure if I've identified the correct spell... but I've run into an issue when playing Purifier in PvP. I tried out the Steampunk preset build in warfronts and was having fun, but there are issues when grouped with other clerics. The aoe shielding ability in purifier (I believe it's Gathering of Flames) applies burnout and only shields for ~500 health. There was another cleric who was spamming this ability on cooldown so I was not able to shield other players in pvp.

One player (especially in a pug) should not be able to prevent another player to use a majority of their abilities in pvp. Their single target shield should be able to prevent mine from applying for sure, but another player spamming a weak aoe shield shouldn't prevent me from using single target shields.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Cleric is my alt so I'm not even sure if I've identified the correct spell... but I've run into an issue when playing Purifier in PvP. I tried out the Steampunk preset build in warfronts and was having fun, but there are issues when grouped with other clerics. The aoe shielding ability in purifier (I believe it's Gathering of Flames) applies burnout and only shields for ~500 health. There was another cleric who was spamming this ability on cooldown so I was not able to shield other players in pvp.

One player (especially in a pug) should not be able to prevent another player to use a majority of their abilities in pvp. Their single target shield should be able to prevent mine from applying for sure, but another player spamming a weak aoe shield shouldn't prevent me from using single target shields.
    Doable if they add a cooldown to the spell...wouldn't mind seeing the yield raised a touch as well, wont hurt the class at all since he has a more raid function than single target function now anyways.

To be honest they may as well remove Gathering of Flames for all the good it usually does. And symbol of the hearth is so embarrassingly bad, it honestly makes me question some things about certain RIFT designers.

Both shield for pitiful amounts. The only reason gathering of flames has a place is its got a heal added on. At least it has a place. If your ever using Symbol of the Hearth.... i dont even know what to tell you. It has no place to be used ever. At the end of the day, whether your talking gathering of flames or symbol of the hearth... its nearly always more economical to single target shield using Emblem of the ashes to bounce your single target shield to 2 other players nearby.

Ive been very annoyed lately with how many abilities in trees are so pitiful or pathetic or just don't have a place. The tree as a whole isn't bad, and has its place, but it sometimes feels like they just stuck in crap to fill the tree up for SL. With purifier its especially bad since they made the spec all about the shields, and yet the best aoe shield in the entire soul is a bouncing single target shield that's not AoE by design, and the tree lacks the ability to "speed" heal almost at all which is nearly always required at times with the way damage is designed.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 01-13-2013 at 10:19 AM.

This has always been the way - remember Healing Grace?

Symbol of the Hearth is the spell you are looking for and yes it is a waste of an ability slot.

Plane Walker

Yeah, gathering is the one with a CD that doesn't apply burnout, hearth is a total waste.

What irritates me the most though is that they would put a 0pt skill in any tree that can block a 61pt person from using one of their primary abilities, not only granting them a subpar version of what you could have provided, but blocking reapplication for longer than your skill would have.

Then there's the whole "signs from other healers overwrite each other" thing, with the first sign being very low in the tree. Even though many subspec puris don't bother shielding, they still buff themselves with sign of wrath so they end up overwriting you all the time.

I'm fine with puris not being desireable to stack, but the degree to which they don't is crazy. At least pre-1.11 restorative flames would stack their shields, but now even those overwrite each other (now called wards).

More often than not if in a WF and requesting that a subspec puri stop warding ppl since you're mainspec puri, you get ignored and the subspec puri just keeps spamming the shield on anyone without burnout, rather than waiting for the optimal time to reapply. And since the mainspec puri has a chance to remove burnout with their heals we run the risk of removing burnout with an instant and giving the subspec a chance to cast it before us while we're on GCD.

I don't play puri anymore on my 60, but have been playing another levelling cleric recently. Puri is more useful at low level WFs than it is in high level ones due to the the instants available and since sent doesn't get their reduced invocation casts till a ways into the tree. Should see burst in the lower level brackets, even crazier than in 60 with the exception to what burst a cleric can do (virtually none, best burst for us seems to be a BoD timed to hit right as marrow harvest goes off, with a sanction heretic hitting at the same time as well). Bit of a tangent there though...

+ Reply to Thread