+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Healing Builds are a Must-Have?

Soulwalker

Default What Healing Builds are a Must-Have?

So I've run into a bit of a problem in that I can't decide on what healing builds to have with me at any time.

I'm just about to start getting into raiding (Have almost all expert gear) and have no idea what builds I need to have on my role bar.

I need something that's capable of running experts (What I normally used Sentinel for, but I feel Sentinel serves no real purpose in raids in that most of their heals end up being overheals, so it feels like a waste of a role slot other than doing Experts which I'm still working on.) And I need builds that are wanted in Raid parties, I feel Warden is also pretty bad compared to Chloros, but maybe that just shows how much I know.

Is there a replacement for Sentinel that is viable to be used as healer in both Experts and Raids?

Also when looking through the Synergy Crystals, most of them actually looked pretty bad other than Warden and Defiler. I mean Sentinel increases Healer's Blessing healing by...100? That sounds terrible since it's single-target only, an extra 100 healing isn't something I'd care about on a 50k hp tank. Purifier gains half the SP of Defiler/Warden for half the time for casting a symbol? That also sounds pretty bad.

Is there a go to Synergy Crystal? I feel like Defiler is almost surely the way to go with 160 spell for the 4-piece.

I'm just really lost as where to go and what to practice entering Raids.

Brokefiler.

Modify it a bit for PvE and it's great there too.

Soulwalker

The issue with that build is that it's a waste in Raiding, if you are raiding you'd either want 61 defiler for cooldowns and the stronger link for the tank it would only serve the purpose of replacing Sentinel in experts since it still has the AoE cleanse.

Ascendant

For raiding, you will want 3 roles

Warden=aoe. It has spiked up to 12k hps that i have witnessed. Look at ahov's guide in the guide section for a starting point

Sentinel=tank heals. It may be slightly behind chloros healing numbers if you have a chloro on the same tank. Reguardless, it has some of the best dmg fesuction cooldowns.

A purisent build=good raid shielding/cleansing/decent ST heals. This is fine for experts too. This is the most unmandatory choice of the three.

Defiler is situational. It puts out poor dps and poor hps compared to its.counterpart, chloro. You may wish to run it on crucia, but is truely situational

As a cleric Warden is needed for AoE healing in raids, unless you have sufficient Chloromancers to cover the task (once they fix the healing bug, Wardens will be more valuable). Right now Warden is only truly useful for a couple of fights because of the burst AoE healing required: General Typhiria (10man) and Crucia. Otherwise Chloros can do the job

Sentinel and Defiler are useful for tank healing, I wouldn't say one is more required than another. Defiler provides important damage mitigation on the tank(s) but it's not useful to have more than one Defiler in a raid as links block each other. Sentinel on the other hand is pure ST healing throughput with many cooldowns, it's pretty much always useful for tank healing unless you have Chloros doing it.

Purifier is an oddball, it can mitigate a lot of raid damage with shielding, as well as helping significantly with tank healing through shields, damage reduction and cooldowns. But it doesn't have much in the way of raw tank healing, or any raid healing, so it works best combined with other healers. Like Defiler it's not useful to have more than one in a raid as their Burnouts will block each other.

Currently I am running Sentinel, Purifier and Warden as my healing specs because that's all I have room for, have not even gotten a chance to try Defiler yet.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-12-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    As a cleric Warden is needed for AoE healing in raids, unless you have sufficient Chloromancers to cover the task (once they fix the healing bug, Wardens will be more valuable). Right now Warden is only truly useful for a couple of fights because of the burst AoE healing required: General Typhiria (10man) and Crucia. Otherwise Chloros can do the job

Sentinel and Defiler are useful for tank healing, I wouldn't say one is more required than another. Defiler provides important damage mitigation on the tank(s) but it's not useful to have more than one Defiler in a raid as links block each other. Sentinel on the other hand is pure ST healing throughput with many cooldowns, it's pretty much always useful for tank healing unless you have Chloros doing it.

Purifier is an oddball, it can mitigate a lot of raid damage with shielding, as well as helping significantly with tank healing through shields, damage reduction and cooldowns. But it doesn't have much in the way of raw tank healing, or any raid healing, so it works best combined with other healers. Like Defiler it's not useful to have more than one in a raid as their Burnouts will block each other.

Currently I am running Sentinel, Purifier and Warden as my healing specs because that's all I have room for, have not even gotten a chance to try Defiler yet.
    Warden is useful on a fights where aoe healing is needed. They can effectively replace a chloro.

Sentinel is leaps and bounds ahead of defiler (when bug is fixed, the gap will be more).

61 puri is only needed when the tank is undergeared or there is to much raid dmg that cant.be healed through.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Warden is useful on a fights where aoe healing is needed. They can effectively replace a chloro.

Sentinel is leaps and bounds ahead of defiler (when bug is fixed, the gap will be more).

61 puri is only needed when the tank is undergeared or there is to much raid dmg that cant.be healed through.
    Sentinel will be affected by the bug fix as well, perhaps not as much as Defiler but a lot of Sentinel's strength comes from Faith Rewarded and to a lesser extent Healer's Blessing/MBTL.

My preferred Puri build is 54 Puri/22 Sent for the AoE cleanse and healing breath, but the 58 Puri cooldown is very nice as well. 61 Puri is rather worthless unfortunately. But I was speaking more generally. Purifier is very useful for many situations that isn't really noticeable unless it's missing. It negates large spikes of damage, giving everyone more reaction time for anything except a oneshot mechanic. Of course it also simply raises everyone's effective HP to begin with so a oneshot might not be a oneshot.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-12-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Sentinel will be affected by the bug fix as well, perhaps not as much as Defiler but a lot of Sentinel's strength comes from Faith Rewarded and to a lesser extent Healer's Blessing/MBTL.

My preferred Puri build is 54 Puri/22 Sent for the AoE cleanse and healing breath, but the 58 Puri cooldown is very nice as well. 61 Puri is rather worthless unfortunately. But I was speaking more generally. Purifier is very useful for many situations that isn't really noticeable unless it's missing. It negates large spikes of damage, giving everyone more reaction time for anything except a oneshot mechanic. Of course it also simply raises everyone's effective HP to begin with so a oneshot might not be a oneshot.
    That is true about puri. My guild has managed to do most encounters without the shields now.that we have the teir gear for it.

I dont know about the sentinel bug, but i know the defiler bug essentially doubles one of the larger heals.
    Last edited by Reticularize; 01-12-2013 at 10:24 PM.

I dont know about the sentinel bug, but i know the defiler bug essentially doubles one of the larger heals.
    The bug is affecting pretty much every heal that you don't directly cast, it seems. So Faith Rewarded, which is supposed to heal ~1500 extra on anyone below 50% health, heals 3k extra, that's a noticeable amount especially when it crits, particularly since it triggers off any heal even Healing Flare which you can spam on people. Also affected: healer's blessing, marked by the light, bosun's blessing, healing sprays/soothing streams from either ripple or monsoon, and any chloro veil heals. Shielding doesn't seem to be affected oddly.

Plane Walker

The bug is on certain abilities (both healing and damage) that involve more than one part. Both parts are adding their +healing and +damage bonuses together.

So for chloro veils for example, it takes all of your +healing into account for the buff itself and then takes it into account once again for the procs, combining the total +healing.

For defiler the issue is explosive growth. For that it is applying the bonus to the explosive growth ability and adding in the bonuses that a hardcast foul growth would have.

For shaman it applies the +damage bonus from both strike of the maelstrom and frozen wrath to the damage that the spread wraths will do. The nightblade bug works in this same way. You can actually cause the spread versions of wrath to have +100% damage of their already high bug numbers by simply casting tidal surge before you do strike of the maelstrom.

For some reason +absorption was not affected so puris are completely free of this bug.

I'm just gonna go and say what everyone else has already said.
    You should discuss the healing setups with your raid team, but I'd say you should have a warden and a puri or a senti at all times

Warden - My personal favourite. My guild uses wardens in every fight in FT and most bosses in EE. Good warden can pull similiar HPS numbers as chloro, and is more capable in fixing raid in case of bursts.

What comes to purifiers and sentinels - We tend to use atleast one of them in fights. As purifier does not pull so much HPS, and is not extremely handy as tank healer, he also helps with grp damage, and has nice cooldowns. Where purifier really shines are fights where tank max HP gets gimped, like 10man second boss and EE 3rd boss. Also puri is really nice to have on trash mobs.

Sentinel has the best cooldowns and most powerful heals, so if tanks take alot damage, sentinel will top him alot quicker than a purifier.

Only a couple fights require defiler, so its not on the top list of needed heal souls.

I run three builds for raiding:

61 sent/15 puri - MT healing, aoe cleanse

54 puri/21 sent/1 inq - continuous raid shielding, aoe cleanse, help out of the tanks a bit if necessary (usually with a cd)

61 warden/15 sent - burst raid healing, aoe cleanse

Defiler is also strong and depending on build you can go dps or heal heavy. It's a nice soul for being able to swap dps and healing as priority depending on the situation and offers the links for tank stability.

Definitely carry a 61 sent. It works for MT heals, assist raid healing or spot healing, and in PvP. And its a cooldown machine.

A Puri/Sent is still needed (usually at least 54 in puri) as a solid MT healer and can also provide good spot shielding for group/raid members.

A pure Warden for AoE raid healing of all types. However while pure Warden will be more versatile, but i still think the wardicar has its place simply for the consistent burst potential. Build around what others are running and what is still needed if in a raid/guild environment.

Defiler is also quite strong for both pvp and assist raid healing (both ST and minor AoE). However its a niche support spec like a bard or archon so its not as "must have" unless your guild raids and doesnt have one.

Rift Master

Defiler is great for fights where tank healing goes from very little , to needing large spike heals. If you are pulling less than twice the dps of a Chloro, you are doing it wrong, or would be better off as a sent for that particular fight, because you are focusing on healing more than the ideal amount for Defiler.

Defiler is situational. It puts out poor dps and poor hps compared to its.counterpart, chloro. You may wish to run it on crucia, but is truely situational
    I do more DPS than our chloros and I don't think you are taking into account the reduced damage from the links. You are automatically healing the tanks for 30% and 20% of their damage taken plus you can do some really nice burst where it is needed. You aren't the steady healer that a chloro is, you are a bursty healer that comes in and saves the day when s*%t hits the fan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast