+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Druid Quality of Life issues

Default Druid Quality of Life issues

Since I saw Kervik saying they were planning on looking at cleric dps souls in the Inq vs Shaman thread, I thought I'd pop in real quick with this:

I'm really happy with the Druid soul as a solo/5man support soul, but there are a few things I'd like to see changed (I've seen some posts here and there about the same grips with the Druid soul).

1) Make Fae Dispersion and other pet abilities (like the fairy HoTs) visible when you have "only see self buffs" selected from the interface options.

2) Make Fae Dispersion (for both the seer and the healer) an ability that can be toggled off of the global cooldown (i.e. Obliterate).

3) Take Spirit of Upheaval and Spirit of Asphodel off of the global cooldown.

4) This is kind of minor, but if you could take Natural Dedication off the global cooldown, that would be nice. I don't think it would be a game breaker.

This is just my opinion, but if anyone else has a suggestion for QoL issues with Druid, feel free to contribute!
    Last edited by Ophelya99; 01-12-2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: words

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelya99 View Post
    4) This is kind of minor, but if you could take Natural Dedication off the global cooldown, that would be nice. I don't think it would be a game breaker.
    Natural Dedication is equivalent to 30-second buffs from Archon and Beastmaster, which each also require a GCD to apply (though an argument could be made for the beastmaster's version) so I think it's fine as is

Plane Walker

Disagree with ND off the GCD for the same reason TheGrinnz mentioned, but the rest I agree with. Too annoying the hoops you have to jump through to switch the faeries from ST to AoE while in combat, and the spirit spells are the equivalent to the shaman vengeances which themselves are oGCD (but with their own shared CDs).

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

Hey all,

Regarding Fae Dispersion, I can take it off the GCD easily enough, but currently there isn't a good way to have it always show when you buffs set to only show your own. That said, there are a couple options for working with it.
    • Remove it from the GCD and then wait to see if I can work out a way to have the buff icon always show.
    • Turn it into something like a 10s buff with a 10s cooldown, off GCD. This allows you to just toggle it on as an autocast whenever you want the pet to go into AOE mode.
    • Remove the ability from the pets and turn it into a buff the pet owner casts (off GCD). The downside here is it would be limited by the pet's range from the owner. If the pet gets too far away they would lose the buff.
    Any thoughts on these? Other ideas for a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    • Remove the ability from the pets and turn it into a buff the pet owner casts (off GCD). The downside here is it would be limited by the pet's range from the owner. If the pet gets too far away they would lose the buff.
    I would be tempted to say this one would be the best option but make the ability a toggle. It seems to me this would put more control in the hands of the user. As far as pet range is concerned what kind of range would we be talking about.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Having it as a player buff would be alright. Druid buffs are probably the easiest to manage by virtue of being macro-able with [notactive], so you can string them all together and they don't take up half a dozen slots on the action bars.

35-50m should be a large enough radius to keep the pet within. I can't think of many situations where you'd want the pet to be even further away than that.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Telaran

If i recall correctly, light of redemption was recently bugged to have infinite range, ignore line of sight, and be stackable. It's been fixed, but is there any way to introduce that faulty code in for a buff version of fae dispersion except remove stackability and have it auto target the fairy? Then you might be able to code it in as toggle-able via a cancelaura type macro.
    Verdandi (Cleric) - <Mutiny> - Greybriar- 4/4 TotDQ - 3/4 FT - 2/5 EE

Hey all,

Regarding Fae Dispersion, I can take it off the GCD easily enough, but currently there isn't a good way to have it always show when you buffs set to only show your own. That said, there are a couple options for working with it.
    • Remove it from the GCD and then wait to see if I can work out a way to have the buff icon always show.
    • Turn it into something like a 10s buff with a 10s cooldown, off GCD. This allows you to just toggle it on as an autocast whenever you want the pet to go into AOE mode.
    I like the last option, the downside is negligible and I would assume already applies to Spirit of Upheaval/etc anyway.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

The range on the last option would be something like 35m. The Light of Redemption bug was a different sort of thing than this ability would be. There wouldn't be a way to leverage the infinite range issue for this.

I'll go ahead and get the ability put together and will have it included in the PTS update when that happens. People can give feedback on it at that point and I can always go with some other option if this one ends up not working out.

Ascendant

Hey all,

I would prefer it to remain the way it is if these are the only things on the table.

> It's not that hard to put the Seer into passive and then click it on/off or just summon the Destroyer.
    > The healer faerie probably isn't that good in AOE mode anyway to even warrant ever toggling it.

Everything you suggest just creates extra inconvienience. Ideally you'd think there would be a way that if this is clicked it overrides everthing else in the pet's que and gets done rather than having to put the Seer into passive and untick every ability of the Healer and then tick them back on.
    Last edited by Malark; 01-14-2013 at 08:44 PM.

The range on the last option would be something like 35m. The Light of Redemption bug was a different sort of thing than this ability would be. There wouldn't be a way to leverage the infinite range issue for this.

I'll go ahead and get the ability put together and will have it included in the PTS update when that happens. People can give feedback on it at that point and I can always go with some other option if this one ends up not working out.
    How about you make them effect both the pet and the owner?

Druid's dps is still far behind our other souls, this could be a way to give us a dps bump and a QoL fix all rolled up into one. (Although I think druids real problem is how it scales with gear/buffs)

And it doesn't even need to buff the player in the same way, it could be a flat % buff to the players single target or AoE damage. Something like this:

Spirit of Asphodel
    Causes the Cleric's pet's damaging abilities to deal additional Life damage based on their Spellpower.
    Increases the clerics damage done with single target abilities by 5%.

Spirit of Upheaval
    Causes the Cleric's pet's damaging abilities to deal additional Earth damage based on their Spellpower up to 5 enemies.
    Increases the damage of Wild Strike by X%.
    or
    Reduces the Cleric's Global cooldown of Wild Strike by .5 seconds.

But it would give you an easy way to see what buff is active etc. Just a thought.
    4/4 Frozen Tempest, 5/5 Endless Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    I would prefer it to remain the way it is if these are the only things on the table.

> It's not that hard to put the Seer into passive and then click it on/off or just summon the Destroyer.
    > The healer faerie probably isn't that good in AOE mode anyway to even warrant ever toggling it.

Everything you suggest just creates extra inconvienience. Ideally you'd think there would be a way that if this is clicked it overrides everthing else in the pet's que and gets done rather than having to put the Seer into passive and untick every ability of the Healer and then tick them back on.
    Seriously? It's an inconvenience that your faerie will stop AoEing if you get more than 35 meters away? What possible reason would you have for doing that and still expecting damage output?

On the other hand, putting the faerie on passive just to use the ability is by definition an inconvenience.

I would think 35 meters would be more then adequate. I can't think of an instance were I have ever been more then 35 meters away from my pet.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    I would think 35 meters would be more then adequate. I can't think of an instance were I have ever been more then 35 meters away from my pet.
    I play Druid ALOT and say i'm going a great hunt rift, I don't want to worry that my pet is all of a sudden going to spazz out because I'm not next to it I'd rather things stay the way they are than get this disadvantage.

Whats the agenda here anyway ? Is it really so hard to put the Seer in passive and then click a button and then put it back in aggressive ? You seriously think this is the best way to "improve" Druid !?!?!?

The ideal solution is that when you click the AOE toggle... that it just happens... with no disadvantage. Doesn't have to be right away. Maybe clicking it can be an interrupt on the pet, there must be a coding solution that would implement that.
    Last edited by Malark; 01-15-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Ascendant

Default Thoughts and Observations

Glad Fae Dispersion is being looked at, (61) druid is my current solo spec. Much more fun than inquisitor. Faerie ftw!

Does anyone feel that all their spells come off of cd or need reapplied one after the other? Druid has a fairly simple rotation/prioroty but Crusing Force is a 15 second DoT and then you have your big hitter Combined Effort with the same cooldown. It's also around that time that Eruption of Life stacks fall off too.

Could we maybe have the cooldown of Combined Effort reduced, and it's damage to compensate. It would make druid feel less strike spammy and mean those two spells don't fall off after each other.

Thorns of ire is a reasonable dps increase when soloing but I don't bother since it'd use a global and i may as well just use a melee attack to get a mob down. Could we get it off the global; it's a debuff that has a three second cooldown so it's not going to be a dps increase, just something to do during those long globals.

I did have a little bit about removing Shield of Oak and modifying Strength of the Fae to compensate but then came up with a new idea. A few times I've been toggling my fairie on or off and it's not attcked the target so i've died since there were no heals from the damage. That got me thinking, what if Shield of Oak was some kind of proc for let's say Erruption of Life, maybe reduce the values? Almost the same as Husk of Indifference, I'll admit, but there must be a neater use for Shield of Oak.

I forgot I had Hidden Path. Do many people use this?

This isn't druid related per se but I have some points in shaman and it gives Ride the Lightning and it is on the global. I love charges but what I don't like is that once you charge you have to wait for the global before you can hit your target - and if you have your super-awesome Faerie Seerrer she's already nuked the thing and it's moving to her. The druid gap closers have been off gcd. I read a similar though on the forums when used as a justicar that you charge in but then you can't use proper aggro tools until the globals up and we all know dps don't wait.

I wouldn't mind if all druids attacks had a one second global cooldown but that might be pushing it.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Caitie; 01-16-2013 at 06:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast