+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: WTB Cabalist as a ST ranged soul

Rift Disciple

Default WTB Cabalist as a ST ranged soul

Am I the only one that would appreciate this? (Not that there is the time/resources atm for a soul overhaul)

But, Cab is lame from a raiding standpoint, having another option besides Inq would be fun! imo, maybe? yes? no?

Or maybe have Obliterate available somewhere under 36 points with a cd on the toggle so you can't switch from ST->AE-> immediately.. wtb less 61 point builds

No, I love cab the way it is. I love having an AoE spec that I can just destroy stuff in CQ and the Steepes event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, cq is there for stat boost and a trinket. I would trade a trash spec for some other option than the same inq spec we've used for a year and a half or so. Or maybe its just me

The biggest problem Cabalist currently has is that Shaman beats it on AoE DPS by miles. I'm talking about a 10k difference.

Rift Disciple

I seem to remember parsing cab higher on dummies, but at any rate, aside from maybe the mass reflect.. it's maybe cool for 30 seconds per trash pull?

Plane Touched

depends on the number of targets
    when you get up to 8 Cabalist is almost unbeatable on aoe.

on 2-4 Shaman wins out.... inquis probably too.

in 2 min bursts tho.... Dominator mages have MASS BETRAYAL! 50-100k bursts

I would be nice to have some decent single target damage then we could use it on moment fights rather than Waterjet spam!
    Last edited by Pantaliamon; 01-12-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post

Sham AE only beats Cab right now because of Frozen Wrath bug otherwise they're fairly equal if you do it properly. The Problem with Cab AE is that most of its DPS required "Death" of a Mob to trigger more Tyranny's. It's why you see them so effective in Hunt Rifts and Onslaughts and the like.

As for ST, Cab doesn't need that much tweaks to make it "fair" ST DPS, although I firmly believe it should be less than Inquisitor, Shaman and maybe equal to Druid. Cab actually provides good Utility.

Some Changes that would most likely give it a nice boost, but not overpowered.
    1. Increase Curse of Discords base damage to be higher than Vex but lower than Scourge OR have deeper Talents to increase it (To prevent Hybrid OPness)
    2. Have Curse of Discord increase Damage it takes from the Cleric (Old HK Crystal)
    3. Have Obliterate affect Curse of Discord and Shadow's Touch (Might be OP)
    4. Reduce Shadow's Touch cast time to 1.5s or provide/mix a talent to give 0.5s Reduction
    5. Small tweak to Well of Souls to have in increase damage to targets that are "Alone" or have a Meteor Spread type mechanic on it.
    6. Simply have Obliterate make Shadows Touch Instant.
    Last edited by LaPengo; 01-12-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, I understand all that. What soul do we use when told to dps for things that matter, like the bosses in FT/EE? (Maybe crucia for reflect)

I would like another ST soul for ranged damage way more than only needing the other ranged soul for something other than a reflect rotation on breaths

Rift Disciple

I like those ideas and hope cab can be worked to have a little more synergy with inq and defiler.. maybe have the big ae type abilities high enough to prevent very high st and ae specs with one inq/cab hybrid.

Like use the current inq spec for burst damage, and some inq/cab type setup for higher sustained dps. Both specs equal overall and those equal to rogue/warrior/mage ranged specs.
    Last edited by Grocket; 01-12-2013 at 03:51 PM.

General of Telara

Like said , if mob are around 5 or less, shaman beat inquisitor and cab in aoe
    shaman beat cab in single target by miles ahead.

Already the 61 pointer is not good enough. The ring should be on the enemy and not on you because it force you in melee. This ring should be affected by obliterate.

=It shouldnt be a channeled , maybe more like a 1.5sec cast time . This part is optionnal if other changes occured to make it competitive. It would be like a nysyr burst and would prevent any hybrid.

I dont like the inquisitor, dont like the style of the class but i love the cab so much. Please make it being able to be brought to raid.

Rift Disciple

I could care less about how its current 61 point ability is underwhelming, or the current state of AE dps relative to the other souls.

I'm trying to imagine ways to have at least one other viable ranged RAID spec. As opposed to balancing Inq to be generally decent for stationary fights, and fights with heavy movement. To me, with appropriate balancing/buffs, I see inq/cab type hybrids to excel more with heavy movement while our current 61/11/4 would excel during stand and shoot encounters.

"Appropriate balancing/buffs" meaning whatever synergy created between inq/cab could not spawn one spec for both ST and AE

As always, any changes would adhere to the well known: "all dps that use all points for dps will do dps equal to others who dps as you dps etc etc etc blah blah" (still waiting for this one )

Basically, I want the awesomeness of rifts soul system to give us options.

So now, WTB thoughts and musings on how cab/inq synergy could be duly created cleric friends!

The only way for this to be a thing, is if we have more synergy between our souls, something we have struggled with since the great desynchronization of the shaman/druid spec.

Although i am playing around with a druid/cab build utilizing the seer fairy. So far, its meh, but im playing around the point distribution.

I wish lifes breach was a lot lower on the root. I mean, its too situational to be a 61 point skill.

I still want Sign of Asisa or w/e its called to give us a full time 1 gobal cooldown instead of 15 seconds once a min.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    I still want Sign of Asisa or w/e its called to give us a full time 1 gobal cooldown instead of 15 seconds once a min.
    I would like that too. Would allow 51 builds to be more interesting.

I like how Cabalist currently is for PvP.

Especially when combined with Defiler.

Here's a link to my guide on this combo, there are also some more PvE oriented versions in the guide sections of this forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast