+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crit, SP or both?

Default Crit, SP or both?

I have one question regarding lesser essences and gear itself.
    I have noticed that some essences have spell crit but no SP, but have higher endurance, wisdom than my equiped ones.
    So which would you suggest? That i equip all equal essences (lets say thorvan hunters honored) with 3x SP + 3x spell crit, or 3xSP and 3x with less SP and less wisdom?

thank you

Rift Disciple

Step 1: Forget about spell crit altogether.

Step 2a (DPS): Stack crit power as much as possible.
    Step 2b(Heals): Stack crit power for Warden.

Step 3: For Puri/Sent healing, stack SP.

Typically, a lesser gives 30-40 SC, 30-50SP, or 60-80CP. The scaling of SC is absolute garbage now. The fact is that my SC says that I'm only going to crit 13% of the time. However, according to all of my parses, I crit roughly 40% of the time. 3 SC lessers will yield about 1.5% additional chance to crit, whereas 3 CP lessers will grant roughly 4% more damage from crits. I used to have a ton of SP with little/no CP at all. I then got a full CP machine and CP gear and my DPS went up dramatically. CP and SP are about the same ratio of desirability for Clerics, the difference is that generally we get 50%-100% more CP on a piece of gear than SP, so generally best to run CP.

The exception is if you're healing with Puri or Sent. If you're healing with Sent, you want to keep some CP, whereas with Puri, I would get as much SP as you can muster. I would really try to forget about Spell Crit altogether now, unless they change things in the future.

Being full SP is the safest, even outside of raid/noit full raid buff you'll be very good.

The CP is good for dps, not really reliable as healer but it all depends on what you're gonna do.

The SP scale really good with our souls.

The crit power is good for the inqui ATM, since most of our dps is from nysyr, than you'll do with fanatism.
    The shaman as some crit also, 5% frm inqui, 5% frm himself, and 10% for magic abs i think, it really works well since you also use the 1min CD that increase your crit.

In term of healing, i'm not sure at 100%, but i think we often end up doing over heal when we crit, and we dont top people when we dont crit, so the idea is more to increase the base heal than the crit heal. The cooldown are there to do the explosive heals.

But you still have to know that the crit power is scalling really fast, so if you can crit often enough, this stat will be the best.

Yup, I MT heal for the most part...so I stack SP wherever possible. I'm starting to weave in CP now that I can get over 5k self buffed in most specs with a SP modifier. I'll prolly dial back more on the SP as I get more gear(raid drops have been all warrior for my raid group since launch).
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Tourniquet1 View Post
    Step 3: For Puri/Sent healing, stack SP.

The exception is if you're healing with Puri or Sent. If you're healing with Sent, you want to keep some CP, whereas with Puri, I would get as much SP as you can muster.
    Personally, I've been stacking SP. However, I do wonder how much benefit the Purifier shields would get from a higher level of CP, and also Latent Blaze (since generally we're forcing this to auto crit).

Rift Disciple

Drop the 6 Crit Power lessers you can buy from vendors in your core and don't look back. If you look at our raid gear and raid drops, we get ~200-250 CP total when fully decked in raid gear, which basically equates to "why even bother".

I'm sitting at 900 Crit Power right now and ~4700 SP in a raid setting and it's starting to really be noticeable.
    Swishers - Cleric - 4/4 FT, 3/5 EE, 4/4 DQ

FYI - Mindlessly stacking CP only is a DPS loss.
    I don't recommend you do that.
    Last edited by LaPengo; 01-11-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Rift Disciple

LaPengo is the evidently the only person in any of the servers that is saying to not stack CP. Stacking CP has worked for everyone else, not really sure why you would say not too.

CP and SP scale at roughly the same pace, except gear usually gives a decent bit more than CP than it does SP. You'll get SP naturally from your gear, your source machine is good as all CP lessers.

Again, the above statements only apply to Warden heals, and DPS. If you're asking about Puri or Sent, CP isn't bad, but still focus on SP.

Plane Walker

LaPengo didn't say not to stack CP. LaPengo said not to mindlessly stack CP.

Iri
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tourniquet1 View Post
    The exception is if you're healing with Puri or Sent. If you're healing with Sent, you want to keep some CP, whereas with Puri, I would get as much SP as you can muster.
    I agree with almost everything else, but this is wrong. Puri forces crits every 35s or so, and a crit shield is not going to overheal. Puri loves crit power.

It's kind of annoying, but the sad truth is that of our raid-viable souls, none is particularly interested in crit chance, but Sent is the only one that doesn't gain a ridiculous amount from crit power due to soul mechanics that force crits.
    Last edited by Iri; 01-12-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

As Golladan pointed out, I'm not saying "Don't stack CP", I'm saying "Don't mindlessly stack CP".

Having a full CP Sigil/Source Machine, is evidence enough that no calculations were done and you simply went with whichever gave the most CP, which is actually worse than having a mix of CP and SP Lessers. Doing so is saying CP is worth more than SP, which it isn't.

That's for DPS of course. You'll do okay with full CP, just not as good.

For Healing, none of the Crit stuff is good. I've said it a few times in my posts (Very little however) that relying on Crits while Healing is not good practice. You want to be increasing your overall Healing not just Crits. The only Class that ever as good for Crit Healing was Paladin's in WoW back in BC, but that is a different Topic. In other words, Crits are good, just not good practice.

Side Notes:
    I'm sitting at 900 Crit Power right now and ~4700 SP in a raid setting and it's starting to really be noticeable.
    No idea how you get 900 CP when some Mages who stack it only get up to 700 or so.
    Your SP is really really low... Full Raid Setting Clerics (Assuming Inquis) sit easily 5.1K or higher. Got a SS of your Stats? (Base) because I'm almost at 4700 with no buffs at all.
    Last edited by LaPengo; 01-12-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Yeah 4700 SP is pitifully low, I'm around 5500 raid buffed.

Stack CP by all means, but do not lose sight of the fact that all of our 3 dps stats work in combination with one another to generate the best overall effect.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Shield of Telara

My DPS (61 Inquis/ 11Warden/ 4Defiler) setup has me at 4510 SP and 789 CP unbuffed.
    (in the same spec with heal gear I would be at 4679 SP and 526 CP meaning I trade 169 SP for 263CP)
    My Heal (54 Puri/ 22Sent) Setup has me at 4924 SP and 526 CP unbuffed.

My change outs are:
    DPS Source machine is 6 CP Lessors (Wis +347, Int +205, CP +398, SC +34, SP +0)
    Heal Source machine is 3 CP lessors/3SP Lessors (Wis +368, Int +185, CP +199, SP +113)
    I change to Stellar Enlightened augmented Helm, Belt and Rings for Heals and Stellar Fanatical Augments on the items for DPS.

At over 31% Crit Power in Raids and 5300 SP in the DPS spec it has parsed the best for me. I have started keeping a full Crit Power setup for Warden and Puri as well recently.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Yeah 4700 SP is pitifully low, I'm around 5500 raid buffed.

Stack CP by all means, but do not lose sight of the fact that all of our 3 dps stats work in combination with one another to generate the best overall effect.
    It is hard to say this though as you have no idea how Swishers gear compares to you. Perhaps you are near BIS on many slots and he still has some blues.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

+ Reply to Thread