+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Support Build - Druid or Defiler?

Default Support Build - Druid or Defiler?

I don't have a support build for my Cleric. When I get into an Expert, I either do DPS or, if I'm asked to support, run a full Warden build which does crap for DPS. I'm looking for something that will ease the healing burden while still contributing to DPS.

Some people are swearing by Defiler builds, and others say, "Just run Druid with the healing faery". I'm looking for opinions and possibly builds/macros. Thanks in advance!
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    I don't have a support build for my Cleric. When I get into an Expert, I either do DPS or, if I'm asked to support, run a full Warden build which does crap for DPS. I'm looking for something that will ease the healing burden while still contributing to DPS.

Some people are swearing by Defiler builds, and others say, "Just run Druid with the healing faery". I'm looking for opinions and possibly builds/macros. Thanks in advance!
    61 Defiler is really really easy to run.

#show SomaticDesecration
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Somatic Desecration

as for button set up, have siphon vitality as number 1, that macro above as number two. Bond of pain as three. Explosive growth as 4 and ghastly restoration as 5 and loathsome restoration as six

Keep up bond of pain and siphon vitality
    spam your somatic/marrow macro.
    If you are in melee with at least one other person besides the tank that you are linked to, drop pain transmission.

Your 61 point talent is an amazing tank CD if the healer dies or if you know ****s bout to go down.

Keep everyone in your group Linked, if you start taking damage from bonds use Siphon Vitality to reapply your shield (or any heal)

If the healer goes down, drop your 61 point on the tank, battle rez the healer and use your Explosive Growth into Loathsome Restoration to spam heals into the tank while the healer comes alive. use Feedback for AoE healing. Remember to use Empowered Affliction a few times before going back to dps so that you do not run out of mana.

61/10/5 (Defiler/cab/inquis) is what I would run, but honestly the 15 points are preference.

I run Defilist for support in dungeons. It is basically a 40def/36 cab. This gives you 3 links to use to mitigate damage, instant spot healing, a cleanse and incrediable AE dps while doing all those things. It falls a litttle short of ST DPS, but the only time your going to need st dps is during boss fights and your going to want the extra heals there anyhow.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

defiler for sure, the damage mitigation alone will make your healers love you, then you can always tank heal in a pinch too

Iri
    Champion

Much as I love druid, defiler makes a better dungeon support. First, it's ranged. Second, the meaning of a dungeon support is a second healer, and defiler has more healing tools and better throughput than druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

I tried 61 Deflier and have saved the day more than once supporting experts. Thanks!
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Plane Touched

61 defiler is more of a solo healing soul that support.

Sure a bad healer may like you because doing an expert with 2 healers is very easy, but the dps won't be that great, you may actually do more dps as 61 sentinel from overhealing.

It will be hideously slow and you won't really add anything to the group, apart from a second healer.

40 defiler 36 cabalist can do moderate AOE on trash but on single target, (ie boss's) you will do less than most bards...

without a bard archon or beastmaster in party, 61 druid will actually do more dps than a 61 inquis soul in a static fight with 100% melee uptime because of the 255 sp bonus it gets, I get about 10k on a dummy self buffed.

you will give 255 spell power and attack power the the group (which will help the healer alot)
    Thorns of ire does 500 dps for every player hitting the mob you target
    and you add 5% group damage and a AP/SP debuff that can reduce tank damage.

Your healing faerie is also capable of outputting a fair bit of healing to aid bad healers.

But honestly until Clerics get an actual Support soul like Archon, beastmaster or Bard I would suggest not queuing as support unless your with a geared/skilled healer or tank. Or a chloromancer healer that can casually solo heal all content however geared with 1 button

Druid kinda works in
    Storm legion protocol
    Exodus of the storm queen if you really watch out for cleaves and back off for 360 cleaves some boss's do(first, second and last 1 shot under 18k hp with these).
    First boss in Empi core
    2nd boss in Unhallowed bone-forge
    First 2 boss's in Tower of the shattered, and the 4th and 5th a little less
    It will kinda work in Golem foundry if your the only melee, you can also avoid the last boss's Rotary cannon but the boss has a lethal cleave and an aoe on the tank.
    Not really in archive because you loose so much damage from not being behind the boss's, if your tanks aware he can help out on the last 3
    Last edited by Pantaliamon; 01-12-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post

Iri
    Champion

If you can't beat a sentinel on dps while outhealing a druid pet, you are playing defiler massively, massively wrong.

And once again, "support" in a dungeon doesn't mean group buffs. It means being a second healer. Defiler can do that better than druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Rift Master

Dps is always the best support.

+ Reply to Thread