+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Touch the light macros

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Luknar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default Touch the light macros

    Can we not macro Touch the light with healing abilities any longer?
    My current macro for touch the light is

    #show Touch the Light
    suppressmacrofailures
    target @mouseoverui
    cast @mouseoverui Touch the Light
    cast @mouseoverui Crucial Invocation

    I also tried it this way just incase of it beng a Non GCD
    #show touch the Light
    suppressmacrofailures
    target @mouseoverui
    cast Touch the Light
    cast @mouseoverui Crucial Invocation

    AM I setting it up wrong? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Bubbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Should work. Just need to doublehit the macro, because on first tap you activate TOL and second you cast.

    I really never got the idea of adding ToL to macros.. You can use it with so many skills in so many situations, so better just have it in different key.

    E: Why do you have cast@mouseoverui and target@mouseoverui. You should be fine using with only one of those two.
    Last edited by Bubbaz; 01-09-2013 at 04:29 AM.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Luknar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    he reason I add Target is just out of old habit...Plus Its just a prefrence as to seeing the person I am hitting my spells with..
    Nothing more then that really..
    I just wish I didnt have to Double Tap my macro, Kinda defeats making a macro to do it if I still need to hit the spell twice.
    as for making the macro, I just like having different macros for different scenarios. Like having Touch the light with Healing Catearct s I can cast a time casted spell while on the run instead of spamming infussion..just things llike that
    Last edited by Luknar; 01-09-2013 at 04:40 AM.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker The Witchking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luknar View Post
    My current macro for touch the light is

    #show touch the Light
    suppressmacrofailures
    target @mouseoverui
    cast Touch the Light
    cast @mouseoverui Crucial Invocation

    AM I setting it up wrong? Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    Change it to:


    #show touch the Light
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Touch the Light
    cast @mouseoverui Crucial Invocation


    Should work fine, just tested it with Flashover included and a Ward of Scorching on live for you.

    edit: just remember that you need to hover over a portrait or raid frames for the mouseover to work. Their player character will not trigger it.
    Last edited by The Witchking; 01-09-2013 at 05:31 AM.

    <Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Luknar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    Change it to:


    #show touch the Light
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Touch the Light
    cast @mouseoverui Crucial Invocation


    Should work fine, just tested it with Flashover included and a Ward of Scorching on live for you.

    edit: just remember that you need to hover over a portrait or raid frames for the mouseover to work. Their player character will not trigger it.

    Yea tried this out, still need to double tap for it to work.. Just dont understand why this would work for Ward of Scorching but not For Crucial Invocation which is in its on soul tree....
    Wish some of the macros would be looked into working in Synergy with each other

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Bubbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Well this causes no problem for me as i'm spamming keys like mad, to get them on the cast queue while i'm on GCD. And I think this is working as intended. 1push 1ability.

    And as for the previous ToL macro comment i made. I got over 20skills in my action bar already, why make extra buttons for ToL macros, when It's possible to have ToL on separate key and cast skills on their own. Then again - Everyone has their preferences

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Your macro is incorrect.

    It should be:

    Code:
    #show Touch the Light
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Touch the Light
    cast @mouseoverui Crucial Invocation
    You will need to hit your macro twice. The first one will cast TTL and the next is Crucial Invocation. Touch the Light is a self-buff and will never be targetted (so no need for @mouseoverui).

  8. #8
    MNM
    MNM is offline
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luknar View Post
    Yea tried this out, still need to double tap for it to work.. Just dont understand why this would work for Ward of Scorching but not For Crucial Invocation which is in its on soul tree....
    Wish some of the macros would be looked into working in Synergy with each other
    No macro will execute more than one command per press

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    No macro will execute more than one command per press
    This, it is how macros always worked in this game. Macros are a priority list, not a sequence.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaz View Post
    I really never got the idea of adding ToL to macros.. You can use it with so many skills in so many situations, so better just have it in different key.
    It saves you one slot. You can always have it macroed with an ability, and tap it only once to triger TTL for a different ability.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts