+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bubbaz

Thread: Returning player looking for decent AOE grinding spec

Soulwalker

Default Returning player looking for decent AOE grinding spec

Hi everyone
    I've returned recently to Rift and am in search of a good/decent AOE spec for my Cleric.
    When I left, probably a year ago, my cleric had a nice AOE spec but I can't remember which one
    Basicly I pulled mob with vex and then AOE'd the living daylights out of them!

Anyway, all my trees and roles got reset when I came back and I now level with a premade template called Silenus. For single targets it works just fine.

I've tried some AOE builds from the Cleric Guides forum but they don't seem to work for me....I either die quickly or it takes forever to kill the mobs. I am not that handy with macro's and actually prefer to manually push buttons so maybe it's just me.
    So...do you guys know of a nice AOE grinding spec without macro's?

Thanks for reading

Telaran

Why are you reluctant to use macroe's? They make your life easier, just as using a better spec makes your life easier. You seem to care enough of the one aspect of the game so why not the other?

Try a defiler or druid hybrids. Both should provide safe and smooth leveling.

E.G. 54 defiler-22 Inquisitor-0 cabalist wont break your DPS meter but it should provide fast and safe AOE leveling.

E.G. 54 Druid-22 Shaman-0 justicar should also provide your with smooth sailing all the way home. I just pulled this out of my arse right now, if you keep browing the forums im sure there are those who have much better examples of simmilar builds for you with macro suggestions posted alongside them.

Iri
    Champion

Try something like this. For AoE grinding, run the tank to gather everything up and turn on Spirit of Upheaval. If that doesn't kill everything fast enough for you, run the seer, do the mob-gathering yourself, and make sure that her toggle to make her abilities hit 5 targets is on and that you have her RM'd so she doesn't get blown up after her first spell reel when you turn her loose.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

High druid with justicar is great leveling build.

Druid tanking pet does great AOE, keeps aggro and heals you and itself, so you can chainpull like mad with it. Just learn how to control it.

I used to level with 16points in justicar, so i could get even justice. Deals slightly less AOE damage than Druid aoe, but heals significantly more.

Default Definitely agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaz View Post
    High druid with justicar is great leveling build.

Druid tanking pet does great AOE, keeps aggro and heals you and itself, so you can chainpull like mad with it. Just learn how to control it.

I used to level with 16points in justicar, so i could get even justice. Deals slightly less AOE damage than Druid aoe, but heals significantly more.
    Yeh, I definitely have to agree... get your 16 pts into Justicar for 'even justice' and then begin max'ing out druid. With tank pet out, I had no problem gathering up 6 or so mobs two levels higher than me and grinding them down.

Really depends on your gear how many points into justicar you will need. At first I used 21 Just (Mien of Honor + Righteous Mandate + Even Justice) with the rest of the points in druid and 0 point shaman (some people use inquisitor to range pull with vex). Then I went to 16 Justicar, rest in druid, 0 shaman. Keep righteous mandate up on your tank pet and make sure you use spirit of upheaval and toggle on his aoe attack. Between this and aid of the forest your pet should honestly be able to keep himself up without any help from you, but even justice spam makes him all that more durable. After you get some better gear I switched to (at 60) 61 druid, 12 shaman, 3 inq as I found the druid heals alone were more than sufficient to keep the tank pet up and I wanted more dps out of the build. 12 Shaman gives you the ranged shaman ability for disconnects and 3 inq gives you more SP and the crit armor. Can parse over 9k easily with this spec as well. Druid is by far my favorite cleric spec and possibly on of my favorite "classes" in any game I have played, it is a soloing monster, use it to your advantage =)
    Gromphe@Deepwood

General of Telara

I used this base spec for a while now , grinded all my way in aoe, did all my quests by mass pulling like a mofo!

<a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00oD_.tx0AG0oh.it0xkb0f.-11">Cabalist (28) / Defiler (27)</a>

you drop the beacon in what you consider your pulling point and where you think the farthest enemy wont leash back. You go around spamming siphon vitality on each enemies you wanna aoe and theyll run to your beacon. When they are all close , you do a tyranny , bound fate, desintegration , tyranny , bound fate up until it explode again , tyranny , bound fate , desint... you get the deal.

At this point you can decide which way you wanna go, more healer or more dps (but even as a healer i still do fine in aoe , i usually beat everyone in dungeon on parse while healing in aoe (before 60).

<a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00oD_.xx0VM.itVxkfofuVhR.-11">Cabalist (17) / Defiler (51)</a>

This is what i used when reaching lvl 51 in the expension. You start the same way by pulling everything with siphon vitality , when you pull the last enemy you wanted ,you add bond of pain , marrow harvest and when the enemy is near the other you spread them with unholy nexus , everything start ticking hard. Then you go tyranny + bound fate once then pain transmission and watch the glory! I went over 6k sustained no problem... oh and in this spec , you must really try hard to die, your beacon make you almost invincible and its really easy to keep it alive.

Or you could go higher cab for faster aoe but the beacon in the defiler , the husk and rampant growth talent really give you a buttload of survivability.
    Last edited by darkchicken; 01-09-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Soulwalker

Thank you very much everyone for your responses! What a great community we have here

I am trying every suggestion with different results and that's okay.
    So far anything with Druid feels good for me but also builds with Defiler and the Beacon of Despair seem to work well.
    Now it's just a matter of finding out what suits my personal playstyle.

Right now I'm going to try out the build that Darkchicken posted because it sounds very interesting.

Btw, a post I found on the Cleric Guides forum works really good too. Here's the link : http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ing-build.html
    It's not really an AOE build I think but more suited for Single targets but I can chainpull like a madman which gives pretty much the same endresult
    Last edited by Vortigen; 01-10-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Plane Walker

16 points into defiler for beacon of despair then cab until your soul chains applies tyrany to everything it hits. boom everything dies fast and you have an instant self heal. In fact the cookie cutter build trion gives you is what i have been using for my aoe spec.

+ Reply to Thread