+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question: Low Level Threat

Default Question: Low Level Threat

I am sure this has been discussed many times over, but the guides I have been looking through do not fully explain it, so here we go.

I am level 20 and about to start running some dungeons as a Cleric Tank. When I attack with the skill Strike of Judgement, I heal myself for ~40, and 4 nearby allies (due to talents) which equals 160 total healing per cast. For threat purposes does this mean I generate 560 threat against all enemies currently engaged? (160 * 350% = 560) Or does the threat multiplier from Mien of Leadership not effect healing threat?

Thanks, and sorry for the noobish question.
    Last edited by Dademore; 01-08-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dademore View Post
    I am sure this has been discussed many times over, but the guides I have been looking through do not fully explain it, so here we go.

I am level 20 and about to start running some dungeons as a Cleric Tank. When I attack with the skill Strike of Judgement, I heal myself for ~40, and 4 nearby allies (due to talents) which equals 160 total healing per cast. For threat purposes does this mean I generate 560 threat against all enemies currently engaged? (160 * 350% = 560) Or does the threat multiplier from Mien of Leadership not effect healing threat?

Thanks, and sorry for the noobish question.
    its 350% additional aggro so a total modifier of 4.5x

It used to be half as much for healing but now healing and damage are worth equal threat.

so if you hit a mob for 100 and heal 5 people for 50 each then the total amount of threat you make to the mob you just hit is [100+(50*5)]*4.5 or 1575

to any mobs that are in combat but you didn't hit, the heal threat still applies to them so it'd be 1125 threat to all the other mobs

Thats ... significant!

I played a Warrior tank when the game was first released and that kind of threat was unheard of at this level ... Fun Stuff! Cant wait to try it out in the first 2 dungeons tonight!

Rift Disciple

those are impressive numbers...But a well geared level 60 mentored down will still out-threat the tank. I really have to watch my torrents when I'm in LFG running lower level dungeons with friends.

Any idea what kind of range the heal from Salvation has?

+ Reply to Thread