Thread: Doctrine of huh?

Plane Touched

Default Doctrine of huh?

Currently my clickable heals, that I must consider if I should use them:
    My Doctrine of Loyalty heals for 355 on 10 players
    My Doctrine of Bliss heals me for 1202
    My 51p Doctrine of Authority heals 5 players for 602

in tank gear
    Hitting a mob once causes salvation to heal me and 5-6 other players for 762
    Hitting 5 mobs causes salvation to heal me and 5 other players for 422x5 - 2110
    Hitting 10 mobs with censure heals me and 5 other players for 422x10 4220!!!

something seems a little...off here?

Perhaps its worth adding to 35 point justacar talent "Divine right", also doubles the healing from doctrines?
    Could also add that it shields for double the amount on any player as over heal.
    at 38 points in the tanking soul this shouldn't unbalance PvP pve hybrid healing specs and shouldn't make every cleric suddenly spec Icar, and... will let me use Doctrines without feeling a bit stupid for wasting the global cooldown
    Last edited by Pantaliamon; 01-06-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post

I agree that doctrines were tuned too low with 1.11/2.x

They were too powerful coming into the soul revamps, no one will argue that, but what we have now is almost a waste of a global cool down (unless the tank has downtime and is waiting for ranged mobs to run to them).

Any doctrine ability should at least heal more than salvation.

the *only* reason that DoL is on my bar is just in case I need to pick up some mobs and don't have any targeted

it is 100% a waste of a GCD otherwise

IMO DoL needs to be healing for double (or more) what it is now for it to be worth casting
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 01-06-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Salvation is affected by the same healing bug that boosts chloro heals, I believe. That's why it's healing for so much more. It'll be interesting to see what happens to our threat when that bug gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    the *only* reason that DoL is on my bar is just in case I need to pick up some mobs and don't have any targeted
    Yes. You only use DoL for AoE threat if you have no target (when a new wave of mobs join the fight) and on a boss pull to build some threat so ppl can start max dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    IMO DoL needs to be healing for double (or more) what it is now for it to be worth casting
    I dont agree, In Raids DoL heals for +1,4k (didnt look the exact numbers lately but that roughly it) thats enough for its job.
    Ofc everyone loved how DoL was super OP before SL.. but lets be honest it was way too powerfull..and so was Salvation..
    DoL isnt ment for a DPS to solo heal a 10man (like it was easy doable), or even going senticar and being a heal God.. its ment as AoE threat builder..and atm everything works great.

Id love to get back +500% threat from MoL... 350% is a bit meh.. but id rather keep everything as it is atm rather than ending up broken again
    Last edited by steveirrthum; 01-08-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Oria <Exploit>

Experts / Raid Rifts / Triumph of the Dragon Queen / Frozen Tempest = World First Endless Eclipse = World/EU 2nd
    PTS Boat Race = World First

=> Cleric Tank PoV Videos <=

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Salvation is affected by the same healing bug that boosts chloro heals, I believe. That's why it's healing for so much more. It'll be interesting to see what happens to our threat when that bug gets fixed.
    As far as I can tell, it isn't.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    As far as I can tell, it isn't.
    Or if it is, It's not noticeable.

Would the talent, "Divine Right" make Doctrine's more attractive?

Basically istead of adding the additional aggro from overhealing yourself, you are increasing your EHP by adding a damage absorption shield for every point you overheal for.

Not sure if the numbers would be worth it, but nontheless it does add to your overall survivability more than Salvation ... or so it would seem.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dademore View Post
    Would the talent, "Divine Right" make Doctrine's more attractive?

Basically istead of adding the additional aggro from overhealing yourself, you are increasing your EHP by adding a damage absorption shield for every point you overheal for.

Not sure if the numbers would be worth it, but nontheless it does add to your overall survivability more than Salvation ... or so it would seem.
    Except Divine Right requires you to be at full health to trigger. So unless you're really good at timing it, you won't ever see that little shield except during the pulls if you happen to have convictions.

+ Reply to Thread