+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Defiler Solo AOE Tips go here <.....>

Rift Disciple

Default Your Defiler Solo AOE Tips go here <.....>

Hello,

I think my defiler/cab is one of the more fun builds I have played. Its extra satisfying to nuke down a large group during an planar invasion.

Problem is when I solo, my repair builds from deaths are pretty depressing. Main problem is once that Beacon of Despair goes down, its almost a guaranteed dirt nap.

1) Is there anything you can do to not die when the Beacon of Despair dies unexpectedly?
    1b) Is there any way to transfer the hate onto a new BOD in time to stay alive?

2) What is the practice or advisable limit on even con mobs you can pull and still keep the BOD up?

3) It seems like the more mobs you pull, the more time you spend healing the BOD. Am I missing something? Is there a better way?

I really like the change of pace when playing Defiler/Cab solo. Hoping for some tips from y'all to keep this option open.

Thanks!

Using this spec:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#E8Exg4h8g/Uv2El894/l

I drop the beacon, pop seeping on it. Then I use bound fate to gather up people, casting Hideous Reconstruction (the defiler HoT) on the beacon and myself between pulls.

I then do the Curse of Solitude -> Tyranny -> Bound Fate -> Disintegrate combo.

I burst the growths when the beacon is at 50%, so it gives me a buffer in case something happens.

I try to keep HR up on the beacon.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Using this spec:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#E8Exg4h8g/Uv2El894/l

I drop the beacon, pop seeping on it. Then I use bound fate to gather up people, casting Hideous Reconstruction (the defiler HoT) on the beacon and myself between pulls.

I then do the Curse of Solitude -> Tyranny -> Bound Fate -> Disintegrate combo.

I burst the growths when the beacon is at 50%, so it gives me a buffer in case something happens.

I try to keep HR up on the beacon.

Thanks Val,

You have more Cabalist than I do - maybe when I hit 60 in 2 levels I will redo mine like yours.

If anyone can specifically reply to the questions above that would be much appreciated also.

dbe
    General of Telara

I use 58 Defiler 18 Cab. Pull with siphon vitality. The last one you pull, add bond of pain and marrow harvest. Spread them with unholy nexus. Then add tyranny of death and spread THAT with bound fate. This is the basic setup.

If you're fighting 1-2, add curse of discord to each, and use pain transmission (stand in melee range). If more than 4, just keep spamming bound fate and re--up tyranny when it expires, and spread it again.

Ghastly restoration is not on the GCD, so keep it a separate button from loathsome, and you can heal the beacon without interrupting your damage (once). Pulling 6-8 is doable, will need a heal on the beacon, maybe 2. The game rarely lends itself to pulling more than that anyway.

You can also use this spec for support in dungeons. You're only missing unstable trans, you've got all 4 links, decent ST damage, and good aoe. Macro dark water on top of somatic desecration, and keep up curse of discord for ST damage, in addition to defiler stuff. I like to get up dark, siphon, and curse in a row because they're all 15 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by riftyman View Post
    1) Is there anything you can do to not die when the Beacon of Despair dies unexpectedly?
    Put up a husk and drop a new beacon and keep going. Unless you overpulled you should stay up a lot longer than the beacon. Your heals on yourself will generate agro and that will swing mobs off you. The heal bond and Nexus on a mob hitting on you will also peel them back pretty fast, and heal you as they hit you.

1b) Is there any way to transfer the hate onto a new BOD in time to stay alive?
    Bonds and the AoE heal snaps a lot back, a few will need DPS to get down. It's a razer edge though, which is why I love that part of the class. You can be doing amazing things and just totally lose it. Normally the husk is just enough to peel most back before you start taking too much damage.

2) What is the practice or advisable limit on even con mobs you can pull and still keep the BOD up?
    Push it, and push it more. It's fun to take it to breaking point and them some. Only by pushing how many you grab can you really see what the class can do, more mobs = more dps.

3) It seems like the more mobs you pull, the more time you spend healing the BOD. Am I missing something? Is there a better way?
    No, spread a little bond damage debuff with nexus and they kill themselves. 2 GCDs and return to heals, you will get more than enough foul growth down after nexus. If you have time use the heal bond as well. But that takes it up to 3gcds and you might not have time to keep the heals going.

Make sure you turn on all scrolling text to get the full effect. When you see your damage going up and your absorbs and heals going down, it's a screen full of wonderful addictive numbers.
    Last edited by Shibi; 01-06-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

12 justicar and put RM on your beacon. Or even 16 justicar so you can spam even justice while waiting for nexus/transmission to cool down. You can basically pull as many mobs as you can find nearby.

After trying it both ways, I didn't find cab necessary at all. 51+ defiler does plenty of aoe damage already, especially if you can fill with EJ. And is much safer. Also useful in group play instead of just being a gimmick solo spec.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Oh and this is indispensable:

Cancelbuff summon beacon of despair

Put that in a macro and put it on your bar. Thank me later
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

+ Reply to Thread