+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defiler dps

Ascendant

Default Defiler dps

At work and bored. Has anyone attempted a hybrid dps build like this. 42 Def/ 23 Inq/ 11 Ward. http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...a/UgBkEwEix0/E Just looking to switch things up in 5 mans and as we all know, ranged clerics are quite limited in their dps options. I am fully aware that 61 Inq is the top and really the only recognized ranged ST spec for us right now. With this build you do lose the extra hit of Pain Transmission from the 30% link but you pick up +10% to Dots/Delayed, +10% Crit Chance, +10% SP, and +9% to ST damage. You also gain Soul Drain for aoe that is going to catch a nice boost from the defiler tree with +20% to death damage.

In this build i would still only be using defiler abilities with Bond of Pain and Siphon Vitality on separate key binds. I would macro Tidal Surge w/ Pain Transmission (using PT when available and preferably in melee range to get 4 hits on a ST) and have Marrow Harvest and Somatic Desecration together to keep 100% up time on MH. Another benefit of this build would be the 20% mitigation on the tank to possibly help out with a slightly undergeared healer rather than having a full on support. I didnt put this together with any thoughts of healing but the 20% on tank is nice nice and you still carry the explosive growth nuke if things get crazy.

If there are any other builds out there particularly for single target ranged dps please suggest them so i can avoid 61 inquisitor for a while.

Plane Touched

I can't really comment because I do only PVP (so no Pain Transmission for example), but if you want to mix defiler and inq, I would also try 36 inq / 40 defiler, in particular to reach armor of awakening.
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

Ascendant

yea i thought about 36 Inq as well but i felt like the dps from pain transmission (with tidal surge every 3rd cast) would be much greater than the 10% damage boost from armor. For fights that make melee near impossible, armor of awakening would probably be the best way to go.

+ Reply to Thread