+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Bug] Sentinel - Light of Redemption Disabled

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bizar View Post
    Not sure how long you had known how to do it. However once I saw you with it in warfronts I logged my Cleric and figured out how to do it in about 5 mins, then reported it. I'm surprised you were the only person to get banned for it to be honest.

I'm glad Trion are taking action against this sort of abuse. Hope they start dealing with bot fishers next... oh wait.
    Fishbotting? Perfectly okay, go ahead. No punishments will ever be dealt out.

Stacking buffs/other exploits? Perfectly okay, go ahead. Minor punishments at best.

Report a bug? PREPARE TO DIE.

Trion actively encourage and defend fishbotters.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Fishbotting? Perfectly okay, go ahead. No punishments will ever be dealt out.

Stacking buffs/other exploits? Perfectly okay, go ahead. Minor punishments at best.

Report a bug? PREPARE TO DIE.

Trion actively encourage and defend fishbotters.
    Wasn't it SOE who would ban people for reporting an exploit if they explained how the exploit worked?

That wasn't the case here though. It may have been reported. However, it was also exploited over quite a number of warfronts by those who claimed to have reported it.

Edit: Just to add. Fishbotting is quite hard to prove by the Devs. However someone running around with 20 stacks of a buff they shouldn't have 20 stacks of, clearly healing people in zones they shouldn't be healing, whilst in the same guild... is quite easy to prove.
    Last edited by Bizar; 01-07-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    Biz - L60/P81 Warrior

If totalfishweekly >= 10000 then player = bot
    If player = bot then call("ban")

Func Ban()
    If playerbantime <= 1 then call("ban24h")
    Elseif playerbantime <= 4 then call ("ban48h")
    Elseif playerbantime <= 6 then call ("ban72h")
    Else call ("banperm")
    EndFunc

Easy fix for fishbotting ;)
    World Progress Ranking Website
    (Don't forget to MouseOver Dates or Points to see details !)

Experts W#1 | Crucia W#1 | Regulos W#2
    www.aethys.eu

The obvious aspect that I see that no one has brushed on is that Trion banned a player that was intentionally ruining other players game experience every single warfront they decided to use this bug in.

Yes a bug like stacking power stones isn't something that should be done, obviously, and I honestly think those players should have had their loot/kill removed. That being said, they weren't ruining other player's game experience in the process and causing some of them to rage/log.

I think the punishment fits the crime... you knowingly used a game break and caused others to not want to play by doing it. Frankly, had you only used it to make speed 5 mans or raid then I am not so sure you would have been banned.

(and b4 the flamers start up, no, I never went against him in a warfront so this isn't a backlash post... it is just my opinion and an aspect that I think Trion may have taken into consideration when dealing with the player)
    Last edited by Mallina; 01-07-2013 at 11:16 AM.

I always find it a bit ridiculous when a game bans players for something their developers coded. Also Q&A should have caught this a long time ago. Who knows how many guilds have already used this bugged ability to clear content will those players be banned? I somehow doubt it, but they ban a player that submitted it in a bug report?
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Soulwalker

Default Shuch a load of crap

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    Hello everyone,

We've had to disable the 61 point Sentinel ability, Light of Redemption, due to a bug.

Thank you to everyone who reported it, and we hope to have it active again soon.
    I regret paying you guys a year ahead PLEASE get us a new Dev one that has a clue. The cleric is just gone to crap,

Soulwalker

Default Good Game Trion

Quote Originally Posted by TherealBusty View Post
    I regret paying you guys a year ahead PLEASE get us a new Dev one that has a clue. The cleric is just gone to crap,
    Completly Agree. RIght now we are behind on just about everthing. Lets see Dps yep that right where in last place. Healing oh ya we cant compete with a Mage. Support... still done better by ever class. Tanking salvation buggs out randomly still and our threat from healing stops working randomly. Work Right now I think we just about the last place at everthing its not even close to the other classes. If they want people in this game to keep playing cleric or even this game they need to fix stuff faster. SL has been out for a while now. I understand it takes some time, but the game shouldnt still have this many bugs or be this unblanced still. I think there should be hot fixes DAILY at this Point! If they dont want to drive everyone away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallina View Post
    The obvious aspect that I see that no one has brushed on is that Trion banned a player that was intentionally ruining other players game experience every single warfront they decided to use this bug in.

Yes a bug like stacking power stones isn't something that should be done, obviously, and I honestly think those players should have had their loot/kill removed. That being said, they weren't ruining other player's game experience in the process and causing some of them to rage/log.

I think the punishment fits the crime... you knowingly used a game break and caused others to not want to play by doing it. Frankly, had you only used it to make speed 5 mans or raid then I am not so sure you would have been banned.

(and b4 the flamers start up, no, I never went against him in a warfront so this isn't a backlash post... it is just my opinion and an aspect that I think Trion may have taken into consideration when dealing with the player)
    Lol, I used it like 1hour Friday and 2hour Saturday.

I don't think it's ruining all the wf all the day ;)

And it was to know if I was able to heal in 2 wf at the same time. And yes it's possible if they are on the same cluster.

www.aethys.eu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aethys View Post
    Lol, I used it like 1hour Friday and 2hour Saturday.

I don't think it's ruining all the wf all the day ;)

And it was to know if I was able to heal in 2 wf at the same time. And yes it's possible if they are on the same cluster.
    Hey man, NQ would have totally killed Maelforge first without exploits. No harm no foul
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-07-2013 at 12:17 PM.

My mistake, you where griefing pvpers on multiple warfronts at the same time. Thank you for the clarification.

Taking it upon yourself to stretch a bug to see just how much you can exploit with it somehow makes it ok? Not sure why you felt you needed to "see" if you could do it in multiple warfronts after discovering and reporting it. It looks like Trion doesn't see why you needed to find out either.

To know that there is no range limit in addition that this ability could be stacked

www.aethys.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Aethys View Post
    Sooo, people enter warfronts.

Step 1: Ask if it is working
    Step 2: Find out it is
    Step 3: Remove bugged buff and finish/leave warfront without exploiting.

Unfortunately you repeatedly forgot about Step 3.
    Biz - L60/P81 Warrior

Soulwalker

A little surprised we haven't heard anymore as to when we can expect to have this skill back, I mean it's not a huge increase in healing but you still can notice a bit of a difference healing experts without it currently.

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #59
    Rift Team

Hey all,

There's a fix in for this. It should be re-enabled once the next hotfix hits.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

There's a fix in for this. It should be re-enabled once the next hotfix hits.
    Thanks Kervik! Think it might be tomorrow? Please say tomorrow . Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast