+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Bug] Sentinel - Light of Redemption Disabled

Accepting donations to post bail Aethys.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    If you knew anything about how this bug worked you'd understand just how stupid you look.

1 Mage can't solo heal Crucia or Regulos, a 61 Sentinel could. Leaving 17 DPS to go crazy and pick up an easy kill.
    and my point still stands the same. i know exactly how screwed up it is. rather than fix it they just disable it. they took the lazy *** way out. its really starting to look like Trion's approach to everything lately. ignore it, itll go away, or disable it, itll give us a couple weeks to be lazy still

Quote Originally Posted by Jimcy View Post
    and my point still stands the same. i know exactly how screwed up it is. rather than fix it they just disable it. they took the lazy *** way out. its really starting to look like Trion's approach to everything lately. ignore it, itll go away, or disable it, itll give us a couple weeks to be lazy still
    They disable it, while they work on a fix. Don't be thick.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Ahh, the good 'ol Trion "fix", wonder what our new 61 point skill will be called.....
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    They disable it, while they work on a fix. Don't be thick.
    The fix is already up.
    They hotfixed me 1 hour before the ban. (I was able to put only 1 stack on only 1 ally, what the ability should do)

I think they're waiting a class dev at the office to push it on live.
    R.I.P. Aethys, French Cleric.

Suspension on 06/01/2013 at 00:10 (GMT +1)
    Expires on 07/03/2013 at 17:08 (GMT +1)

Ascendant

Glad to see Trion is handing out proper punishments for those who abused this.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Glad to see Trion is handing out proper punishments for those who abused this.
    Yes, ban someone using a bug for 2 hours in PVP for 2 months just because trion are really good at designing skills that totally work as intended. I mean its not like were stacking powerstones for 4 months in PVE and not getting banned at all right?

Will smith best rapper 2013 #SWAG

Telaran

or farming TDQ 10 times a day using a bug ....

(Retired) Shaykeyurass - Tabouret TDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CoooKi3 View Post
    Yes, ban someone using a bug for 2 hours in PVP for 2 months just because trion are really good at designing skills that totally work as intended. I mean its not like were stacking powerstones for 4 months in PVE and not getting banned at all right?
    You're correct; anyone exploiting should get suspended/banned.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    You're correct; anyone exploiting should get suspended/banned.
    I fail too see how the punishment fits the crime. Aethys actually reported the bug when it was discovered, or maybe it was someone else but it wasn't left un-reported from the people that were PVPing. The ban was also very inconsistent as aethys seems to be the only person banned even tho there were a couple of other clerics at least in europe's battle grounds using this bug.

So from what we got from this, Don't report these bugs and abuse them in PVE and let them go unnoticed for months so your players don't get banned. If we had known reporting the bug and getting banned was the punishment we would have just sat our clerics in tempest bay healing our raid on the regulos encounter and totally cheesed it for a kill because why not right?

Anyways not a huge issue aethys will probably get unbanned because it was pretty ******ed he was even banned in the first place. Obviously some brain dead GM slamming the ban hammer before he assessed the situation.

Champion

I fail too see how the punishment fits the crime. Aethys actually reported the bug when it was discovered, or maybe it was someone else but it wasn't left un-reported from the people that were PVPing. The ban was also very inconsistent as aethys seems to be the only person banned even tho there were a couple of other clerics at least in europe's battle grounds using this bug.

So from what we got from this, Don't report these bugs and abuse them in PVE and let them go unnoticed for months so your players don't get banned. If we had known reporting the bug and getting banned was the punishment we would have just sat our clerics in tempest bay healing our raid on the regulos encounter and totally cheesed it for a kill because why not right?

Anyways not a huge issue aethys will probably get unbanned because it was pretty ******ed he was even banned in the first place. Obviously some brain dead GM slamming the ban hammer before he assessed the situation.
    But did he report it > then use the bug in wf's? if so he did it clearly for personal gain then good riddance. lucky he didnt get perma banned
    Last edited by istrikeanywhere; 01-06-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Plane Walker

No you report the bugs and don't use them, it's really simple. rofl.
    Last edited by Whaitiing; 01-06-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Whaitiing View Post
    No you report the bugs and don't use them, it's really simple. rofl.
    Or, we could do this.

1. Not report bugs
    2. Use the bugs to our advantage in PVE
    3. Kill regulos
    4. Not get banned.

Or, we could do this.

1. Not report bugs
    3. Kill regulos
    4. Not get banned.

You could.. but you would probably be banned permanently in that case.

Better off just reporting them and then not using them at all

Plane Walker

Or, we could do this.

1. Not report bugs
    3. Kill regulos
    4. Not get banned.
    haha

/10chars

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast