Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Cleric Class Lead?

Default Cleric Class Lead?

I've seen posts from several people saying that Zinbik is no longer with us, and that Kervik is now doing double duty as mage and cleric class lead. I did a forum search for zinbik and for cleric class lead and saw no recent threads with dev posts.

Can anyone give an authoritative link showing that we've lost our lead? If not, I'd settle for a response from Kervik.

That's basically all the known info as far as the community is aware. They kept it all very hush hush, and i can't blame them. The players blow up over the smallest things, so hearing their Dev has "abandoned them" for example, would make the forums QQ pretty intense even though that's completely false.

I guess an explanation would be nice for those not in the know, but it really doesn't affect them as players. They could still play this game without that knowledge and wouldn't know the wiser. Kervik will continue to work on our class and do what needs to be done. In all fairness, there isn't much to fix except maybe Druid and i expect he'll do a good job at it. At the very least, we'll surely get some OP specs for a little while :P

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Plane Walker

Anyone actually shedding any tears either way?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyftov View Post
    Anyone actually shedding any tears either way?
    Zinbik is a good dev, I'll miss him if he's not the cleric lead anymore.

As far as this being a "known thing", that has yet to be proven, at least in this thread. I've seen no official word on whether or not he's still our lead. For all we know, he's still on vacation and Kervik is responding to cleric issues in the interim.

Let's just hope we'll have a real dev who communicate with us, and who bring us on par with the other callings ( and by that, i mean, if all the other callings are bigged and OP, make us as OP as them for the time being, i dont want to be the class who do less than every other just cause our dev is really trying to fine tune us, and not make our game experience enjoyable )

We dont want much more than communication, it could be good to have some talk with our dev to actually know what he want to do with us, with our souls and that kind of things.

It was recently Christmas holidays, New Year's, early January.
    Usually that's when a lot of people take annual leave.

My guess is that Zinbik is taking his annual leave. Thus why you had Daglar posting in all the class sub-forums instead of the devs until recently. Probably cause they were all on holidays.

I've said it many times and i still believe Zinbik was the best class Developer.

He made Clerics balanced, which ultimately is the goal for all devs, however when you think about it, every other class has had "OP specs/abilities" or severely underpowered souls. Clerics have not had that problem in a very long time.

As much as we rip on Druid, it was still playable before Storm Legion. The last "omg OP" i can remember was way back in 1.2 when Obliterate was demolishing everyone in Black Garden. I suppose you can make an argument for the current Nysyr's Rebuke.. But remember Rapid Fire Shot? Remember Cornered Beast? Remember 1.4 (?) Cinder+fulminate? Nysyr's is not that bad.

Since 1.2, we've had so little problems with our class and if we did, they were address and fixed immediately and for good. None of this "sorry, i'll try again next week". Zinbik, though quiet in the community, was definitely hard at work and gave us an extremely well balanced class.

The only problem is that the Cleric *looked* underpowered compared to the rest - simply due to the fact all other classes did not have balanced specs.

I'm confident that Kervik will do us justice, but expect a few more OP specs within the first couple of weeks for each patch. Zinbik never let that happen.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Quote Originally Posted by starg View Post
    ...and not make our game experience enjoyable...
    mhmm.

That would be a sad thing.

Anyway Zibnik or whatever his name was was gone WAY before christmas, he's up to about 5 or 6 weeks at least. This is not annual leave, assuming you would even take annual leave in winter?
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    mhmm.

That would be a sad thing.

Anyway Zibnik or whatever his name was was gone WAY before christmas, he's up to about 5 or 6 weeks at least. This is not annual leave, assuming you would even take annual leave in winter?
    This is a valid point, Monday will make 1 month exactly since we've seen a post from him.

I'd still like to hear something from someone with a purple name, though.
    Last edited by Pork Star; 01-06-2013 at 12:50 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I can confidently say you're in good hands with Kervik. Kervik and Aillion were always the best class devs in my opinion however Kervik seems to have a penchant for making the mage dps specs overly complicated and I wonder if that will happen to clerics too! Best of luck to him!
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    I can confidently say you're in good hands with Kervik. Kervik and Aillion were always the best class devs in my opinion however Kervik seems to have a penchant for making the mage dps specs overly complicated and I wonder if that will happen to clerics too! Best of luck to him!
    I hope he does mage DPS specs are my favorite to play out of any of the callings.

Quote Originally Posted by starg View Post
    Let's just hope we'll have a real dev who communicate with us, and who bring us on par with the other callings ( and by that, i mean, if all the other callings are bigged and OP, make us as OP as them for the time being, i dont want to be the class who do less than every other just cause our dev is really trying to fine tune us, and not make our game experience enjoyable )

We dont want much more than communication, it could be good to have some talk with our dev to actually know what he want to do with us, with our souls and that kind of things.

^^^^^====== This. I have never complained on these boards for anything, and I have been here since the start. But our go to guy for clerics has been awful in comparison to the other classes. His lack of communication is inexcusable and the very FEW responses he has ever given have generally been demeaning, rude and/or giving a general I don't care attitude. To be flat honest I hope they canned him. Even if we are down the priority list for another developer, hopefully we will get some love. Because right now we have been neglected for so long. Good riddance I say. Good riddance.

And yes this has been my very first time actually not supporting their staff. RIFT/Trion has some amazing staffers. I <3 them dearly. Just this joker needed to be gone..
    --------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Expax View Post
    ^^^^^====== This. I have never complained on these boards for anything, and I have been here since the start. But our go to guy for clerics has been awful in comparison to the other classes. His lack of communication is inexcusable and the very FEW responses he has ever given have generally been demeaning, rude and/or giving a general I don't care attitude. To be flat honest I hope they canned him. Even if we are down the priority list for another developer, hopefully we will get some love. Because right now we have been neglected for so long. Good riddance I say. Good riddance.

And yes this has been my very first time actually not supporting their staff. RIFT/Trion has some amazing staffers. I <3 them dearly. Just this joker needed to be gone..
    LOL, you're nuts. Zinbik was the best. He had a sense of humor but was never unprofessional.

I'll give it another week, if nothing has been said, I'll wonder who my new foster daddy is.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    LOL, you're nuts. Zinbik was the best. He had a sense of humor but was never unprofessional.
    He was the worst because he was the only dev that properly balanced his class' dps.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast