+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabalist Vs. Saboteur?

Shadowlander

Default Cabalist Vs. Saboteur?

Hey all,

I'm just (re)starting and I like the idea of strong AoE DPS class (numbers <3). I'm wondering how Cab's compare with Sab's at end-game with comparable gear (PvE and PvP)?

Anyone played both? What are the major differences?
    Last edited by Apatheist; 01-05-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Telaran

Sabs are very bursty and they just spike alot of damage in one shot. While cabs are always putting out damage in a lot of smaller numbers. Also Sabs have to control themselves and constantly use Instigate i think its called to transfer their threat while cabs get a passive that lowers their threat so they can go all out without worries.

Shadowlander

Hm OK thanks. I mostly didn't want to pick one or the other and get to 60 and find out the one I didn't pick was miles ahead in DPS or no utility, etc.

Cheers
    Last edited by Apatheist; 01-05-2013 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Hm OK thanks. I mostly didn't want to pick one or the other and get to 60 and find out the one I didn't pick was miles ahead in DPS or no utility, etc.

Cheers
    You are not leveling a Cabalist or Saboteur, you are leveling a Cleric or Rogue. You get up to 6 roles, you're going to be using more than one especially if you do group content (which is usually where you use the AoE roles). Clerics have several different healing roles, can tank, have the most bursty ST DPS in the game, and Druid which is arguably the best soloing soul in the game and excellent small group support. Rogues can tank, have a lot more variation in DPS roles, and Bard which is the most flexible support class in the game (also required support for raiding).

As far as Cab and Sab themselves, they both have excellent DPS when played well, and they both have lots of crowd control, Cab has better utility though with an interrupt, purge, and gather.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-05-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Champion of Telara

If you are planing on Raiding and do not like healing then DO NOT GO CLERIC.

We are last in DPS in most situations in raids.

If you are more into PVP and could not care less about raiding then cleric is a good choice.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

If you want more burst sabs your man, more utility cab.
    Cab has very decent spike and steady dps, but I think sab does more overall damage.

But I have no raid information.
    Last edited by Eughe; 01-05-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Default Cabalist in PvP

As others have said in previous posts, Cabalist is not nearly as strong a burst aoe damage dealer. Being that in pvp the only real damage is burst damage, this makes the uses for Cabalist few and far between. This soul has decent utility that helps to offset its relative fail at killing things in large quantities. Sabo is by far the superior soul for pvp as it also does very well 1v1 or in smaller groups of half a dozen, whereas a Cabalist will not survive against any serious attack up close. Cabalist will only do sufficient dps when its abilities hit max number of targets.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 01-09-2013 at 05:32 AM.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Grenades > Magic
    Valliac - Eth - Rogue
    Brongor - Dwarf - Warrior
    Sevisa - Kelari - Cleric

+ Reply to Thread