+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warden in 10-man raids

Rift Disciple

Default Warden in 10-man raids

Hello!

My specific query is whether it is superior to go 58 or 61 warden in 10-man raids. I have not found easy ways yet to theory-test this, myself, so I'd like input.

Talking things over with several guildies (our cleric tank and chloro healer, specifically), we feel that once you have the raid warden crystal that boosts Bosun's it's likely a done deal and 61 Warden looks superior. Until that time, though, it's very tempting to go 58 Warden, stick to a 2-piece set bonus (which allows for more efficient gear choices), and have a few extra points for superior talents in other trees. After all, Warden can do without the aoe heal threat reduction, for instance.

Note, that I am not arguing whether Warden is the right raid slot for any particular fight, just what the right "load-out" is for a cleric as Warden aoe burst healer in 10-man raids.
    History is not written by those who are right,
    But by those who are left.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarion View Post
    Hello!

My specific query is whether it is superior to go 58 or 61 warden in 10-man raids. I have not found easy ways yet to theory-test this, myself, so I'd like input.

Talking things over with several guildies (our cleric tank and chloro healer, specifically), we feel that once you have the raid warden crystal that boosts Bosun's it's likely a done deal and 61 Warden looks superior. Until that time, though, it's very tempting to go 58 Warden, stick to a 2-piece set bonus (which allows for more efficient gear choices), and have a few extra points for superior talents in other trees. After all, Warden can do without the aoe heal threat reduction, for instance.

Note, that I am not arguing whether Warden is the right raid slot for any particular fight, just what the right "load-out" is for a cleric as Warden aoe burst healer in 10-man raids.
    It depends what you'd be using those 3 points for in other trees really. For Warden there isn't really any talent that's right at that level that is useful, it would just be more +healing from sentinel or more +spellpower from inquisitor. Maybe when the proc bug is fixed it will be worth exploring but I don't think it outweighs Bosun's at the moment.

Ascendant

Stick with 61 Warden

Rift Disciple

The extra points would be 3 pts in Thoughtful (Sentinel), which is 6% extra heals on your Wave of Renewal, Downpour, and Healing Cataract.
    History is not written by those who are right,
    But by those who are left.

I've just stuck with 61 Warden.

+ Reply to Thread