+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Gear/Calculation Spreadsheet (focused on Inquisitor, for now)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    The XML dump is worthless, the values don't seem to match reality. In principle, maybe you could reverse it, but that'd be more work than just solving for them directly.

At least for warrior's it followed a strictly linear progression from near zero to full expert gear, for both Weapon DMG and AP.

Good to see this getting worked on for clerics. Drop me or MealRain a PM, we're (slowly) working on a revised version for Warrior's. It sounds like you've got this one all solved though.
    While I did know about the shard-first XML (this is actually how I populated my gear data), I didn't know about the skill XML. Taking an initial look over it, I'm not sure what to make of it. It is missing coefficients/multipliers for a lot of spells, and for the ones that it does have (such as scourge), it isn't making any sense so far. I'll need to spend some more time looking at it, but I'm also thinking that it will probably be worthless. I'll probably just continue doing what I've been doing for deriving the raw skill formulas.

Quote Originally Posted by Griedus View Post
    Yes, I tested at multiple gear levels. I think you may not have taken the constant into account.

Let us say that the damage formula for some theoretical attack is 0.75x + 50.

At 100 SP, this attack would do 125 damage.

At 4000 SP, this attack would do 3050 damage.

If you didn't think that the damage formula had a constant, you would think that the SP coefficient was changing since it would be 125/100 = 1.25 at 100 SP and 3050/4000 = 0.7625 at 4000 SP.

You should be able to use my spreadsheet to calculate the expected values and compare them with what you see in-game at multiple gear levels. If they don't match with what you see, please let me know.

yep, i knew it had a constant but I was using the base spell damage as the constant XD

great work here, i've been wondering when someone is going to do a full DPS spreadsheet

Soulwalker

Still curious as to how this will compare to Bowlerhat's BiS list, this is specific to Inquisitor and the stat weights might not be right still? or is it good to go now?

Have been using Vexxx's list for tanking, will start using this list for Inquisitor if all is sorted out
    Last edited by Feynar; 01-04-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feynar View Post
    Still curious as to how this will compare to Bowlerhat's BiS list, this is specific to Inquisitor and the stat weights might not be right still? or is it good to go now?
    I think its a bit too early to say for sure because no one has really had the time or resources to do super detailed testingm, crit power kind of threw a wrench in everything

I'd say just use either one, by the time it really matters (in the coming tier's of content) all this will have been sorted out
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 01-04-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Still curious as to how this will compare to Bowlerhat's BiS list
    Is Bowler's up yet? I can't seem to see it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Griedus View Post
    I've already begun work on the warden calculations, though there are still some issues that I'm wrestling with. I'll let you know when I have an update.
    Great! Look forward to hearing from you.
    Yes, I raid in pink, what of it?
    FT: 4/4 :: EE:4/5
    Not copying strats since 2011

Have been using Vexxx's list for tanking, will start using this list for Inquisitor if all is sorted out
    My lists should compare very closely considering I use a similar technique to derive stat weights. Griedus goes a few steps further towards a complete DPS calculator though. The largest contributor to stat weight variance are raid buffs, so provided they are all properly factored the list ordering should be very similar.

Crit Power is the stat that swings the most with raid buffs. Crit Power is also valued a lot lower in healing builds since Lethal Poison doesn't apply to heals. I have currently profiled all souls except Defiler and Druid. There is some small variance between the various DPS souls, and a similar variance between the HEAL souls, so if you were looking for some rough guidelines you could generate a generic DPS weight and a generic HEAL weight. Crit Power is better favoured for DPS roles and SP for healing roles. Due to some botched itemisation weighting by Trion ANYTHING with Crit Rating on it is going to be garbage, but more on that in a future thread.

This is a great resource and I can fully appreciate the amount of work put into it

Soulwalker

Default would be great if it worked

On the google site the drop down menus do not work, I just get a message saying "validation: select from drop down menu" but clicking on the drop down arrow does nothing. (using Google chrome) Downloading to excel yields the items from the drop down menu but does not change any of the stats accordingly when you select an item.
    Last edited by KellyAZ; 01-08-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyAZ View Post
    On the google site the drop down menus do not work, I just get a message saying "validation: select from drop down menu" but clicking on the drop down arrow does nothing. (using Google chrome) Downloading to excel yields the items from the drop down menu but does not change any of the stats accordingly when you select an item.
    the google doc is set to "read only", you have to go to file > make a copy in order to copy it to your own google docs at which point you can edit it.

Shadowlander

There's a bug in the Hit calculation on the EquipStats sheet - it's set to 448 instead of summing the Hit of the selected equipment.

Plane Touched

I'm not sure if an error was introduced in saving from google docs to my local, but I found that all of the calculations resulted in #NA error. Did some digging and discovered that it was due to excel calculating the main hand and offhand even though a 2H was selected. The calculations on a blank drop down box resulted in the #NA which carried through to all of the calculations across all of the spreadsheets. This same error would be introduced if any of the fields were not defined, but is easily worked around.

On sheet "EquipStats", replace the formula '=sum(C3:C40)' located in C42 with the formula '{=SUM(IF(ISNA(C3:C40),0,C3:C40))}', which nullfies the #NA errors located above. The squiggly brackets '{' and '}' represent and Control-shift-enter function, which will only work if all three buttons are pressed together when editting of the formula bar is finished. This should probably be done for all of the remaining columns.

Really really awesome job creating this spreadsheet and thank you thank you thank you. I don't know what caused the error (I'm using Excel 2010) and saved the spreadsheet to local. It doesn't appear to have the same issue in google docs so its probably something to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicWaltz View Post
    I'm not sure if an error was introduced in saving from google docs to my local, but I found that all of the calculations resulted in #NA error. Did some digging and discovered that it was due to excel calculating the main hand and offhand even though a 2H was selected. The calculations on a blank drop down box resulted in the #NA which carried through to all of the calculations across all of the spreadsheets. This same error would be introduced if any of the fields were not defined, but is easily worked around.

On sheet "EquipStats", replace the formula '=sum(C3:C40)' located in C42 with the formula '{=SUM(IF(ISNA(C3:C40),0,C3:C40))}', which nullfies the #NA errors located above. The squiggly brackets '{' and '}' represent and Control-shift-enter function, which will only work if all three buttons are pressed together when editting of the formula bar is finished. This should probably be done for all of the remaining columns.

Really really awesome job creating this spreadsheet and thank you thank you thank you. I don't know what caused the error (I'm using Excel 2010) and saved the spreadsheet to local. It doesn't appear to have the same issue in google docs so its probably something to do with that.
    don't save a local copy in excel format, you have to just use the google docs "make a copy" function. Its still in google docs but its in your google docs account and editable by you.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    don't save a local copy in excel format, you have to just use the google docs "make a copy" function. Its still in google docs but its in your google docs account and editable by you.
    That said, I much prefer having a local copy so I can play around with the spreadsheet on my own time on or offline. I am much more familiar with the excel interface rather than google docs, and am generally very stubborn about which programs I use. As such, my previous post was just a bug fix for others if they should choose to also save to local drives.

Plane Walker

This is really cool, nice job. Quick question, is GE parse the calculated dps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2