+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any chance we can replace crit power with....

Soulwalker

Inquisitors starting a fight by bursting 20k would be Fanaticism + Nysyrs Rebuke? Wicked combo but two cooldowns on 45 and 60 second CD should be big burst for any class

Quote Originally Posted by Tonucken View Post
    Inquisitors starting a fight by bursting 20k would be Fanaticism + Nysyrs Rebuke? Wicked combo but two cooldowns on 45 and 60 second CD should be big burst for any class
    actually it's fanaticism+bolt of depravity+tidal surge+nysyr's rebuke+reset cooldowns+fanaticism+bolt of depravity+nysyr's rebuke.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    actually it's fanaticism+bolt of depravity+tidal surge+nysyr's rebuke+reset cooldowns+fanaticism+bolt of depravity+nysyr's rebuke.
    Curious, does Tidal Surge work on all 3 ticks of Nysyr's or just the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by Saralene View Post
    Curious, does Tidal Surge work on all 3 ticks of Nysyr's or just the first one?
    All ticks. The forced crit from Fanaticism would only apply to the first tick, however the "residual" +crit chance from Fanatic's Faith applies to the whole channel, that's why you use Fanaticism on BoD first.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    All ticks. The forced crit from Fanaticism would only apply to the first tick, however the "residual" +crit chance from Fanatic's Faith applies to the whole channel, that's why you use Fanaticism on BoD first.
    Wow. Thanks for the explanation.
    Saralene - Cleric || Wolfsbane

No.
    Crit Power is a good stat for DPS.
    Healing on the other hand, its near worthless. Haste (at least in Rift) wouldn't work well...

FFXI did not have a haste 'stat' either. It just had an innate speed on autoattack that could be modified very slightly with buffs from spells and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybadlady View Post
    Haste?

Just a thought. I know as a healer primarily and at these gear levels id rather be able to get me some haste to lower the gcd without talents and help regen maybe add a tick to our hots and lower sheild burnout cd.

Im all happy for the extra itemization that trion has introduced. I just dont see how only one more stat acheives a good mix. If we are gonna have to make a choice on stats it should be more then crit vs crit power since crit power imo is a waste until our crit is at minimum 30%. I even feel talents in dps trees should get same makeover instead of putting 3 points in armor pen it be better to have to choose between ap and a armor pen stat. It be a nice balance all around.
    What we've found in our guild is that crit power is awesome when in a raid and pretty much garbage outside of that. Sure it can be decent in an expert if you have an Archon or Bard, but not as effective as when you are fully raid buffed.

This is causing some within my guild, myself included, to create an Expert set for tanking/dps and a raid set for, well dps in my case with all the added crit power.

Not exactly fun, but something I hope they either fully convert to by tweaking the talents themselves or do away with over time.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Well is there a way to add a stat that's useful for low crit souls and gear sets that say a healer doesn't find much use for like spell crit focused sets.

As a puri for example even with talents and some sp crit on gear I barely have crit non the less use for crit power...now maybe when I can get to a point where I have 30% crit easily then crit power may help but again as heals I have always and currently focus on consistency over chance and go all SP. meanwhile hit on my gear is useless so can a stat or talent be added in a soul converting the hit to say haste or efficiency type stat or even make it change soul to soul...say % of hit is made into a lower burnout cd or as sent a increase to the hot a invocation adds anything that may help and mix it up a little...

The only and main reason I favor haste straight up because it then has a pro and a con since more haste equates to faster use of mana otherwise say turning hit to a stat other then it for heals basically only buffs us without a con to factor in..

I am and always have been a fan of itemization it increases the choices I have and with so many soul choices it be nice to mix it up...again I do see the advantage of not having which is I can swap souls without swapping gear but then why even have so many healing souls to change depending on the fight but not also add in the gear to go along with it...

I just see somewhere a answer to itemization other then crit power being only choice and with how it scales now its going to have to be nerfed point for point when we see higher iilvls and crit becomes out of hand for dps and still lackluster for heals.
    Last edited by Scarybadlady; 01-04-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiss View Post
    What we've found in our guild is that crit power is awesome when in a raid and pretty much garbage outside of that. Sure it can be decent in an expert if you have an Archon or Bard, but not as effective as when you are fully raid buffed.

This is causing some within my guild, myself included, to create an Expert set for tanking/dps and a raid set for, well dps in my case with all the added crit power.

Not exactly fun, but something I hope they either fully convert to by tweaking the talents themselves or do away with over time.
    See I also see ur point why even add a single stat like crit power and not something else...it be better to leave the core vanilla stats in place then only add crit power a stat very much IMO dps focused...

Either I say add more itemization for all souls or just do away with it entirely and make it simple and streamlined.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2