+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 61 Defiler Discussion

Default 61 Defiler Discussion

DPS Build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...fRfuquR.Vx.-11

From what I can see the maximum dps priority would be

Pain Transmission>Bond of Agony>Marrow Harvest>Siphon Vitality>Somatic Desercration

However, because Somatic does such a little amount of damage (~4k base), any average cleric would be better off using the dots we get from other specs in place of somatic (Dark Water,Curse of Discord, and Vex)

Which means our priority is
    PT>Bond>MH>SV>(Vex=CoD=DW)>Somatic

An interesting note is that you can only use PT if you have atleast two linked targets in melee, otherwise it does not do enough damage per cast to be worth more then somatic, however if you can line up a perfect Pain Transmission you can deal as much damage in the 2 second cast as you do with all of your dots. (My best parse has been on Manslaughter, in Expert gear, sitting at 11k. ~4000 sp, 1500 crit, 100 crit power)

Now I have not seen any of the 20 man fights, however in the ten man I was doing I could do more damage as defiler than as inquisitor on quite a few fights (because they were melee friendly). In addition to that, I had a very substantial cooldown macroed for the tank and passively reduced his ST incoming damage by 30%.

I will begin raiding this week (Hit 60 roughly a week and a half ago, didn't get to raid due to holidays) so i will be able to parse the fights. However I could potentially see defiler being our top ST spec on melee friendly fights.

Forgot to mention that you can switch to Grief and heal if a healer goes down and have a battle rez. Which brings some serious utility to a dps spec.

Also for comparison, on a dummy I am sitting at around 8.5k as an inquisitor and 7k as a defiler. (Remember that defiler gets +20% damage for having links, and up to 4 extra Pain transfusions per cast. pain transfusion is doing around 7k a cast, so an extra ~28k damage means we are looking at 1.5k+ dps (Before Rage's 20%) and I cant be using bond of agony.

However Defiler is much more susceptible to movement. And must be in melee range to maximum effectiveness.

Shadowlander

i was looking into this it was the off trees i was having trouble honing in on what to run i also contemplated running it with shaman and seeing if massive blow was a worthwhile venture but ill give this a try and see how it goes =]

General of Telara

perhaps its because i dont have enough spellpower yet but usually somatic desecration is better on parse then curse of discord/vex but i still think dot are better

First in a normal rotation , i cant keep all of these up. So for me its less stressful to go around with Pain Transmission>Bond of Pain>Marrow Harvest>Siphon Vitality>Somatic Desecration then going around and over doting. Probably a skilled player wont have this issue

Second, somatic desecration gain 10% more from vicissitude and with that in mind, when i do a crit on it, its damage ALMOST equal a full dot duration curse of discord/vex. But that may come from my lower spell power.

Third, its a cast so there is no GC with it so its 1.5sec (just like applying a dot) so neither of them make you lose time.

So yeah its a tough call but i think in the end dots win for mobility, more reliable damage on a long fight but for 5man when i know i can be stationnary i usually go with somatic , i think its more cool to look at.
    Last edited by darkchicken; 01-01-2013 at 10:48 PM.

7k ST DPS on a dummy as defiler is nuts. Are you sure you aren't tagging extra dummies with pain transmission? Do you have a beacon down for extra transmission tick? I find most fights I can't use beacon.

Anyway that's still nuts. Would easily beat out your inquis given buff stacks, agony ticks, and more linked people for transmission. I can't get anywhere close to 7k ST self buffed.

Also, isn't 61 defiler a PvP spec? The 61 point ability screams PvP, and you have to take some PvP stuff (anti-cleanse, healing debuff) to get there. I was always stopping at 58 in my raid specs.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    7k ST DPS on a dummy as defiler is nuts. Are you sure you aren't tagging extra dummies with pain transmission? Do you have a beacon down for extra transmission tick? I find most fights I can't use beacon.

Anyway that's still nuts. Would easily beat out your inquis given buff stacks, agony ticks, and more linked people for transmission. I can't get anywhere close to 7k ST self buffed.

Also, isn't 61 defiler a PvP spec? The 61 point ability screams PvP, and you have to take some PvP stuff (anti-cleanse, healing debuff) to get there. I was always stopping at 58 in my raid specs.
    What? Have you seen how ridiculous the cooldown is compared to ANY other mit?

Throwing on the tank 50% mit, 50% inc-heals, and on top of all that self-healing when hit....it makes them virtually invincible for those ten seconds.

edit: Perhaps you didn't realize you can use it on other players
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-02-2013 at 03:13 AM.

Oh and a good raid defiler tip I have found: use your weak links (5%, 10%) on people's melee pets. Those pets don't take AoE damage, so you won't blow up during AoE phase. And they're always going to be in melee range even when players have to run out. Just free automatic extra damage on pain transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    edit: Perhaps you didn't realize you can use it on other players
    Oh neat. Guess I have to get that then

Quote Originally Posted by Celdra View Post
    Also for comparison, on a dummy I am sitting at around 8.5k as an inquisitor and 7k as a defiler.
    Not calling shenanigans quite yet but I would love to know how you are getting 7k on the dummy with this spec. I have raid gear and am not getting close to that.

I was doing:

Pain Transmission>Bond>Marrow Harvest>Syphon Life>Vex>Curse of Discord>Somatic Desecration.

Prioritising Marrow Harvest over any of the dots (except Bond) if it was off cooldown and Pain Transmission was on cooldown.

Even with my beacon out it was more like 5k.

Do you have any ACT parses to support this by any chance?
    Yes, I raid in pink, what of it?
    FT: 4/4 :: EE:4/5
    Not copying strats since 2011

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Oh neat. Guess I have to get that then
    Yep...Was healing Iron Tomb the other day (Level 18 character). On the part with the mounds that stun the crap out of everyone, I cast my beacon on the tank, then just healed my *** off as everyone was taking damage because they like to blow the mound up and the tank was stunned. If I pulled aggro, the mobs just switched to my beacon (which was next to the tank) and I was free to keep healing without fear of being stunned myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoskull View Post
    Not calling shenanigans quite yet but I would love to know how you are getting 7k on the dummy with this spec. I have raid gear and am not getting close to that.

I was doing:

Pain Transmission>Bond>Marrow Harvest>Syphon Life>Vex>Curse of Discord>Somatic Desecration.

Prioritising Marrow Harvest over any of the dots (except Bond) if it was off cooldown and Pain Transmission was on cooldown.

Even with my beacon out it was more like 5k.

Do you have any ACT parses to support this by any chance?
    I just did another 10 minute sit down. I am sitting at 6k with my beacon out, and 5.5k without. I dont have ACT installed or I would post logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Celdra View Post
    I just did another 10 minute sit down. I am sitting at 6k with my beacon out, and 5.5k without. I dont have ACT installed or I would post logs.
    Also, for referance. Sitting at around 10.1k as inquis, and 10.3k as druid.

+ Reply to Thread