+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Bosun's Blessing and Geyser

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    241

    Default Bosun's Blessing and Geyser

    Although I can see that Bosun's Blessing does provide a meaningful increase to our overall raid healing I think that not having this proc from heals from geyser is a major mistake.

    The Warden is supposed to be the successor to our old hybrid raid healers, capable of outputting damage and keeping a raid alive. The geyser heal compared to a similar chloro heal is somewhat laughable. yes its instant cast, so we can use it on the move but it still uses a standard GCD so other than the movement benefit it really is equivalent to a 1.5 second cast - bear in mind that with self and raid buffs this is nearing equivalent to a 2 second chloro cast Vile Spores. They are both skills low in their respective trees, however the heal that the chloro gets from casting this is significantly greater (thats the one its supposed to be, before the ninja boost).

    I feel that warden could be made much more fun to play, and encouraged to use geyser (more dps) more often if it also fired off bosuns blessing on each cast. it wouldn't affect our burst AOE heals but it would make our sustained AOE a little bit better and more imprtantly mana efficient, making warden a much more sound raid choice.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I made a thread about this a few weeks ago, but yeah, bosuns blessing was pretty disappointing to me. It does add a bit to AoE heals as far as meters go, but an extra 200-300 per person will not actually effectively save lives. It just pads the HPS meters.

    My biggest frustration with it is that it only works on spells that are directly classified as AoE heals.

    The way I look at it, with it only being 200-300(without the crystal, and I think the crystal was nerfed to only add 200, upping it to about 400-500 total), I don't think it would be overly OP if it was able to proc on every single heal. When the warden casts a single target heal on the tank, he/she gets that extra 200-500(without/with crystal) to each member of the group. It would allow it to act like a Lifebound veil chloro, where even when they use big tank heals, they still get smallish splash heals to the group.

    This would also allow geyser to almost put out a decent amount of constant splash heals, while still being nowhere near enough to make geyser OP. If bosuns blessing worked on geyser, even with the warden crystal full bonus, it would still heal for less than salvation with a properly specced/geared justicar/sent type build that was designed for support, with a justi crystal.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Deviancy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    104

    Default

    As of patch 2.1 (or whatever patch broke a lot of healing spells) I find Bosun's to be useful. In it's bugged form it makes up about 14% of my healing (spamming cataract). When they fix the bug though it will go back to being useless.

    Quick tip though, at the beginning of the fight there isn't usually AoE damage immediately, so quickly get 5 stacks of Dangers of the Deeps and recast Bosun's Blessing. Or do it before combat.
    |Cleric||<Everlasting Vendetta>||Greybriar|

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings. ~Daglar

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunrar View Post
    Although I can see that Bosun's Blessing does provide a meaningful increase to our overall raid healing I think that not having this proc from heals from geyser is a major mistake.

    The Warden is supposed to be the successor to our old hybrid raid healers, capable of outputting damage and keeping a raid alive. The geyser heal compared to a similar chloro heal is somewhat laughable. yes its instant cast, so we can use it on the move but it still uses a standard GCD so other than the movement benefit it really is equivalent to a 1.5 second cast - bear in mind that with self and raid buffs this is nearing equivalent to a 2 second chloro cast Vile Spores. They are both skills low in their respective trees, however the heal that the chloro gets from casting this is significantly greater (thats the one its supposed to be, before the ninja boost).

    I feel that warden could be made much more fun to play, and encouraged to use geyser (more dps) more often if it also fired off bosuns blessing on each cast. it wouldn't affect our burst AOE heals but it would make our sustained AOE a little bit better and more imprtantly mana efficient, making warden a much more sound raid choice.
    While I agree that Bosun's should apply to Geyser (and that it should also apply Reef Barrier), comparing an instant cast with a cast time ability (one with a travel time, no less) is completely irrelevant.

    You are encouraged to use Geyser because it maintains your Dangers of the Deep buff while providing some healing.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-30-2012 at 11:00 PM.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    84

    Default

    The warden raid synergy adds a significant bonus on the Bosun healing, 600 more if i'm not mistaken. If they add to much power to Bosun now then once people are sufficiently raid geared 1 wardens can keep the whole raid alive only by spamming Geyser...which would totally suck balls for us who enjoy playing the cleric

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethax View Post
    The warden raid synergy adds a significant bonus on the Bosun healing, 600 more if i'm not mistaken. If they add to much power to Bosun now then once people are sufficiently raid geared 1 wardens can keep the whole raid alive only by spamming Geyser...which would totally suck balls for us who enjoy playing the cleric
    The crystal bonus was dropped down from 600 to something substantially less, I think it's something around a 200 bonus now?

    Currently, I believe bosuns is benefiting from the same bug that certain other heal proccing buffs are getting, like chloro veils. But once that is fixed, bosuns will go back to being somewhat underwhelming, even with a full raid synergy crystal.

    I don't think it would be too overpowered to have it effect geyser. The heal on geyser is fairly small as it scaled up to 60, so there is no risk of geyser every outshining any of wardens direct cast AoE heals. A 61 wardens healing cataract will heal for around 2 1/2 to 3 times as much as a geyser, and healing effusion will heal for almost 4 times as much.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    So let me get this straight. You want MORE raid heals? I see wardens topping meters before the broken veils. Wardens have a ton of aoe heal spells, a buff to geysers healing theough bosun would be rediculous.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ottopaul View Post
    The crystal bonus was dropped down from 600 to something substantially less, I think it's something around a 200 bonus now?

    Currently, I believe bosuns is benefiting from the same bug that certain other heal proccing buffs are getting, like chloro veils. But once that is fixed, bosuns will go back to being somewhat underwhelming, even with a full raid synergy crystal.

    I don't think it would be too overpowered to have it effect geyser. The heal on geyser is fairly small as it scaled up to 60, so there is no risk of geyser every outshining any of wardens direct cast AoE heals. A 61 wardens healing cataract will heal for around 2 1/2 to 3 times as much as a geyser, and healing effusion will heal for almost 4 times as much.
    The thought sounds appealing at first, but i think it would be a mistake to add Bosun to Geyser or to adjust the Bosun output. On heavy aoe phases it can already amount up to 15-20% of my total healing. And even with the changed synergy (i went and checked and you were right) the Geyser heal would be around 1200 on 10 raid members pr cooldown not counting in the bonus it would get as you pile up stacks.
    Geyser spam alone would get you through anything but spam phases, perhaps it's a good thing considering that mages get a good tradeoff with both damage and powerful healing.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts