+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warden Healer. Is it viable?

Default Warden Healer. Is it viable?

I've always loved AoE/Raid Healing, and Warden seems to provide just that. I know that Warden wasn't considered "good" before Storm Legion, but what about now? Is it possible to make it work for PvE healing?

Warden is as viable for healing as Purifier and Sentinel. Each serves a niche in raiding, and you really shouldn't try to go against the grain too hard, but for Dungeons, each is perfectly viable.

Granted, Sentinel is superior for Dungeons, but if you're comfortable with the playstyle of Warden, and not too proud to ask the support for support on ocassion, then you won't be barred from healing a dungeon by your preference of healing spec.

Well, shouldn't be. There's always the possibility of running into a ******* support/tank who demands you adhere to the Munchkin Code and only play the most efficient spec at all times regardless of personal ability. In those cases, just requeue.

Ascendant

There is usually a spot for at least one Warden in raids.

For 5-mans you will prefer 61 Sentinel/15 Purifier.

Check out my Warden Guide and you should pump out some nice hps in 10/20-mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    Warden is as viable for healing as Purifier and Sentinel. Each serves a niche in raiding, and you really shouldn't try to go against the grain too hard, but for Dungeons, each is perfectly viable.

Granted, Sentinel is superior for Dungeons, but if you're comfortable with the playstyle of Warden, and not too proud to ask the support for support on ocassion, then you won't be barred from healing a dungeon by your preference of healing spec.

Well, shouldn't be. There's always the possibility of running into a ******* support/tank who demands you adhere to the Munchkin Code and only play the most efficient spec at all times regardless of personal ability. In those cases, just requeue.
    Thanks! I'll definitely give it a try and see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

Thanks for the link to your guide. It is relatively hard to find guides online, so it is much appreciated.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

The summary is to smash your face on the keyboard when raid damage goes out. Use the occasional cooldown for even bigger heals. ;)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    The summary is to smash your face on the keyboard when raid damage goes out. Use the occasional cooldown for even bigger heals. ;)
    With how ridiculous the bugged chloro heals are, this is pretty much true. I was trying my hardest on Progenitor Saetos to beat the LGV chloro, and still lost by a few hundred HPS, with perfectly-timed cooldowns.

When our LGV chloro on Kain disconnected/died, I thought I had a good shot at top hps. Wound up with 13.5k, but was beat by.....our tank-heal chloro, at 15k hps...

Soulwalker

Default what happened trion?

honestly im extremely unhappy with the new warden tree and the general state of healing period. all the things that were taken out of the warden tree for no real reason like overflow, deluge, ebb and flow... i can go on. the fact that mana is now no more than a blue energy bar makes me sick... not to mention the simplified builds! it really makes me angry that the only good builds are 61 points in. what happened to hybrid builds? for example i used a 38/28 warden sent build back before storm legion. noone liked it because i was the only healer with no battle rez but ill tell you right now it rocked out the aoe heals like no other. on long fights like aky it was top dog at aoe healing if you know how to play it. now the synergy for that build has been stripped away to absolutely nothing... now im dealing with a lack luster build and to make matters worse its been nerfed into the ground since storm legions launch! i want to see the diversity and hybrid builds brought back to end this nonsense. we had a great system before and im shocked that trion would pull a move like this. ive basically lost most of my desire to play warden.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by koromatzu View Post
    honestly im extremely unhappy with the new warden tree and the general state of healing period. all the things that were taken out of the warden tree for no real reason like overflow, deluge, ebb and flow... i can go on. the fact that mana is now no more than a blue energy bar makes me sick... not to mention the simplified builds! it really makes me angry that the only good builds are 61 points in. what happened to hybrid builds? for example i used a 38/28 warden sent build back before storm legion. noone liked it because i was the only healer with no battle rez but ill tell you right now it rocked out the aoe heals like no other. on long fights like aky it was top dog at aoe healing if you know how to play it. now the synergy for that build has been stripped away to absolutely nothing... now im dealing with a lack luster build and to make matters worse its been nerfed into the ground since storm legions launch! i want to see the diversity and hybrid builds brought back to end this nonsense. we had a great system before and im shocked that trion would pull a move like this. ive basically lost most of my desire to play warden.

Pre sl Senticar/wardicar >>>>>>>> ur build by miles and miles.

In short u Failed....

Only place for that build was pvp, ofc with points placed so u 1 can have a combat ress hahahahahahaha
    Last edited by Runiez; 01-12-2013 at 01:21 AM.
    Runiez Cleric

+ Reply to Thread