+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Druid pet Greater Satyr Protector max level 30?

Rift Disciple

Default Druid pet Greater Satyr Protector max level 30?

Hi,

I hope I am overlooking something and this a dumb question - just put a point into druid to get the Greater Satyr Protector and its a level 30 (I am 54).

Do we still need to see the trainer or someone to upgrade the pet or...?

Thanks

There are talents within the pet trees (including Druid) that allows your pets to level up past certain points. You must spend more points in druid for it to level up more.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    There are talents within the pet trees (including Druid) that allows your pets to level up past certain points. You must spend more points in druid for it to level up more.
    That's cool, was hoping so. I have 46 points in druid now. I am not seeing anything in the tree or anywhere on the web that says how to rank up your Greater Satyr Protector.

Can anyone say clearly how many points are needed to get the Greater Satyr Protector pet to 50+ level ? I am not finding anything about it on Google or the forums so far.

Thanks!

Ascendant

If you've spent the point to get the Greater Protector then I only assume you aren't actually casting the proper spell to summon him.

Make sure in your Druid ability tab that you are casting the Greater spell.

Quote Originally Posted by riftyman View Post
    Can anyone say clearly how many points are needed to get the Greater Satyr Protector pet to 50+ level ? I am not finding anything about it on Google or the forums so far.
    There are 2 sections to your tree, the top half more obvious, but your pet's level is down the bottom. As you spend more points in the soul the higher levels unlock. Those numbers tell youhow many points you need to spend.

Hope this help.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

Rift Disciple

Shibi,

Please see my screenshot. I don't see where it refers to pet points or points needed to get the higher pet.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Druid pet Greater Satyr Protector max level 30?-2012-12-28_074616mod.jpg  

Usually greaters scale to 50 and lessers scale to the level you unlock the greaters at.
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

It is a bug Rifty, I recommend you submit a ticket to a GM so they can fix it for you. I am guessing your ability simply didn't automatically train like it should have. Also, please post it in the appropriate thread up the cleric forum!

Have a good day fellow rifter!

Quote Originally Posted by riftyman View Post
    Shibi,

Please see my screenshot. I don't see where it refers to pet points or points needed to get the higher pet.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    My SSD died today so I can't login, writing this on my phone in fact so I can't really look at that picture or see the hovertips on sites where you would create a build, however I really hope someone can help. Those were my only ideas.

As a guide on how far you look to have progressed I am surprised. That is quite filled in so I know I am quite wrong.

Good luck finding out why
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kyan View Post
    It is a bug Rifty, I recommend you submit a ticket to a GM so they can fix it for you. I am guessing your ability simply didn't automatically train like it should have. Also, please post it in the appropriate thread up the cleric forum!

Have a good day fellow rifter!

Hi Kyan. Just one question for ya- I thought this is the cleric forum...is it not? Where should I be posting this if not here? Thanks

riftyman -

Summoning spells, like all other abilities have "ranks" that increase in power with increasing level requirements. The issue you're most likely seeing is that the tooltip for an ability in the soul tree will show the tooltip for rank 1 of an ability. A rank 1 Greater Satyr Protector has a max level of 30. If you actually invest a point in the skill the version that appears in your ability book should have a more appropriate max level, as training is no longer necessary as it is done automatically.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 12-28-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

There is a sticky thread up the cleric discussion list, title mentions bugs, should be easy to find ^_^

It's easier for the devs to track it if it's there rather than a separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    riftyman -

Summoning spells, like all other abilities have "ranks" that increase in power with increasing level requirements. The issue you're most likely seeing is that the tooltip for an ability in the soul tree will show the tooltip for rank 1 of an ability. A rank 1 Greater Satyr Protector has a max level of 30. If you actually invest a point in the skill the version that appears in your ability book should have a more appropriate max level, as training is no longer necessary as it is done automatically.
    The thing is I looked at his tree and he has properly spent a point in Summon: Great Satyr Protector. It most likely glitched out for him and it isn't him not doing something properly. Like I said, bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyan View Post
    There is a sticky thread up the cleric discussion list, title mentions bugs, should be easy to find ^_^

It's easier for the devs to track it if it's there rather than a separate thread.
    This is not a Cleric bug, it is a tooltip bug. You can find the same bug in the soul tree branch abilities of every calling.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 12-28-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    This is not a Cleric bug, it is a tooltip bug. You can find the same bug in the soul tree branch abilities of every calling.
    Yeah right, it's all tooltip that his pet isn't the appropriate level, sorry I should have took some hindsight, obviously.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast